ASK BERN

Comments

• Bern.
    Bern. Posts: 58
    Amit,
    If you are near the shop, just pop in and the guys in the workshop should be able to sort it out for you. It could be the bolt binding so not tightening up correctly. They can also pop on some special carbon specific grease(never fit standard grease to a carbon post). I would not advise roughening the carbon, but depending on which brand of post you have it is possible to do this. Some carbon posts have a heavy layer of resin over the carbon.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Thanks for the reply bern.

I replaced the seatclamp with a Hope one to see if it would stop the slipping, but didn't work.

I'll pop in tonight after work if I have time.

Thanks
    Amit
  • Hi Bern
    I bought an Assos Airjack a few months ago when I was overseas. It's clearly cold enough to wear now and I've noticed that the dome at the collar doesn't do up properly - it keeps popping undone [V]

The Assos warranty page on their site says that I should first return it to my local Assos distributor and see if they can assist me. Well ... my local distributor happens to be your good selves!

Am I able to bring it in and see if you guys can sort it out for me even though (ashamedly) I didn't buy it from yourselves?

Thanks in advance
  • Bern.
    Yodas,

It should be no problem to bring it in and we can check it out for you. Please ask for Karl in our clothing department.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Bern,

Do you think you'd be able to lay your hands on a few pairs of pink Jagwire gear and brake cables? I'm having difficulty finding any shops that have them and the UK distributor won't pick up the phone.

Cheers,

Ed

Wanted:
    Conti Comp tubs and Conti GP3000s with pink sidewalls
  • Bern.
    I am hoping there will be a few sets available soon.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Cool. Thanks a lot Bern.

Wanted:
  • Bern.
    ejls, I believe the should be available at stockists nationwide soon as due into importer any day now according to themselves.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Brilliant. Thanks Bern. I've tried e-mailing and calling the importer several times but to no avail.

Will Condor be getting any in? If so can I "reserve" 4 gear cables and two brake cables please :)

Wanted:
  • Bern.
    If you email info@condorcycles.com they should be able to note your request.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    Hi bern just taken hold of a lovely new Pista, thanks.

Could you tell me what lockring will fit though, the hubs are the condor ones.

Thanks
    Mañana
  • Bern - you know what I am going to ask ! Fratello ?
  • Frenchie.
    Frenchie. Posts: 2,537
    Nice Tempo Bern... I am very tempted... Can/could we get them in black stealth colours, same as the current Agio for example? This could be a work bike.

Une id‚e. fixe: 42x14
    Une idee. fixe: 42x14
  • Frenchie behave yourself!
    (I've just ordered the catalogue)
    Bern when will website be updated, I like the Pista but it doesn't tell you much.
    Cheers

My Bikes
    http://groups.msn.com/ROADCYCLINGUK/juliansbikes.msnw
  • Frenchie.
    Frenchie. Posts: 2,537
    I'll borrow the catalogue of you Julian then. [;)]

And may wait for you to get one to try it too!

Une id‚e. fixe: 42x14
    Une idee. fixe: 42x14
  • JWSurrey
    JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    Hi Bern,
    What's the track bike that was being wrapped for a magazine shoot on Friday afternoon?
    Where's it headed?
    Looks really slick. [:)]
  • Hi Bern,

Do condor sell the spacers that are used to push the rear mudguard closer to the wheel on Fratellos. I can't seem to find them anywhere online.

Like in the photo here: http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/image ... BBarea.jpg

If so, is it possible get this sent in the post (if I ring up and pay by card), as Im really busy at the mo and cannot get to the shop before it closes.

Thanks
    Amit
  • Bern.
    We sometimes use v-brake spacers or cut-down brake incasso nuts to fill the gap. If you call the guys in the shop they may be able to find something in the workshop for you.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • I thought it looked familiar!

I'll try v-brake pad spacers.
  • Only just browsed in here: Bern, you are a chap of infinite patience!

First time for many years I shall have a few hours spare in London tomorrow: I may try and find The Shop (carefully leaving my CC with the daughter as I've about given up human powered two wheelers).

Frenchie and Julian: anything you want collecting?! You can pay me later...so no silly requests just because it's Xmas!

Anyone want a disinterested Review???

d.j.
    "...after all our work, the Demons are still with us. They are called Governments."
  • Bern.
    Dave, you will be welcome. Sorry, but I will not be there as I am running around the Italian foothills finding out how production is or is not going.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Bern good luck with the trip, mines a pint of creme de menthe ! Evans finally came up with the part for my Ridgeback momentum so I am back on something half decent until the Fratello is ready - quite a relief !

my route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=575330
  • "as I am running around the Italian foothills"

What, won't even allow you a BIKE? Shame, I call it...

d.j.
    "...after all our work, the Demons are still with us. They are called Governments."
  • "as I am running around the Italian foothills"

What, won't even allow you a BIKE? Shame, I call it...

d.j.
  • Dave, I'm not fussy, bring me me back a bog standard pista.
    That would make me a happy man!

My Bikes
    http://groups.msn.com/ROADCYCLINGUK/juliansbikes.msnw
  • For a moment I thought he meant pizza - I was thinking Sainsburys or at a push Tesco....

• [:)]Dave, I'm not fussy, bring me me back a bog standard pista.
    That would make me a happy man!
    [:D]

Now now JB, you've had happiness enough just a few days ago! OTOH, if when I have checked tonight's Lotto Ticket I have won big-time, then you never know...

d.j.
  • JWSurrey
    JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by richardbrown9709</i>

For a moment I thought he meant pizza - I was thinking Sainsburys or at a push Tesco....

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    The A1 and the Holloway Road? Strewth!
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JWSurrey</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by richardbrown9709</i>

For a moment I thought he meant pizza - I was thinking Sainsburys or at a push Tesco....

The A1 and the Holloway Road? Strewth!

I have a similar route! well kinda. Goes from edgware to kentish town.
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=540266

Our paths probably cross in the mornings, however I take a more quiet smaller road route. What time do go?
  • hi bern - give them a nudge about my potenza while you're there [:)]

cheers

bob

FGG#2484
    FGG#2484 & FGG#4529