Commuting bike pics

Comments

• girv73
    girv73 Posts: 842
    Finally got around to taking some pictures of my commutabike - a Commencal Normal Disc 2008. This is it in full commuting trim, click the images for larger versions.

DSCF2252.JPG

DSCF2255.JPG

DSCF2256.JPG
    Today is a good day to ride
  • The Boardman Urban team.....

image032zy9.th.jpgthpix.gif

....wintered up.
    "If we all had hardtails we'd all go down the hill, just slower"
    Nick Larsen

Voodoo D-Jab Ti
    Boardman Road Team 09
    Boardman Urban Team 08
    Falcon 3 Speed
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    commuter001.jpg

my ebay special, had it 2 years now and it hasnt put a foot wrong (touch wood).
    oh yeah, cost me £90 all in and i got a second one for an extra £80 for the mrs.[/img]
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    My Spesh Enduro 06 , under used and unloved :cry:

I bought it cos I thought I might get into off road in a serious way, instead I've gone the other way , so I might try and swop it for a sports hybrid or road bike.

3023635608_f46cdca6e8.jpg
    Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • R34PER
    R34PER Posts: 193
    AndyManc wrote:
    My Spesh Enduro 06 , under used and unloved :cry:

I bought it cos I thought I might get into off road in a serious way, instead I've gone the other way , so I might try and swop it for a sports hybrid or road bike.

shame, its a really nice bike. i'm sure your lbs will px it for another ride.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    girv73 wrote:
    Finally got around to taking some pictures of my commutabike - a Commencal Normal Disc 2008. This is it in full commuting trim, click the images for larger versions.

DSCF2252.JPG

DSCF2255.JPG

DSCF2256.JPG

Girv... whats the cateye on the front? Is that a battery? Looks very nice a bike.

And shame about yours Andy. My father says he wants to try proper offroading but never follows it up either.
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Go on, it's a slow day;

snb20967fn8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Daily commuter, with enough spirit to have some fun on longer rides. Reasonably quick too.
  • 8205033a9264044304l.jpg

My first ever bike!!! RockHopper PRO Disc 2008. still haven't done any off road stuff with it yet so can't wait for next Sat. 8)

*fingercross the weather will be ok.
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Sorry for the rubbish pics, havent got a great camera to hand so used the dirt cheap compact.

My new steed, Kona Jake 09, cateye 520 and 610 lights. Nothing upgraded yet:
    yvoqb4.jpg

yvoqbg.jpg

Just fer old times sake, me Marin before it got driven into:
    y6n65m.jpg
  • I can't sort out this photo thing.....should the preview actually show a picture??
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary...those that do and those that don't.
  • Check out this bad boy seen whilst on my travels in Chennai....may be a touch on the heavy side :D !!

MorePiccies2007011.jpg
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary...those that do and those that don't.
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    Stalexcal wrote:
    Check out this bad boy seen whilst on my travels in Chennai....may be a touch on the heavy side :D !!

MorePiccies2007011.jpg

This looks like its a *cough* MOTORBIKE *sicks up in mouth*
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    My pub bike, works much better off the wall :lol:
    d76c60b922c54d1780b5ca6a5790d218.jpg
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    My commuter now with added black cranks
    72dd899537df4e0cba76d08437f7acae.jpg
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    mtb.boy wrote:
    Stalexcal wrote:
    Check out this bad boy seen whilst on my travels in Chennai....may be a touch on the heavy side :D !!
    ]

It looks almost as bad as my bike :lol:

905_1.jpg
  • itboffin
    What in the name of Jehovah is that? :o :shock: :o
  • itboffin wrote:
    Ooh, stone him! Stone him! :lol:
  • Konan
    Konan Posts: 43
    Not strictly for a commute although it will get used for it. This is my bike bike. I expect it to do everything including quite a few farm tracks and disused railway lines.

dawes1.jpg
  • moonio
    Konan wrote:
    Not strictly for a commute although it will get used for it. This is my bike bike. I expect it to do everything including quite a few farm tracks and disused railway lines.

I like the way the daisy flowers are growing next to the bike. :)

Maybe you could decorate the whole bike with them!
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I think you may be the only girly girl on the entire commuting forum :)
  • moonio
    itboffin wrote:
    Its the Knightrider KITT of the bike world
    Just imagine me on that bike with all my red flashing lights and watch this video..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJDP0kzhtg

I look just like that on my bike...honest
  • moonio
    biondino wrote:
    I think you may be the only girly girl on the entire commuting forum :)

I'm not really that girly at all, quite the opposite really, its just that this forum MAKES me want to be girly...

Too much testosterone on here... :lol:
  • Konan
    Konan Posts: 43
    moonio wrote:
    Konan wrote:

I like the way the daisy flowers are growing next to the bike. :)

Maybe you could decorate the whole bike with them!

Makes a change from mud, I suppose.

You should see it in picknic mode! Parked up against a big tree in the grounds of a stately home in amoungst the roaming Deer. Blanket rolled out in the sun and a nice selection of cake.

Have to love cake.
  • rb1956
    rb1956 Posts: 134
    My current commuting/general-purpose bike is built on a Swift Folder frame purchased from Design Mobility Inc. of Brooklyn, New York City. You can buy a complete "standard" Swift bicycle from Xootr, and Design Mobility will also build up a complete bicycle to customer specification, but since I live in Sydney, Australia, I decided to import a bare frameset and build it up with parts sourced locally to avoid possible problems with warranty support across the Pacific. Click on the thumbnail to see full-sized pic.

swiftrightsideun9.th.jpg
  • DSCF3772.jpg

Ok its not a road bike but its my commuter to college everyday no matter what the weather :) Its gotta be my baby. I recently got it (bout 3 months ago) its a FELT Q520 Its my first serious bike but I have been into biking for quite a while. Not the best commuter but there we go.

Oh and that was taken whilst I was doing the south downs way!
    "Clothing:
    None +3" Pure awesomeness!

A Felt Q520... My baby and first serious bike! - http://is.gd/9Vab
  • Mmmmmm caked! :)

Despite my previous claims to the contrary I went and cleaned mine today cos I had quite a few other things needing done and I got a bit carried away. It did attract a roll of the eyes from my other half when I went out to the lockup carrying my camera.

xo1small.jpg

It's only a couple of months old, having replaced a Carrera Gryphon which is currently in bits, so it's pretty much standard kit at the moment except for the tyres and brakes. Swapped the factory knobblies for Conti City Contacts (kept the knobblies for off-road use :D) and swapped the shyte no-name pads for Kool-Stops.
    Trek XO1
    FCN4
  • itboffin
    moonio wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    Its the Knightrider KITT of the bike world
    Just imagine me on that bike with all my red flashing lights and watch this video..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJDP0kzhtg

I look just like that on my bike...honest

It's taken me this long to recover from the shock. People of BR we have an urgent charity appeal, there is one among us who is forced to ride the cycling equivalent of the "elephant man" - dig deep, give all you can, let this poor child once again enjoy a sub 100lb bicycle.

fear not moonio i've sent messages to Bob Geldof & Sting
  • My Polygon Premier if you never heard it before, you're forgiven. Actually it's not a road bike, but nevertheless it's my commuter:

013193506.jpg013194131.jpg013194152.jpg013194162.jpg
    013193506.jpg
  • Mine:

dscn1666pt9.jpg

42-12 gearing gives speed
    Less gears, more beers.