2019 Pro Race Gear

Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Stunning. Want.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,246
    Stunning. Want.
    Only cos it's got your bloody name on it.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,568
    Stunning. Want.

The best looking bike of this lot. By a mile.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Thing is I don't know know how much lower than a 16mm HT I can run for longer rides. And the money.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    The Basso is nice but why have they routed rear brake on the right hand side?
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297

Euro style? isn't the right hand the rear?
  • joey54321
    eurobikemediadaysrondohvrt-1.jpg?itok=B-8wIRop

I LIKE this. Aero gravel bike designed to take both 650b and 700 tyres
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Which pros are going to be racing on that?

(I do like it as well...)
  • joey54321
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Which pros are going to be racing on that?

(I do like it as well...)

Sorry, I got carried away :-p
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786

Because nearly everybody does, just us Brits who don't (and I assume other RHD countries ?)
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    inseine wrote:

Because nearly everybody does, just us Brits who don't (and I assume other RHD countries ?)

The traditional Italian setup was right front brake / left rear brake. (Check some older Pantani photos) Don't know when they switched to right rear brake.
  • kleinstroker
    inseine wrote:

Euro routing is front brake left, rear brake right, so a better cable route would be to have the entrance to frame on left hand side of top tube. The Basso frame is set up for left brake lever as rear. Unless you think cables shouldn't cross over steerer tube for a better line?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    cq20 wrote:
    inseine wrote:

The traditional Italian setup was right front brake / left rear brake. (Check some older Pantani photos) Don't know when they switched to right rear brake.

You appear to be right. That surprises me and even more so if he switched at some point (as you seem to suggest). I don't know how you ever retrain your muscle memory, I certainly can't.
  • kleinstroker
    here's the answer
    In the U.S., the law requires that all bikes are sold with the left hand controlling the front brake, and the right hand the rear brake. It’s the same in France. In Italy and Great Britain, it’s the other way around.

Didn't realise we aligned with Italy on this, learn something new every day
  • kleinstroker
    Fizik Infinito R1 Knit

2018r1infin181060_side_test_2.png

Fizik Infinito R1 Movistar

infinito_r1_white_blue_side.png
  • kleinstroker
    Trek Madone SLR 2019

DhbnESfW4AIjM5D.jpg:large

Dhc86C5U8AAgJIe.jpg:large
  • kleinstroker
    Team Direct Energie Bikes. Nice

DhaBWxNX4AAjb5d.jpg

DhaBWx4WAAArHym.jpg
  • kleinstroker
    12 Speed Campagnolo

DhfAewEWkAA6f4e.jpg
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    inseine wrote:
    cq20 wrote:
    inseine wrote:

You appear to be right. That surprises me and even more so if he switched at some point (as you seem to suggest). I don't know how you ever retrain your muscle memory, I certainly can't.

I swapped for a while to get a better (eg eusable) cable run on a singlespeed with narrower bars, but left my road bike set up conventionally. Was surprisingly easy to swap between the two, although I preferred right-hand front as it gives me more control/strength on the front brake when it's loaded up.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,804
    inseine wrote:
    I don't know how you ever retrain your muscle memory, I certainly can't.

I had to hire a bike on the first day of my Alps trip this year after the one I took had a fit (fixed it later on that night thank feck). Came out the bike hire shop and went straight up the south side of the Colombier into a rain storm. Got to the top, turned round and started descending. Anyone that's been up the Colombier will know that the steepest part of the climb is the last bit up to the cafe. I started my descent down this on pretty much a river, touched what I thought was the front brake to scrub some speed and immediately went into a sliding speed wobble. Self preservation mode kicked in as well as a heap of panic because I had about 100m to the drop off the first hairpin so I tugged the brake and put the bike into an even bigger sliding fishtail. Miraculously I managed to stop without coming off the bike, just before the edge and promptly started retching.

F*ucking Euro brake set up.

When I rode the bike back to the hire shop on the last day, I had to stick a plaster on the right shiftier.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I didn't do anything that bad! But it does massively reduce my descending confidence. I tend to end up on hired bikes in Europe quite often cos I always end up tacking on cycling to family holidays etc.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Two different set-ups works if your UK/Italian set-up looks like this... :lol:

pashley_princess_sovereign_bells_bicycles_2_333x.jpg?v=1498997132
    Correlation is not causation.
  • kleinstroker
    Chava's bike for the tour

Dhky7mSXcAA7HJc.jpg:large
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Groenewegen's special Amsterdam (and Dutch lion) Bianchi :D

DYLAN_SOCIAL_FORMAT3-800x525.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    So what year will see only disc brakes?
  • gweeds
    How is anyone supposed to know? It’ll happen when it happens.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • kleinstroker
    This might appear in Tour de France 2038 but not anytime soon

Direct drive 13 speed

CeramicSpeed_Driven_01-800x533.jpg
  • gweeds
    That’ll be nice and affordable as well.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited July 2018
    dsc_0158-1530900246028-lcwxh2a3b2t3-630-80.jpg
    dsc_0149-1531072916783-14gj28rnufu1g-630-354.jpg
  • gweeds
    Sungod is in the details