The Hub Photo Club

12345679»

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    My parents have been pondering over getting my sister a Canon 600D as a surprise. What does it have that the 550 didn't?

The 600D basically has more movie functions, 5 live effects, 10x digital zoom (saw a vid of someone recording the moon its pretty impressive) as well as some other features like enhanced auto scene selection and so on.

For stills its virtually the same.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Auto scene selection? Surely if you're using an SLR then that stuff is uneccesary?
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Oh, got these fun shots today in Bangor. Really REALLY tricky shooting conditions, but I think they captured the atmosphere quite well...

_DSC1740.JPG

Really like this one. That pattern on the ceiling is quality! Where is this? :o
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Anonymous
    It's not really a pattern, it's the actual shape of it!
    It was a luminarium that had been set up in Bangor for 4 days, it was the last stop this year of a world tour. It's kind of a walk-in sensory art "thing", which was very cool.
    It had an amazingly calming effect, and stepping back into the real world felt very strange!
  • Abra
    Just has a look on the website for them... there absolutely amazing! Wish I had known about them sooner! :(

I remember when I was a kid and went to the "rest zone" in millennium dome. They had something similar there but it was a solid object so you could run all over it. Is this made from tarpaulin?
  • Anonymous
    It's like a very thin tarpaulin, all held up by air. You can't run on top of it, but you can lean against the walls to chill out.
    The material is very thin, all that illumination is daylight coming through the plastic.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning snappers and papperazzi

i'm having a frustrating time at work at the minute and need to pick back up on my photograhpy and was thinking of taking a couse to help me improve my shots; what are peoples thoughts on photo courses and has anyone had any great experiences with them.

I think what i want is an evening/weekend thing that basically gives my a breif to work to, the results of which are then shown the following week and guidance is supplied by a tutor.........

anyway here are some of my more recent pictures;

6160657658_80d6b48c1a.jpg
    The Christmas Steps - Bristol

6160109093_15c89a16e8.jpg
    Not sure why i like this, but the shape of the building i draws me into the picture, especially with the sunlight reflecting from the windows

6160623610_3b5037e08d.jpg
    my mates girlfirend lorna, she has a thing for moustaches and the contrasting mexican man just happened to be there on a wander round bristol!

6138325128_d4d9a4fa15.jpg
    a very wise and loyal friend
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Oh, got these fun shots today in Bangor. Really REALLY tricky shooting conditions, but I think they captured the atmosphere quite well...
    _DSC1730.JPG
    _DSC1740.JPG

Yeah this was in Newark a few months back. I was really impressed by it and got thoroughly lost! I did feel kinda mongged out in there. The event also had some performance art inside; girls dressed as angles doing some strange dance and a chior. Fantastic.
  • Abra
    kaiser83 wrote:

Like this one, nice simple shot, makes you wonder what the dogs thinking....Probably "what the fark is this thing that hes pointing at me." :wink:
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Abra wrote:
    kaiser83 wrote:

Like this one, nice simple shot, makes you wonder what the dogs thinking....Probably "what the fark is this thing that hes pointing at me." :wink:

Nah, he knows its a camera, i've never known an animal that loves cameras so much, but now he is old he seems to convey the attitude of "get that out of my face"

going to go through my flickr account and delete some dross over the coming weeks and then there should be some more pictures in here as well.