fosters.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • dafruk
    dafruk Posts: 125
    If a gag is not good enough to tell once, it's certainly improved by being repeated 4 times...
    FCN 7- Tourer, panniers, Lycra and clipless

What is this game you speak of? Of course I'm not playing...
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    biondino wrote:
    I dunno, I have a suspicion don is playing a clever game here. He's being a bit buffoon-like but also slipping in the occasional impressive post. He's not bad looking for a Hislop impersonator; LiT hasn't run away yet; so we're basically building a picture of a happy, funny, un-self-conscious bloke who doesn't take himself too seriously but has hidden depths.

Thanks biondino!

You may be ascribing me too much intellectual weight I fear, though I'll go along with the 'buffon-like' bit :)

You're not too shabby looking yourself mister :wink: , though LiT is generally more my type. I'd like to think you can add open-minded to the list above too 8)
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    To be fair the forums seem to have been struggling a bit this lunchtime. I blame this thread, it's probably causing the servers to run a bit hot.
  • don_don
    I tried to find an equivalent page for Don_Don (alter ego: Don Juan?) but the pages Google came up with were just too weird, unless of course he is actually that strapping lad from Suriname?

We'll have to see what we can do about that then :lol:
  • dafruk
    dafruk Posts: 125
    don_don wrote:
    You're not too shabby looking yourself mister :wink: , though LiT is generally more my type. I'd like to think you can add open-minded to the list above too 8)
    So a moby fan to boot.
    FCN 7- Tourer, panniers, Lycra and clipless

What is this game you speak of? Of course I'm not playing...
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Well if you can't beat em......

At the weekends her ride is blue
    on weekdays she's faster than you
    Her nipples she tweaks
    to stop all the squeeks
    and makes sure her wheels run true

what? :D
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    She's Australian eeeeewwwwww. Does she have trouble riding her bike on the ground instead of upside down?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • snooks
    symo wrote:
    She's Australian eeeeewwwwww. Does she have trouble riding her bike on the ground instead of upside down?

Half Aus...it doesn't show....well not too much anyway :D ....and don't hold the fact she was born in Cornwall against her either...it wasn't her fault :wink:
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    symo wrote:
    Would she go round Richmond Park in the opposite direction to everyone else?

(yes, I know it's a myth)
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    symo wrote:
    She's Australian eeeeewwwwww.

Mate, some of the best things have come out of Australia, like Vegemite and Boags beer, and if you believe my missus me as well.

Now we can add LiT to the list. :yay

BTW Australians don't drink Fosters, its actually our joke on you.
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,608
    dafruk wrote:
    If a gag is not good enough to tell once, it's certainly improved by being repeated 4 times...

Abject apologies, the server kept timing out again and again, and I didn't know if it had posted.

Anyway, I have updated the three posts (As I can't delete them once they have been replied too) with some relevant pics that are more pertinent to this thread, and very on topic me thinks :D

I thankyou.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    chuckcork wrote:
    Mate, some of the best things have come out of Australia, like Vegemite

Vegemite is bastardised Marmite, but disgusting instead of lovely. As for Fosters, I'd rather have a VB.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,608
    I just found this one that made me chuckle a way back :lol:

sophisticated+australian.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • chuckcork
    SecretSam wrote:
    chuckcork wrote:
    Mate, some of the best things have come out of Australia, like Vegemite

Vegemite is bastardised Marmite, but disgusting instead of lovely. As for Fosters, I'd rather have a VB.

I first tried marmite when I was in England at the age of 11. Tried it. Once. Never again. I wouldn't call it bastardised Marmite, I'd call it an Improvement.

I'd rather have a VB too. Or a Boags. Or a Coopers. Or a Crown.

Moving back to England in a bit over a month I'll once again be able to enjoy a Badger so being back in London again has its compensations.

I might even get to be a silly commuter racer again (not enough commuters around Cork to be any point). And this time I'll be on a proper road bike and won't have the panniers to slow me down, though come to think of it I did pass rather a lot of higher FCN riders on my Sirrus with mudguards and panniers in any case?
  • chuckcork
    Daniel B wrote:
    I just found this one that made me chuckle a way back :lol:

sophisticated+australian.jpg

I think the average Australian male would answer with "A Poof"
  • snooks
    chuckcork wrote:

I rather liked Little Creatures

If for no other reason than my experience looking for then in a bottle shop...

"Can you find what you're looking for?" said the pretty girl with a tight top in the chilly room in the back of the bottle shop
    "I'm just looking for little creatures"

Oh and Vegimite is vegetable extract...Marmite is yeast extract (from Fullers Brewery in case you were wondering)
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I thought VB was Bitter for Fosters drinkers?

Anyway, my gf is Australian so I'm getting an introduction to the ways of the upside down. Vegemite, not fussed, though Promite is pretty good, heading towards Bovril territory. Bovril - now THAT's the king of spreads.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Back on topic, I think that it's only fair that as Don_don has been brave/daft enough to show himself properly (ew!), then LiT should also post a proper photo.

Then we can make an informed comparison of their relative compatability, and everyone can move on.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Good god...

Have you people nothing better to do? :D

Oohhhhhh stalky stalky stalky....

I'm also on facebook, if you're bored. Oh and Myspace, but rather like antipodate, I haven't touched that for a while. Oh and thanks, the speed dating was hilarious, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to meet 18 weirdos in one evening.

And I am half aussie, yes. And I was born in Cornwall. It's OK though, I had elocution lessons at school.
  • chuckcork
    snooks wrote:
    chuckcork wrote:

Oh and Vegimite is vegetable extract...Marmite is yeast extract (from Fullers Brewery in case you were wondering)

Just checked the label on the bottle in my fridge, it is yeast extract courtesy of breweries as well.

Have to pop back to the Eel Pie when I'm back over mate and have a pint of Badger Best, or one of their seasonal beers (Fursty ferret, pheasant etc), who knows if that is your pub I might see you in there?
  • don_don
    snooks wrote:
    symo wrote:

Half Aus...it doesn't show....well not too much anyway :D ....and don't hold the fact she was born in Cornwall against her either...it wasn't her fault :wink:

If any more of you Aussie-haters are mean to our dear LiT I'm going to come round there and beat you up :shock:

See, I have animal passion as well as sensitivity (biondino, write this down will you) :evil:

In the words of Stuart O'Grady - "Shut up about the bloody vegemite and get on with the poetry" :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • chuckcork
    Good god...
    And I am half aussie, yes. And I was born in Cornwall. It's OK though, I had elocution lessons at school.

Just wondering which accent were they trying to remove?
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    snooks wrote:
    chuckcork wrote:

I rather liked Little Creatures

Little Creatures and the Coopers pale ales (Sparkling Ale with the red label, I forget what the green label one is called) are all excellent beers. I'd like to try a Coopers stout, but it seems to be hard to find in the UK.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Oh and thanks, the speed dating was hilarious, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to meet 18 weirdos in one evening.

Or Bikeradar, where you can meet hundreds of weirdos with one click of the mouse...
  • chuckcork wrote:
    Good god...

Just wondering which accent were they trying to remove?

The odd cornish/australian combo I'd developed....
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    biondino wrote:
    I thought VB was Bitter for Fosters drinkers?

Anyway, my gf is Australian so I'm getting an introduction to the ways of the upside down. Vegemite, not fussed, though Promite is pretty good, heading towards Bovril territory. Bovril - now THAT's the king of spreads.

Bovril??? Spreads??? [1] I thought it was strictly for hot drinks (and a very tasty one at that)?

David

[1] Apologies if I sound a bit like Peter Kay trying to fathom out garlic bread there...
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • don_don
    Anyway, my gf is Australian so I'm getting an introduction to the ways of the upside down.

:?: :shock: :shock:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    snooks wrote:

I beg to differ - living in Burton Trent for some 30+ years I can confirm that the home of Marmite is in fact Burton and not some Southern pretender :wink:

I dunno - some people trying to steal the glory :roll:

Incidentally - Branston Pickle, another truly fine spread ALSO has its origins in Burton - Branston being the suburb of Burton it was invented in.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter