Hey Lost_in_thought

Comments

• don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    biondino wrote:
    Sorry linsen, I don't deal with actors - very erratic, difficult types, I steer clear :)

However, can I suggest Holly Willoughby for LiT and Ian Hislop for don_don?

Or perhaps Kate Beckinsale and Russell Crowe? I realise I'm aiming rather high here (at least on my part). No mere actress can light a candle to LiT (no pun intended) as far as I'm concerned. :D
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Something about this image suggests to me that the prose is not the claimed author's own work...

don_hislop.jpg
  • don_don
    ROFLMAO

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've got to keep a copy of this if you don't mind :D
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    Has Biondino ever met you? It really was an inspired suggestion
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Don't give up hope, Don Don, such unlikely romances are not without precedent ...

022ecclsstone_468x987.jpg

You are a billionaire, aren't you Don Don?
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • don_don
    linsen wrote:
    Has Biondino ever met you? It really was an inspired suggestion

Not as far as I know. I'm starting to wonder if we're all children of Greg T and there's some family telepathy going on :shock: :shock:
  • don_don
    Don't give up hope, Don Don, such unlikely romances are not without precedent...

I am rich in personality if not in money THI, and that's what really counts I hope :D

And, I think the compariosn to Bernie is just a tad unfair :lol:
  • don_don wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    Sorry linsen, I don't deal with actors - very erratic, difficult types, I steer clear :)

However, can I suggest Holly Willoughby for LiT and Ian Hislop for don_don?

Or perhaps Kate Beckinsale and Russell Crowe? I realise I'm aiming rather high here (at least on my part). No mere actress can light a candle to LiT (no pun intended) as far as I'm concerned. :D

Biondino, I'm very flattered that you suggest Holly Willoughby for me, I don't look a thing like her! And you're well aware of that, so you're just being nice... thanks! :)

And I also think the bernie comaprison is a tad unfair. Amusing, but unfair!
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    don_don wrote:
    Don't give up hope, Don Don, such unlikely romances are not without precedent...

I am rich in personality if not in money THI, and that's what really counts I hope :D

LiT has a nice profile on Antipodate

Good luck with the speed dating (fixed? single?)
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • don_don
    And I also think the bernie comaprison is a tad unfair. Amusing, but unfair!

Cutting, but thanks anyway :lol:
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    chuckcork wrote:
    don_don wrote:

OMG. Stalker alert!
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • Bernie is 78! I don't think he's in bad shape for 78. Short, maybe, but still breathing which has got to be something of a result at that age. And his wife, Slavica, is 50.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind being compared to a successful billionaire married to an ex-model 28 years his junior. I think you misunderstood the tone of my compliment! :D
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Something about this image suggests to me that the prose is not the claimed author's own work...

don_hislop.jpg

As their programme itself would put it, "before we go, there's just the small matter of our caption competition". Any takers [1]?

David

[1] Or, more likely, p***-takers. :wink:
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Oh dear.

redcard.jpg
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Greg T wrote:
    Oh dear.

redcard.jpg

Hey, Collina is a God.
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • don_don
    chuckcork wrote:
    don_don wrote:

LiT - I have to say, your profile is more than nice, it is LOVELY

I'm particularly taken with the caption on your home-page photo :D

However, please rest assured I will not be following you around on antipodate coz that would be just creeepy... :oops:

I hope Chuck knows what he's doing, because you are now going to get an avalanche of suitors from this lot :roll: :D :roll: :D
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Jen J wrote:
    Hey, Collina is a God.

I don't disagree - he's also the ultimate arbiter of "ooohness" I consider outing LiT as over the "oooh" edge.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,105
    chuckcork wrote:
    don_don wrote:

Don-Don - give up, mate, she's not only out of your league, she's not even playing the same sport...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    ... Frankly, I wouldn't mind being compared to a successful billionaire married to an ex-model 28 years his junior. ...
    You are...

F811CA66AA66CDEAC424F1A62277F.jpg

J Howard Marshall and ICM £5.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I dunno, I have a suspicion don is playing a clever game here. He's being a bit buffoon-like but also slipping in the occasional impressive post. He's not bad looking for a Hislop impersonator; LiT hasn't run away yet; so we're basically building a picture of a happy, funny, un-self-conscious bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously but has hidden depths.
  • chuckcork
    Jen J wrote:
    chuckcork wrote:
    don_don wrote:

OMG. Stalker alert!

No, just we can all appreciate LiT's loveliness now.

I tried to find an equivalent page for Don_Don (alter ego: Don Juan?) but the pages Google came up with were just too weird, unless of course he is actually that strapping lad from Suriname?

(My Brother in Law met his missus not actually at a speed dating event but outside?)
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Something tells me SCR beer nights could become even more fun.....
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Crapaud wrote:
    ... Frankly, I wouldn't mind being compared to a successful billionaire married to an ex-model 28 years his junior. ...
    You are...

That's a 62 year age difference - that's just plain weird! :P
  • chuckcork
    Crapaud wrote:
    You are...

That's a 62 year age difference - that's just plain weird! :P

Well, she did sue for half of his estate after he died, which presuambly was the intention all along. Nothing weird about that, they were both adults after all, she knew what she was getting out of it, no doubt he did too, assuming he was of enough mental capacity to get legally married in the first place.

Now weird, sorry, I meant sick, is a member of a rock band 'dating' a 14 year old...
  • biondino wrote:
    I dunno, I have a suspicion don is playing a clever game here. He's being a bit buffoon-like but also slipping in the occasional impressive post. He's not bad looking for a Hislop impersonator; LiT hasn't run away yet; so we're basically building a picture of a happy, funny, un-self-conscious bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously but has hidden depths.

Good analysis. This is the picture he is painting.

And the post a few down from yours mentioning the SCR beers, I can see this happening too. Poor LiT, Im sure she could do without all the internet attention and posting of profiles.
    Cannondale F500
    Peugeot Fixed Gear
    Specialized Hardrock
    Baordman Team Carbon
    Haro Freestyler Sport 1984
    Coming Soon...Canyon Nerve AM 7.0
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    biondino wrote:

Good analysis. This is the picture he is painting.

Well Don, I think you've successfully wooed biondino... hang on that wasn't your attention was it?
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    There was a free spirit called Olivia
    Whose suitors were getting much divvy-er
    As her hopes started stuttering
    Don_don appeared, muttering
    "There's something I'm aching to give yer"
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,627
    This just goes on and on :lol:

Dondon - from the link on the previous page, assuming your not happy with just biondino, you might be needing one of these
    cork_hat_250px_250_250.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,627
    edited October 2008
    Castlemaine-XXXX-bottle-and-glass.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06