The Richmond Park, 2007, 3-Lap challenge!

18910111214»

Comments

• What are the Start and End definitions for the course, clockwise or anti-clockwise ??

Cheers In Advance

Russ
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Start wherever you like. I go from Richmond Gate in the north west and go anti-clockwise. Most riders go anti-cw as it avoids the hardest asscent.
  • kmahony
    kmahony Posts: 380
    What are the Start and End definitions for the course, clockwise or anti-clockwise ??

Cheers In Advance

Russ

Start anywhere. Most people go anti-cw. It's a bit easier on the roundabouts.
  • Cheers I'll start at the Richmond Gate is there any advantage/dis advantage in starting at say Rrichmond or Kingston.

Russ
  • There isn't really any advantage that I am aware of because you have to do a full loop any way. I start/stop at the mini roundabout between Roehampton and Richmond Gate so I don't finish at a busy junction when I'm trying to stop the clock and check my time. It also gives me a bit of time in the park to get in the mood.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I start at Kingston Gate, which seems to be a bit of a b ugger because I end up having a slow "run up" to the roundabout due to the slight incline - which, for some reason, knackers me out every morning on the commute without fail. :roll:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • laertes
    laertes Posts: 68
    Well I managed 3 laps last night for the first time in about 5 months, so not timed!

Kingston Gate is a bugger to start, I think because you climb to get there, and then climb again to the roundabout, and then start your lap with - a climb.

Well done urrssss, big improvement over the summer. I have gone backwards, and am managing only 40 min laps.
  • Chipping away.......

RedGreenBaron
    fitness
    anti----70kg----58:20
    16-Jan
  • REDGREENBARON that's a good time in this weather. I went round at the weekend and only managed 54+mins with the wind.

How is the bike build going? (I'm opening a cycle shop soon so if you need anything...)
  • cjcp
    Shavedlegs wrote:
    REDGREENBARON that's a good time in this weather. I went round at the weekend and only managed 54+mins with the wind.

How is the bike build going? (I'm opening a cycle shop soon so if you need anything...)

Shavedlegs - where and when are you opening up your shop?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Hi shaved legs i haven't check this thread for ages. Seeing as you won the thing hands down months ago why don't you or one of the other regular RP 3 lappers start a new thread afterall its 2008 now. Just a suggestion :D:D
  • Hi CJCP and other RP Challengers.

I've always wanted my own business and now I've been forced into it as my current job doesn't provide the work life balance I need with two children. Of course the new business may not provide the income for the mortgage!

The shop will be based in Wiltshire (don't ask). If things go well a London branch will open. The website is almost finished which I want to be more than just a portal to the shop so I'm adding things such as component weight comparison tables. Any ideas of what you'd like to see on the site are welcomed and considered whether fun or useful, since hopefully you will be the people hitting the site. (Cycling Wives already being a suggestion)
    I'm also hoping to offer same day delivery within central London and should have very competitive prices, especially if you mention this thread. I may even bring your purchase to your weekend club run or Richmond Park, as a form of w/e delivery as long as I can join the ride!
    It should all open on 1st March (my birthday) but I will be taking advance orders soon for those who don't mind waiting a little while to pick up a bargain.

Just writing about it makes me scared.

So back to the Richmond Park Challenge, I've been beaten to setting up the new thread but in thanks to Toks, I will be in the park in the near future with a stop watch and a camera, to run an unofficial Toks 3 lap challenge TT! I'll post the results and pictures on the website. I hope to meet you all face to face and perhaps offer you a Shavedlegs flapjack.
  • RedGreenBaron
    RedGreenBaron Posts: 232
    edited January 2008
    Wish you all the best with the new business, Shavedlegs. It's a bold step - in an era where everyone talks about work-life balance, it's great to hear of someone actually doing it.
  • cjcp
    Yeah, good luck Shavedlegs; sounds like a great idea. The search for that work/life balance continues! Was talking about that at a business lunch today.

How about a checklist/guide to building your own bike so that clueless donkeys like me know what to buy, especially when it comes to headsets and short cages or super short cages, perhaps with pictures :oops:? I could of course find all this out if I paid attention to what's on my present bike and searching various sites, or even used a modicum of common sense, but you'll know what it's like trying to search the internet with kids running around the place.

Post the website when it's up and running.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • chello
    chello Posts: 3
    These times are amazing. My best single lap, unassisted, is 19:45.
  • laertes
    laertes Posts: 68
    First reply in two years :o
  • cjcp
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • smarkgee
    smarkgee Posts: 2
    I just knocked off several minutes on a windy day but with new wheels. Timeless on 62.24 could EASILY be the same physical performance if his kit is not as good as mine (which isn't great). Also park was stonily resurfaced last year in 2010 and that doesn't help. markyg :wink:

Name
    Anti or Clock
    Weight
    Time
    Month---Age---Experience----Kit

Toks
    3 laps/Anti
    70kg
    57min
    March
    Timeless
    3 laps/Anti