ASK BERN

Comments

• Bern.
    Bern. Posts: 58
    Hi Gazs XC70,

Could you let me have your email address and I will forward a geometry chart for the Fratello.

I am not happy that emails are not getting responded to quickly enough. It may be that the shop is manic and no one can get to the p.c. to reply. I will find out.

Do you have a set-up or position that you currently use and are happy with? We can always work from those. Obvioulsy the best thing would be to pop by the shop to get fitted out, but I can understand the logistics are not so easy if you live a fair distance away.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Condor Fondo? Not a linguist, but this seems to translate as 'bottom'.

Likely to accurately describe my placing on a sportive. And it'll sure make my 6 year old boy giggle...[:I]
  • Bern.
    I know, this is the only one we failed to put through the translation machine.

We were going to call it Sportif as it is aimed at the long distance rider, but then we remembered that all of the other models are Italian names, not French so we went for Fondo as in Gran Fondo, the Italian version of Sportif events.

I suppose it could mean that everyone who rides one will spend a lot of time in the saddle on ones' bottom.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • guybat
    guybat Posts: 212
    If you're riding a 'Roberts' bike in France, you get similar schoolboy giggles...
  • Bern.
    What does it mean in French?
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • (.) (.)

Sorry, being a little silly here. (and no, these are not supposed to be eyes)

=====================
    Pas de progrŠs sans peigne.
    =====================
  • Which, by the way, makes you wonder what 'Gran Fondo' stands for. Does anyone know?

=====================
    =====================
  • guybat
    guybat Posts: 212
    "Gran Fondo?" is "Does my bum look big on this?" in Italian.
  • dave5ncp
    dave5ncp Posts: 3,198
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bern</i>
    Dave5n - The Italia Cross comes with fittings for rack and guards. I can't understand why you have not had a reply to your email - remind me which address you sent it to and I will find out what has happened.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks - your time and patience in answering all these questions here is truly commendable.

I'll have another look at that Italia Cross - might be just what we need.

As for the e-mail, I sent one in early May and then a while ago - September? - both to grant@

<font color="purple"> <font size="1"><i>please pretend there's a horizontal line here. I couldnt work out how to put one in.</i></font id="size1"></font id="purple">
    <font color="red"> <font size="4">What's the worst step you ever took?</font id="size4"></font id="red">
    <font color="green"><font size="3">Bet it wasn't a step onto high explosives loaded with shrapnel</font id="size3"></font id="green">
    <font size="2">I'm doing L2P to raise money for the Mines Advisory Group. They restore communities and save lives. Please e-mail me - e-mail@dave5n.net - to donate whatever you can afford. Or visit http://www.mag.org.uk - put Dave5n on the donor form or I can't say thanks. If you can't afford to donate anything at all, I understand. Wish me luck, though.</font id="size2">
    <font color="purple"> <font size="1"><i>please pretend there\'s a horizontal line here. I couldnt work out how to put one in.</i></font id="size1"></font id="purple">
    You stir my natural emotions
  • Bern.
    No problem.

Grant is scared of computers. I will give him a call.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Thanks Bern

You should have an email from me in your info@condorcycles mailbox from 30th Oct. It will have come through as either gdickin2@xxx.xxx or Gary Dickinson. I would appreciate it if you could respond to that. Current spec of components other than groupset would also be helpful if you have them.

Cheers
    Gary
  • Bern.
    Dave, hopefully your email should be responded to today.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bern</i>

Greenbank/Giant man - The Auxax version of the Moda is now called 'Fondo', it will take rack, guards and 28mm tyres. I have just approved the drawing for the forks which are in production now and should arrive with us at the same time as the Fratello frames as they will use them also.

Should it be called 'Frodo'(Lord of the Chainrings)?

RichardBrown - Thanks - all amended. I am chasing all the time for them as we now have loads of pre-orders.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><i></i><center></center>
    Sorry bern i guess i watch far too many movies! lol can't wait to order mine! cheers

Argon 18 Platinum - Campagnolo Record - Mavic Ksyrium SSC SLs
  • Hi Bern,

Have you guys taken delivery of some more Gore Windstopper gloves this week? I was in on Saturday but you were out of Medium's. Karl said they'd be some in this week. I'm hoping I can pick some up today if they're in. My hands FROZE this morning with my weey little Specialized's on![V]

The only place success comes before work, is in the dictionary

Vive les All Blacks!!! [:D]
  • my missus tells me gran fondo is the cycling equivalent of marathon. it just means long distance cycling.

she also translated "il pompino" for me [:0]
  • Bern.
    Talking TT - No Gore Windstoppers in this week so far I am afraid. Karl says he has got some new Exte Ondo Windstopper that are lovely and toasty.

There are also loads of other winter gloves from loads of brands at differing warmth depending on what your pinkies are like in this weather

tomson - so does that mean we could have called it Snickers?
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Gran fondo (according to Google's translation tool) =

"Great bottom"

Hmmm...

If you then re-enter that into the translator, it comes out as "parte inferiore grande" - "large lower part". Make of that what you will...[:)]

Green light - clip in - big ring - GO!
  • heheh, would seem ideal!

unfortunately snickers in italian means "brown and nutty", not sure if thats the desired image
  • Bern.
    ok, ok, we are stuck with it now. Will put Italian-English dictionery down on my Christmas list as I obviously need an up-to-date one.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • TRcp
    TRcp Posts: 418
    Bern,
    Perhaps you could drop the 'Fondo' and just call it 'Gran' ?
    Attach a shopping basket and it might appeal to half of the Baby Boomer generation with their greater disposable income.
  • hehe, joking aside i think the name is fine
  • Bern.
    Mmmmm, we could make the basket out of Titanium and make it quick release
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • Bern -

I suggested this on a different thread, and was referred here -

Would Condor ever think of doing some kind of loyalty card? I'm just reflecting on how much I (and I'm sure pretty much everyone in London) must spend with you come payday... Not sure how it would work, perhaps stamps for every œ10 spent with free tyre lever or something at 5 stamps, a tyre at 20 stamps or a set of wheels at 1000 stamps? It would give us something to aim for...[:D]

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bern</i>

Hi Gazs XC70,

Could you let me have your email address and I will forward a geometry chart for the Fratello.

I am not happy that emails are not getting responded to quickly enough. It may be that the shop is manic and no one can get to the p.c. to reply. I will find out.

Do you have a set-up or position that you currently use and are happy with? We can always work from those. Obvioulsy the best thing would be to pop by the shop to get fitted out, but I can understand the logistics are not so easy if you live a fair distance away.

Bern
    My email address is gary.dickinson@talktalk.net , I would appreciate if you could send me the geometry along with current component spec as soon as you can please.

cheers
    Gary
  • Like the idea of a loyalty card, Id be a shareholder by now! [8D]

not like you and proud of it
  • graham_g
    graham_g Posts: 652
    TO make it a true gold standard loyalty card scheme, you need to make it as crap as all the supermarkets - i.e. Spend œ100, get œ1 on the card [:D]
  • If you join something like the London Cycling Campaign you effectively have a loyalty card with 10% off in all bikes stores. Of course that's not actually being 'loyal' to Condor as you can use it anywhere.

At a guess I'd say Condor get plenty of loyalty just by having a great selection and excellent staff ... but if loyalty cards are going to be dished out Bern, chuck one my way too! [;)] [:D]

• Bern.
    Gazs, There should be some details coming to you via hyperspace.

For the Loyalty card, it is certainly something we have been talking about for ages as we give so many different discounts to so many different groups, lcc, clubs, Companies, etc it would be good to formalise it.

There are unfortunately some products that we cannot offer a discount on or maybe only 5% as we know that those who offer a 10% discount accross the board tend to put a falsly high price on some items. For Example we charge œ3.99 for a tube, but will not discount it while some shops charge œ4.99 and will give a 10% discount. For items like this we prefer to offer a better price for all.

How about a silver card that offers a certain discount level and a gold card once you have spent over a certain amount or something along those lines?

As most of you may know we are still running on an old fashioned cash till and have no type of epos system which would make it difficult to administer any kind of card points system or tracking what each customer has spent.

This will be addressed soon I hope. We have been so busy since the show that we have not had time to breath. We are also in the process of looking for a new warehouse which we must be in by the New Year. If anyone knows of 5-10,000 sq ft going cheap in central London please let me know.

We certainly do have lots of loyal customers and we do try to offer those regulars a generous discount where we can. After all, it is you guys who keep us going.
    BERNIN RUBBER
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bern</i>

How about a silver card that offers a certain discount level and a <b>gold card once you have spent over a certain amount </b>or something along those lines?

Any chance that would be applied retrospectively? I'll be on to a platinum I think [:D]

Seriously though, I'd back the idea and sign up. Why not a small charge - say œ5 to join up? That would help pay for the system needed to run the loyalty programme. I'd pay it - even if it was an annual charge. The nutrition store GNC do something very similar.

• Hello Bern ,
    I'm currently running a 26 sprocket on my 9 speed shimano cassette. I'm looking for a 28 sprocket to replace it ,can you help?
    Cheers mate.
    Butcher.

He's not the Messiah, He's a very naughty boy!
    He\'s not the Messiah, He\'s a very naughty boy!