The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• I know everyone needs to work harder to keep their respective houses in order but referring to the Freeman case as 'one of the most significant cheating scandals in British sporting history.' reads like Roan not being able to help himself.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,463

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Why are Chelsea so shyte?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,902
    edited November 2023
    pinno said:

Why are Chelsea so shyte?

As long as they beat Spurs, that is all that matters.
    But they are 6 places behind the league? Shhhhhh.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,741

😀

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,485

seems chel$ea have 3 points less than this time last season.

still chel$ea’s owners keep on giving that gift that makes all football supporters smile. Shoot your load in a near billion pounds sterling of outlay for players and managers……

financial fair play starts to crystallise as chel$ea’s 8 year deals are now banned and those players won’t command anywhere near the value paid out.

it seemed the old Putin fluffer bought in some highly capable people around player acquisition and disposal, none of which made the ownership transition.

still we have manure to watch and their new minority owner in charge of football operations who has already stated he’s putting the business under review with a 25-30% headcount reduction and the due diligence isn’t complete…….

maybe the American owners are wanting to start a new super league where spending and mediocre results are the currency of points?

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666

Good to see you haven't lost that chip on your shoulder 😉

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    edited December 2023

Take solace my tax optimising fellow formurite. Whatever trials and tribulations are going on at Chel$sea will be dwarfed into a sideshow that will be occurring at manure.

without the due diligence on the acquisition complete Ratcliffe has announced a significant reduction in head count. Interesting to understand if the majority shareholders agreed to that particular news being leaked but usually the top talent won’t wait around to see if they make the cut, they”ll be off which leaves to less talented and long service employees to displace. It also shines a light on Radcliffe’s people skills and could be a precursor of how staff will be treated if he gets his feet under the table.

interesting the Man U manager hasn’t made time to see any senior Ineos execs …..and manure fans thought the glaziers were bad. Careful what you wish for eh!

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pblakeney

I find it funny that some think Ratcliffe will be the saviour.

He is a highly successful businessman who does not have a reputation for sympathy. Some might label him ruthless.

Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
  • Stevo_666
  • slowmart

I doubted the Premiership would sanction chel$ea after the club paid a £8.6 million fine to UEFA for submitting incomplete accounts.

However with a statutory body for football governance being muted by HMG there is a real pressure on the Premiership to be seen to be enforcing their current regulations.

If Everton were docked 10 points I wonder what chel$eas are looking at……and then there’s schittty.

Desmond Tutu
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,739

'Muted' is probably an accurate description of how the GINO's proposed moneyball governance will proceed.

• Stevo_666

True, the upcoming Manure show will be quite interesting. Ratcliffe looks like he has his work cut out...

• slowmart

Remember Gillette and Hicks who nearly bankrupted the scousers?

interesting how the current owner have sold sold the operational side, arguably success on the field isn’t as vital to revenue/ profit growth as it might first appear. On the counter argument is how much more revenue/ profit growth has been missed due to manures on field woes.

apart from global sized ego’s the overarching trigger I see for boardroom discourse is failure to produce on the field.

It will be interesting to see what changes the business review brings forth and the mis steps at chel$ea will no doubt add food for thought concerning next steps.

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666

Will watch with interest...Manure seem to have done OK financially despite the problems but fair to say they could have done better.

• Stevo_666
    edited December 2023
  • pinno

Yes but Chelsea are still shyte. Really really poor value for money. Lots of buck but very little bang.

• Rooney sacked by Birmingham City after 15 games! Said it previously on this thread, top ex players largely make terrible Manager's. I know they have built up a tremendous level of self belief from their playing career, but a bit more self awareness in relation to their Management capabilities would not go amiss.

The Chief Exec who sacked the previous Manager when they were in 6th and appointed Rooney should also be sacked but no doubt he will carry on as normal.

Glad I am not a Blues fan 😂

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,448

possibly, certainly any club employing Rooney or Lampard need their heads examined.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Add Gerrard to that list!

• pblakeney

The entire "Golden Generation"?

Veronese68 wrote:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,739

Phil 'Fizzer' Neville?

• Yeah, stick them all on the list. Basically, anyone connected with United, Chelsea and Liverpool in the 2000's should be kept well away from managing any club!

• pinno
  • Stevo_666

Klopp is off at the end of the season - didn't see that one coming.

Big Sam is waiting in the wings.

• seanoconn

Seems strange. Maybe something going on behind the scenes last season Klopp didn’t like. Gets them back on top before an up yours 🤷‍♂️

• seanoconn

In other football news. Eric Dier doing a Joey Barton with his fluent German accent during welcome interview at Bayern.

• Stevo_666

I see it as good news. Hopefully Guardiola will bail out of City soon as well 😇

• slowmart

And while that will happen chel$ea will still be shite……

Desmond Tutu