ASK BERN

Comments

• indeed i agree!!
    tikka

http://tinyurl.com/lpzxx
    hi my name is adam... and i have a problem with posting on cycling forums.
  • Bern.
    Bern. Posts: 58
    Thanks Giantman. It is good to get feedback, etc.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Bern.
    Who was it that wanted Conti tubs with Magenta sidewalls?
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • how much have you got the hats and gloves for? just i might pop down a get em tomoz??
    tikka

http://tinyurl.com/lpzxx
    hi my name is adam... and i have a problem with posting on cycling forums.
  • JWSurrey
    JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    Bern,
    Many thanks, again. Super attention to detail.
    J.
  • richardbrown

I have a spreadsheet of the full 2007 specs. PM me if you want a copy.
  • bern,

since i got such a good response on here regarding the Rapha fixed shorts, i went to order a pair from Rapha, but my size is out of stock. you don't happen to have a medium (black or grey) pair in the shop, and can you do mail order.
    Thanks
  • JW

I will need your email address to respond to as the PM comes from Cyplus Admin. Can you PM me again including your email address.
  • Bern.
    currie - Assos Early winter are œ55.99 and the Full winter(3 glove system) are œ100(wow). Hats are œ24.99. We also have the Giordana version for œ11.99.

rendo - we have Fixed shorts in Black(1 pair) and charcoal. If you call 020 7269 6820 and ask for Karl in our clothing department. He has them aside for you till the end of play today. No problem to mail them to you.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Mark.Scp
    Mark.Scp Posts: 514
    just to make 100 posts :D

In sport, losing is the end of the world

In sport, losing is the end of the world .....
    la marmotte xD

• Bern, It was me who was after the Contis with magenta/pink sidewalls. Tubs and/or clinchers (must update that footer) Do you have any in stock? I really must stop buying from you guys. Went in today as I was a bit cold on my ride in and came out with an Assos Jacket. Wonderful service as usual :)

Wanted:
    Conti Comp tubs and Conti GP3000s with pink sidewalls
  • Bern.
    Hi ejls2 - There are a pair of tubs at the warehouse, but they are Podiums. Would they be any good to you? Got them for a customer ages ago, but ended up not being fitted. They are a little faded, but brand new. Normally they cost œ24.99 each, but you can have the pair for œ30.00. Let me know if you want to see them and I will get them brought over to the shop for you.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Cheers Bern, I'd be very interested. It would be great if I could have a look at them though.
    Many thanks,
    Ed

Wanted:
  • Bern.
    I will get them sent over to the shop this afternoon. will be behind the counter after 4.30 with your name on for viewing.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Cheers! If youever see any of those tubs or clinchers then I'm always interested :)

Wanted:
  • Bern.
    Will keep an eye out
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ejls2</i>

Bern, It was me who was after the Contis with magenta/pink sidewalls. Tubs and/or clinchers (must update that footer) Do you have any in stock? I really must stop buying from you guys. Went in today as I was a bit cold on my ride in and came out with an Assos Jacket. Wonderful service as usual :)

Wanted:
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you like things pink, you might check out this chap's items on ebay: [url][/url]http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZxrobertomedeirosxQQhtZ-1
  • RBSF
    RBSF Posts: 91
    Sorry, I love Condor's and have been using them long before they moved. Forgive me Bern, BUT, why can't you ladies and gentlemen just e-mail them directly, phone or pop into the shop to discuss your needs? This is a knowhow (technical) forum not a sales advice centre. A couple of questions were OK but now it's over fifty. I have opened the thread several times thinking that there might be some useful technical information there and all it is is people asking questions about what Condor has in stock. Let's start an Ask Ribble thread and find out what they have in the North of the country, or an Ask Halfords thread and find out what the rest of the country has to offer.
  • JWSurrey
    I agree - Perhaps the owners of Halfords and Ribble might also be enthusiastic enough about their product to regularly trawl the forums for customer feedback, provide useful advice, learn more about what their customers are seeking and how they find the brand (in addition to running the company), stock the products customers want rather than telling them that they only have what's out on the shelves etc.

This is what makes a good brand - Where the team believe 100% in the product.

Before I bought my latest bike, I did what I always do - Go to the shop, and get an idea of how customers are being treated, before making any noises about getting my wallet out.

There's a lot of useful technical information to be gleaned from this thread on componentry, frame design, what actually goes on before your bike's wheeled out of the showroom, trends in product design, clothes etc.
    The store clearly attracts an educated clientelle, and their feedback and requests is useful to read.

Bern: Perhaps a forum/message board on the new Condor website?
  • It's customer feedback, advice and information that's been asked for - and well done Condor/Bern for doing so. And I have to admit it's saved me asking same questions.

But soon it's going to get a bit tedious if we have Ask wiggle/bern/LBC etc.

I read that condor are changing their site and I agree that's where this Q&A should be.

What's good about a forum is that people can have a moan, should they choose to, and if the site is managed by a brand/shop they'll tale off all the complaints which help us get a balanced opinion of the shop.

I think this was an old moan about Omega - there was only good points on their forum.

P.S. give Greg a pay rise. Very helpful and patient and taken lots of money off me.

andyh
  • Bern.
    RBSF - It is meant to be for advice, tips and questions regarding the Condor brand. The shop is incredibly busy at present and not all emails get answered as quickly as we would like. I am just adding my services for some, hopefully, quick fire answers.

To be honest I would rather it was not a stock or price query thread, but If I can be of help to any customer I will do so.

It was a bit of an experiment as someone had suggested it in another thread. I was toying with having a forum on our own website as it is being re-done, but I have decided not to for now. It suprised me how much it is used. Anyone is free to start threads so if others wanted to do it then why not? maybe Cycling Plus could add another section where this could be done?

JW and Forest Hill. Thanks for the comments. Although we may not do it to start with on our website it is something we will consider, even if it is a questions email for technical/brand related queries. This has been a good way to see what you, the customers think of the idea and both the positive and negative feedback is good. If everyone hated the idea then I would stop.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I am just under88kgs and would like a good 'Factory Built' wheels to withstand my weight and events such as Brittish sportive and jaunts to the Alps etcs. I thought of Kyserium Sls or ES models or Fulcrum 1s and heard that Campag Euros would not be good enough for my weight. What do you think

Brian B.
    Brian B.
  • Bern.
    Hi Brian - Ksyrium SLs or ESs are both reliable wheelsets. We do not have many returned with problems. Fulcrum Racing 1 and Campag Eurus are again both very reliable. Campagnolo wheelsets have been the best factory built wheels for us for relability and the Fulcrum are made by Campagnolo. I can also recommend the Neutron which look a little more traditional and are the same weight as the Eurus, but offer better comfort. Some Tour de France riders use these in the mountains. I have used an older version of these for 5 years without a problem and I am 88kgs ish.

So, in answer Eurus should be fine as would any of the others mentioned.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • JWSurrey
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bern</i>

...We use 2 levels of Tektro....
    Hi Bern,
    You mention two levels - What are the differences, and what's fitted with the Veloce groupset?
  • Bern.
    JW,
    We use a model that is similar in quality to Veloce and on Chorus/Record models we use one called Quartz. The main differences are in materials and finish although the one we use on Veloce level bikes(I think it is the R536) is of a very high quality finish anyway. In use there is not a huge amout of difference either. You should be able to see both models on www.tektro.com
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RBSF</i>

Sorry, I love Condor's and have been using them long before they moved. Forgive me Bern, BUT, why can't you ladies and gentlemen just e-mail them directly, phone or pop into the shop to discuss your needs? This is a knowhow (technical) forum not a sales advice centre. A couple of questions were OK but now it's over fifty. I have opened the thread several times thinking that there might be some useful technical information there and all it is is people asking questions about what Condor has in stock. Let's start an Ask Ribble thread and find out what they have in the North of the country, or an Ask Halfords thread and find out what the rest of the country has to offer.

I couldn't agree more:
    http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/topi ... _ID=113680

Big H

3 Grand Bike, 30 bob legs!

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">not all emails get answered as quickly as we would like. I am just adding my services for some, hopefully, quick fire answers.

Could it be youre spending too long trawling through this forum[;)]

On a serious note I agree this is not the place for this thread, it's begining to become another "Thorn bikes", perhaps some happy Condor owners could post pictures of their Condors and we could get to critise their choices of colour components etc, maybe even the frames[}:)]
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Dear Bern,

Do you have any experience with DT swiss wheels and if so what is the difference between the 1850 and the 1450 apart from the weight. The 1850 is a semi-aero and what does this mean and what are they used for.

I am looking for a good sturdy wheel that wont let me down when I go abroad.

Thanks brian.
    Brian B.
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Keith Rapley</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">not all emails get answered as quickly as we would like. I am just adding my services for some, hopefully, quick fire answers.

Could it be youre spending too long trawling through this forum[;)]

On a serious note I agree this is not the place for this thread, it's begining to become another "Thorn bikes", perhaps some happy Condor owners could post pictures of their Condors and we could get to critise their choices of colour components etc, maybe even the frames[}:)]

If we're talking Thorn, it's got to be a spacer comparison [;)]
  • Personally I see a great deal in common with both brands. They are aimed at different markets, but are both quality brands. However IMHO they are both relatively expensive for what they are, and technical info like frame angles and weights seem conspicuous by their absence.

The point is they both have their fans, but I find this thread a little tedious. If you want to ask Bern ring or email the shop