2019 Pro Race Gear

Comments

• poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    Wout van Aert racing 1x on both road and CX next year, Willems being taken over by Aqua Blue by the look of things.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Poptart242 wrote:
    Wout van Aert racing 1x on both road and CX next year, Willems being taken over by Aqua Blue by the look of things.
    3T are going to be making a 2x version of that bike, I thought?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    It's not like the quality of Cervelo bikes has fallen off a cliff. The P5x is widely considered the best triathlon bike.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Poptart242 wrote:
    3T are going to be making a 2x version of that bike, I thought?

I was being tongue in cheek to be honest. No idea what they'll ride next season - so many compromises with 3T - no TT bike, no CX bike, no reliability...
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Cervelo.

Which Cav was complaining about.

I thought that was someone misinterpreting what he said about Cervelo ? Unless there's something else?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,230
    cougie wrote:
    Cervelo.

I thought that was someone misinterpreting what he said about Cervelo ? Unless there's something else?

Tour of Dubai, Cav says he should have enough watts to overcome the advantage Viviani has on the Spesh Venge.
    "We had a fair drag strip race, I jumped and that's it, I couldn't have gone harder. I thought he was going to die but he just accelerated," Cavendish said.

"I think we're always at a disadvantage with the aerodynamic differences between our bicycles. We've got a five-year old bike and I know how fast that Venge goes. But that's not what won it. I should always be able to make up that advantage because I've got more watts. But today I was just beaten. That's it."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mark-ca ... r-nothing/
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Oooft! I didn t see that. Wow!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    cougie wrote:
    Cervelo.

Tour of Dubai, Cav says he should have enough watts to overcome the advantage Viviani has on the Spesh Venge.
    "We had a fair drag strip race, I jumped and that's it, I couldn't have gone harder. I thought he was going to die but he just accelerated," Cavendish said.

"I think we're always at a disadvantage with the aerodynamic differences between our bicycles. We've got a five-year old bike and I know how fast that Venge goes. But that's not what won it. I should always be able to make up that advantage because I've got more watts. But today I was just beaten. That's it."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mark-ca ... r-nothing/

different types of sprinter, Cav, more than ever has to rely on his jump, Viviani is a dragstrip sprinter able to keep less watts going for longer. however the aero side of things in interesting as Cav was also one of the most aero sprinters around (as is Viviani). the S5 is hardly a barn door after all.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    tourtech2018markcavendishcervelos5-14_0.jpg
    Yeah it looks pretty aero. It might have just been a heat of the moment thing, has this been reported only once?

I would imagine when you are used to winning and confidence is everything it takes a bit to hold your hand up and say I'm not good enough at the moment, especially when a team is built around you. This Tour Cav was gracious in doing that and giving the media time.

I mean, my computer is sh*t!
  • bobmcstuff
    The poor workman always blames his tools.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Cycling weekly test for 2018

"The Cerveo S5, Canyon Aeroad and Bianchi Oltre XR4 returned similar results in testing – that’s 4-7 watts slower than bikes like the Specialized Venge Vias, Trek Madone and Scott Foil. '
  • bobmcstuff
    mamil314 wrote:
    Cycling weekly test for 2018

"The Cerveo S5, Canyon Aeroad and Bianchi Oltre XR4 returned similar results in testing – that’s 4-7 watts slower than bikes like the Specialized Venge Vias, Trek Madone and Scott Foil. '
    It's fuck all and that's only in controlled testing.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    At last! Chris King Dropset

chris-king-dropset-1.jpg
  • kleinstroker
    This is interesting from BikeRadar
    Who won, and with what?
    Here we list each stage winner, team, frameset, groupset and pair of wheels.

Stage 1: Fernando Gaviria, S-Works Venge/Shimano Dura-Ace R9170/Roval CLX
    Stage 2: Peter Sagan, S-Works Venge/Shimano Dura-Ace R9170/Roval CLX
    Stage 3: BMC Racing, BMC Timemachine/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/PRO
    Stage 4: Fernando Gaviria, S-Works Venge/Shimano Dura-Ace R9170/Roval CLX
    Stage 5: Peter Sagan, S-Works Venge/Shimano Dura-Ace R9170/Roval CLX
    Stage 6: Daniel Martin, Colnago V2-R/Campagnolo Super Record EPS/Campagnolo Bora Ultra
    Stage 7: Dylan Groenewegen, Bianchi Oltre XR4/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
    Stage 8: Dylan Groenewegen, Bianchi Oltre XR4/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
    Stage 9: John Degenkolb, Trek Domane/Shimano Dura-Ace R9170/Bontrager Aeolus XXX
    Stage 10: Julian Alaphilippe, S-Works Tarmac/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/Roval CLX
    Stage 11: Geraint Thomas, Pinarello Dogma F10 X-Light/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
    Stage 12: Geraint Thomas , Pinarello Dogma F10 X-Light/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
    Stage 13: Peter Sagan, S-Works Venge/Shimano Dura-Ace R9170/Roval CLX
    Stage 14: Omar Fraile, Argon 18 Gallium Pro/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 and FSA/Corima WS+
    Stage 15: Magnus Cort Nielsen, Argon 18 Gallium Pro/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150 and FSA/Corima WS+
    Stage 16: Julian Alaphilippe, S-Works Tarmac/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/Roval CLX
    Stage 17: Nairo Quintana, Canyon Ultimate/Campagnolo Super Record EPS/Campagnolo Bora Ultra
    Stage 18: Arnaud Demare, Lapierre Aircode/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
    Stage 19: Primož Roglic, Bianchi Oltre XR4/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/Shimano Dura-Ace R9100
    Stage 20: Tom Dumoulin, Giant Trinity/Shimano Dura-Ace R9150/PRO
    Stage 21: Alexander Kristoff, Colnago Concept/Campagnolo Super Record EPS/Campagnolo Bora Ultra
  • ddraver
    Hard reading for SRAM...
    - @ddraver
  • kleinstroker
    ddraver wrote:
    Hard reading for SRAM...

Very odd, maybe reliability issues, but can't say I've ever had a problem after many years on Sram Red
  • bobmcstuff
    ddraver wrote:
    Hard reading for SRAM...

Very odd, maybe reliability issues, but can't say I've ever had a problem after many years on Sram Red
    How many teams are on each brand?

I would have thought this is just a reflection of the fact most teams run Shimano...
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    its exactly that. SRAM's stuff isn't bad, its just not on many bikes.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,549
    Are there any WT teams actually running SRAM this year?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Gweeds wrote:

Just Katusha
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    FocusZing wrote:
    Yeah it looks pretty aero. It might have just been a heat of the moment thing, has this been reported only once?

I would imagine when you are used to winning and confidence is everything it takes a bit to hold your hand up and say I'm not good enough at the moment, especially when a team is built around you. This Tour Cav was gracious in doing that and giving the media time.

Is that seatpost standard on an S5 ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • gweeds
    Gweeds wrote:

Just Katusha

Ta
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    FocusZing wrote:

Is that seatpost standard on an S5 ?
    Yes, The narrowing at the top is supposed to make it flex more for comfort.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Argon 18 Nitrogen disc. I like the simple silver paintwork

2019-Argon-18-Nitrogen-Disc_carbon-aero-disc-brake-road-bike_road-race-bike_photo-by-Pete-Photographie_race-non-driveside-1068x641.jpg
  • bobmcstuff
    I don't - looks like an old cervelo :)
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    I don't - looks like an old cervelo :)

the old ones were the best :wink:
  • gweeds
    I like that
  • Stolen from WW: new cervelo s5

44633131571_e789721808_b.jpg

42822912600_b2d738df26_b.jpg

42822912500_ea2575da39_b.jpg
  • Stolen from WW: new cervelo s5

44633131571_e789721808_b.jpg

:shock: that stem...
  • ddraver
    ...and from the front! :shock: :shock:
    - @ddraver