XC in kent- Any willing volunteers!!!

Comments

• RussAlf
    RussAlf Posts: 706
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Dont worry Russ im sure you will be out riding soon.

Looking forward to Sunday Guys,
    Can anyone recommed any good cycling gloves for very cold weather? as i only have summer ones and like to be able to feel my fingers..

Lets hope so..

If not i know where i can get a brand new 09 meta frame from. :wink:
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    Off to the south west tonight for some riding at Wareham Forest for a couple of days then further on to Devon to do a bit round there.

Just fitted some new Recons on my bike too so that should make a difference, the weight dropped also as the 4 year old Judy TT's were a little on the lardy side.

Not been out since boxing day so keen to get back in the saddle. Shame i missed yesterday, sounded awesome. didn't even go for an evening ride with the missus as i ended up being really ill. Either a bug or a two day hangover, you decide...

Steve, forks is a pretty straightforward job. Just make sure you get the measurement right when you cut the steerer tube.

Good step by step guide here...

http://www.bikemagic.com/news/article.a ... 1&UAN=3025

Also i opted for a Hope Hed Doctor instead of a star nut. Was a total piece of p!ss to fit and it is easy to transfer should you choose to. A little extravagant compared to £1.25 for a star nut. but hey its Christmas and i reckon the bike deserved it...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Hope_ ... 300002474/

There are some mixed reviews around but mine went in like a piece of p!ss and is as snug as anything...

Next on the list of to do's is shorten my hydraulic cables and also my gear cables, way to much floating about at the moment. Maybe that will be my job for the new year, along with upgrading my wheels.

Have fun over the next few days...
  • breezer
    breezer Posts: 1,225
    Picked up some new cable outer for the Inbred at lunch, one bit all the way to the mech, it had split at the shifter and was almost at 90 degrees, I wondered why the shifting was getting stiffer heh. Off to B&Q tonight to buy a small spade and cutters for when im up the wood, not to bury people but to do more trail work heh
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    ok cheers for that legless and russ

i was looking at one of them anyway the star fangled bolts seem like a lot of fiddling around :lol: and my dad has agreed to fit everything aslong as i keep out his way 8)

:o shock horror on the fork news, the XCM's are moving :twisted: after a complete strip down no thanks to the help of suntours bloody useless diagram, so they should keep me riding untill the new forks arrive :D
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • anyone want to have a bid :wink:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0292719405

Got some seal skin gloves today...mmmmm toasty
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Bmjboy
    Bmjboy Posts: 680
    Hi All - Hope you all had good xmas's....

Right, to kick off my New Year - we've gone an entered the Bontrager Twentyfour12 in July 09.

http://www.twentyfour12.com/

If this doesnt get me out and training HARD, then nothing will! I have a box of mince pies, and several crates of beer flab to shift!

Would be good if some others from the Kent collective here could enter?!?! - We could setup a little village of Kent riders.

Entry was £168 for a male team, which is for 5 riders (only 4 of us, so there is technically a place spare)

So.... what's YOUR new years resolution?? :lol:
    "I don't do double-entendres, but I do like to slip a big one in occasionally"

Giant Trance X2 / Garmin Edge 305 / Empty Wallet
  • stevet1992
    Bmjboy wrote:

increase my fitness and stamina :shock: its not as good as i thought it was :lol:

• RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    anyone want to have a bid :wink:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0292719405

Seriously mate Tinsel around Picture frames, Nicky would not approve. Also Pringles are very bad for you! but i love them.

In future mate if you send me the pictures ill host them and then you can html link them onto your ebay advert, the pictures will be bigger and you wont have to pay.
  • RussAlf
    Bmjboy wrote:

Ride harder and faster - do bigger drop offs.
  • Bmjboy
    stevet1992 wrote:
    Bmjboy wrote:

increase my fitness and stamina :shock: its not as good as i thought it was :lol:

Which is why I entered something Im not fit enough for (yet!) - I need a goal (READ: KICK UP THE A*SE) to get fitter, so what better than a big fright to do it!!

• stevet1992
    Bmjboy wrote:
    stevet1992 wrote:
    Bmjboy wrote:

Which is why I entered something Im not fit enough for (yet!) - I need a goal (READ: KICK UP THE A*SE) to get fitter, so what better than a big fright to do it!!
    :lol: a kick up the ar*e is just what i need :roll: hopefully getting out on a ride tomorrow to see if the forks will hold up and if my legs will work again (still very tense)

• stevet1992
    is the ride at blean still happening :?: new years day that is
    as if my pile of steaming turd forks are acutally responding a little bit better i may join ya 8) as from what ive rode there its much flatter then blean :shock:

• RussAlf wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:
    anyone want to have a bid :wink:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0292719405

Seriously mate Tinsel around Picture frames, Nicky would not approve. Also Pringles are very bad for you! but i love them.

In future mate if you send me the pictures ill host them and then you can html link them onto your ebay advert, the pictures will be bigger and you wont have to pay.

LOL your meant to look at the frame not all the christmas junk :D
    Does Nicky not like Christmas? Just showed my Wife the pics and she told me off and said i should have tided up???? I told her thats her Job :wink:

(that last part was a lie)

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    RussAlf wrote:
    deadpool2e wrote:

LOL your meant to look at the frame not all the christmas junk :D
    Does Nicky not like Christmas? Just showed my Wife the pics and she told me off and said i should have tided up???? I told her thats her Job :wink:

(that last part was a lie)

Of course it was, otherwise you'd probably have no balls left :lol:

My new years resolution: I'll let you know when I think of it..

Got myself some Seal Skinz today too.. Will be testing them out in the (up to) -8 conditions in 6.5 hours time!
  • RussAlf
    Whats everyone up to tonight then?
  • RussAlf
    deadpool2e wrote:
    Does Nicky not like Christmas?

No she loves christmas but just has an OCD decorating for it. Seriously the Tree took all day to decorate and there was a strict no Tinsel policy - its ridiculous.
  • stevet1992
    RussAlf wrote:
    looking after the bloody dog :(

i mean come on i love the dog but on new years eve :lol: i might tie him to the back and go for a ride :twisted:

what about you?

• Wang king...opps wrong forum. :D

Staying in with the kids and wife.

• and before you ask Wang is one of my staff :wink:

• breezer
    Reminds me of a race prepared M3 I saw parked up in someones drive the other day with the 2 drivers names in the rear side windows, one being Fo Kinkwik

Now there is just NO way thats a real name despite asian ones sometimes being potentially funny to an english person :lol:

I will be at a friends for New Year. Did I hear muttering about a ride at Blean tomorrow?
  • stevet1992
    edited December 2008
    breezer wrote:
    Reminds me of a race prepared M3 I saw parked up in someones drive the other day with the 2 drivers names in the rear side windows, one being Fo Kinkwik

Now there is just NO way thats a real name despite asian ones sometimes being potentially funny to an english person :lol:

I will be at a friends for New Year. Did I hear muttering about a ride at Blean tomorrow?

:lol: whats funny was i did actually know a guy called wayne king :roll: man that kid got laguhed at to much :shock:

there was talks of a ride on tomoorow i do believe i dont know if its still happening, i might be able to make it, depending on time

EDIT : got the day wrong :oops:

• RussAlf
    Im just at a friends aswell, never been a big fan of going on mad ones at new years.
  • Bmjboy
    Down my local, its near, its cheap, its free to get in, and no ridiculous taxi fares or ticketing ass-ache.

Will be my last "session" before proper training starts and new fitness regime for 2009 begins...

• impished
    impished Posts: 1,092
    RussAlf wrote:
    I'm gonna be sitting at home whining about the crap they put on TV. Then I might watch some second rate presenter try to count down to the new year surrounded by hundreds of muppets pretending to enjoy themselves, only for the fireworks to fail :twisted:

I wonder how many times we'll be reminded that there are 61 seconds in the last minute of this year :roll: I mean... fancy forgetting it's a Leap Second year

Have a good time whatever you're all doing. And, those of us that drink too much :oops: , hope the hangover's not too Xtreme :wink:
  • breezer
    I plan on clearing my head up the local woods tomorrow using my newly purchased implements from B&Q heh

Yer Imp I mean how can people forget that they need to keep the gap between UTC and UT1 under 0.6s :lol:
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    My options for tonight:

Old Brewery Tavern, Canterbury - £20 entry. Free every other night of the year
    Bramleys, Canterbury - £15 entry and 1920s theme :shock: Free every other night of the year
    Blazing Donkey, nr Sandwich - £40 including meal. Lots of couples going :roll:
    Ministry of Sound @ The Gallery, London - £40 entry and a fiver a beer. Although tempting as my favourite DJs are playing
    Home, Canterbury - free entry but nobody to be cynical about New Year with
    House party, Canterbury - free entry but an ex will be there so would probably be awkward

So I think we're heading round to the local pub that actually isn't charging for entry and has some live music on. The girls want to dress up so i'll be suited and booted. I just hope its not a heavy metal band...

Enjoy - whatever you're up to!

BTW - unlikely to be riding tomorrow :oops:
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    I'm in swanage dressing up as a 70's glam rock star at a street party should be a good crack. Hoping to ride today and tomorrow.

Nick, i saw that poster at the brewery and nearly died laughing. 20 quid is a total joke. New years is always a chance for people to take the p!ss it seems!

Have fun!
  • breezer
    oh dear, ive just had a flashback to the one year I went out in fancy dress on new years. Fortunately the only photographic evidence has either been destroyed or its in NZ with my friends that emigrated there :lol:
  • breezer wrote:

Yeah i'm still riding tomorrow. Was thinking of heading over there about 12ish, would be great he you two can come along too, and i can do later if that's better for you.
  • stevet1992
    breezer wrote:

Yeah i'm still riding tomorrow. Was thinking of heading over there about 12ish, would be great he you two can come along too, and i can do later if that's better for you.

how far is everyone looking to ride tomorrow?, just got out on a ride today and the legs are working better then ever obviously done them some good 8)