The Rugby Thread

1737475767779»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392

So the law is that if you lose a player to a yellow, then need uncontested scrums that you lose a second player too? I never knew...

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,946

Correct. Been that way for a few years now. Helpful to have a couple of players who can play across the front row.

• Dorset_Boy

Sarries getting a second humping in Bordeaux.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,645

I thought it was any team that needs to go uncontested for any reason not just a sin bin. They were getting smashed in the scrum so I suspect the player they’d already replaced was miraculously ‘injured’ too.

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,828

Could have been even worse if any of those first half reviews had gone against them. I thought the one with the forward pass was extremely marginal, especially as Sarries had one far more obvious, yet it was play on.

I thought your boys had it in the bag after leading at HT after playing into the gale.

Seemed that the wind eased slightly after the break, but Bath also became more passive, I thought.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Dorset_Boy

Excellent first half defensive effort, but the wind eased in the second half, Exeter player smart rugby, ref allowed them to do what Exeter do at the breakdown (off feet, in at side, sealing off), and the key injuries and massive tackle count had an impact. Added to that how poorly Bath kicked with the wind and how poor the lineout was, it was a game Bath threw away. They played no rugby at all in the second half. Feyi-Waboso was excellent too, and Bath struggled to put him on the floor early.

Overall Exeter deserved to win, but Bath definitely blew it.

Hopefully they can reverse the result in 2 weeks time, and Finn and Cam R's injuries aren't bad.

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,393

I don't watch an awful lot of Premiership or Champions Cup Rugby but bloody hell, my local side Saints are impressive!

Wilier Izoard XP
  • blazing_saddles

Managed to catch the last 20 minutes of the Quins vs Bordeaux match. Quite the epic but the French side were almost exclusively playing catch up rugby.

Meanwhile, in the woman’s 6 nations, it looks as if 2 of the 4 sides will fail to score a single point, while the other 2 chalk up a collective cricket score.

Still gets top billing and blanket coverage from the BBC. No idea why.

• blazing_saddles
    edited April 13

Of course, Wales then go and score.

82-5 it is.

• Dorset_Boy

Ireland, sorry Leinster thumping La Rochelle. As ever the ball bounces perfectly for them, not so for LaR!

Irish commentary team are awful though.