Hey Lost_in_thought

Comments

• Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Hmmm. I think the marmite conversations were better...
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I would happily combine hott romance action and Bovril.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    This thread rocks :lol::lol:

Picked up on it again this morning in work on my mobile (they won't let us on the internet on works computers), then the battery died after 2 hours - only charged it last night!

I think there's an oscar in there somewhere for you Don (awaiting the comedy tho!)

And, nice profile, LiT 8)
  • Jen J
    biondino wrote:

Interesting....
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • don_don
    don_don Posts: 1,007
    Jen J wrote:
    Hmmm. I think the marmite conversations were better...

You have no taste Jen. Except, perhaps for yeast derivatives :wink:
  • don_don
    Jen J wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Interesting....

Hmmm, there might be some mileage in that. LiT likes Bovril doesn't she? :)
  • biondino
    I think it's just me and Jen who like Bovril, isn't it? Um, I don't mean in that sense, together like :oops:
  • don_don
    I prefer vegemite to marmite, I find it less salty.

Spot on biondino, its a positive on vegemite.

You, Jen and a jar of Bovril. That's got to go in the next chapter of the screenplay :lol:
  • Jen J
    don_don wrote:
    You, Jen and a jar of Bovril. That's got to go in the next chapter of the screenplay :lol:

Hmmm. I'm not sure I'm quite suited to your screenplay. It's a bit wordy for me.

I'm quite blunt and to the point.

Basically, it's crap :D
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    A suggestion for my fellow Aussie LiT. She can *ahem* hire her affections out to local London cycle clubs by becoming a guest member for a fixed fee (free club kit, cash vouchers to spend on makeup, hairdos etc), in which by return she promises to show up for club meets maybe once every six months.

Pro's:

Clubs get an amazing increase in membership;
    Members of clubs get the chance of meeting LiT, which is only guaranteed if they show up to every single club run, including the one in sleet at 2am Xmas morning (possibly guaranteed a smack from their wives but that is another story);
    Lit is substaintially richer and no longer has to worry about a new bike every so often (i.e. every 2 weeks) or helmet hair (not saying anything nasty at all, really, just know it is an issue with the ladies);
    LiT becomes a celebrity and launches her own TV show and proceeds to international fame and stardom.

Cons:

LiT gets to meet lots of creepy gents for whom the ladies in lycra thread is simply not enough though on the plus side they are more likely to be fitter than the speed dating crowd if more sweaty...
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    chuckcork wrote:
    A suggestion for my fellow Aussie LiT. She can *ahem* hire her affections out to local London cycle clubs by becoming a guest member for a fixed fee (free club kit, cash vouchers to spend on makeup, hairdos etc), in which by return she promises to show up for club meets maybe once every six months.

Pro's:

Clubs get an amazing increase in membership;
    Members of clubs get the chance of meeting LiT, which is only guaranteed if they show up to every single club run, including the one in sleet at 2am Xmas morning (possibly guaranteed a smack from their wives but that is another story);
    Lit is substaintially richer and no longer has to worry about a new bike every so often (i.e. every 2 weeks) or helmet hair (not saying anything nasty at all, really, just know it is an issue with the ladies);
    LiT becomes a celebrity and launches her own TV show and proceeds to international fame and stardom.

Cons:

LiT gets to meet lots of creepy gents for whom the ladies in lycra thread is simply not enough though on the plus side they are more likely to be fitter than the speed dating crowd if more sweaty...

Oh so the cons are like on this particular post. Go for it LiT what have you got to lose (apart from your life :roll: )
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    biondino wrote:
    I think it's just me and Jen who like Bovril, isn't it? Um, I don't mean in that sense, together like :oops:

Count me in for that "meal on a piece of toast" feeling. Not the "together" thing though - 2 girls and a boy not really my scene :wink:
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • biondino
    *whimper*
  • don_don
    Jen J wrote:
    don_don wrote:

Hmmm. I'm not sure I'm quite suited to your screenplay. It's a bit wordy for me.

No problem Jen, I should have asked for permission first. I'm writing Holly Willoughby into your place instead :wink:
  • don_don
    Jen J wrote:
    don_don wrote:

No problem Jen, I should have asked for permission first. I'm writing Holly Willoughby into your place instead :wink:
  • biondino
    *whimper*
  • linsen
    biondino wrote:
    *whimper*

:?:
  • Jen J
    linsen wrote:
    biondino wrote:
    *whimper*

:?:

The thought of a meal on toast can be too much for some boys...
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • linsen
    Ah yes, the bovril on toast. Such a tempting thought. How do they control themselves when such a thing might have been on offer....
  • don_don
    linsen wrote:
    biondino wrote:

Count me in for that "meal on a piece of toast" feeling. Not the "together" thing though - 2 girls and a boy not really my scene :wink:

For some reason, I can't get the idea of a sandwich out of my head now :wink:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    don_don wrote:
    Now look folks, I can understand how threads go off topic once in a while, that's just par for the course. However, all this talk of yeast derived comestibles is really affecting my concentration :x

I'm trying to win the love of my life here, stay with me please :roll:

Body chocolate's the only way to save this thread, and don_don's chances, I fear.

Spread the lurrrrve (so to speak).
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    linsen wrote:
    Ah yes, the bovril on toast. Such a tempting thought. How do they control themselves when such a thing might have been on offer....
    You've given your bikes names.

I'm sure I knew you in a previous life. What is your car called?
  • don_don
    Part 2 for you LiT:
    Castor put down his glass and absent-mindedly prodded the food on his plate. He wasn’t hungry anymore, and the unbearable heat of the room was sending rivulets of sweat down the contours of his muscular back. “Damn this oven of a room” he thought, trying to think of an excuse to leave. Castor was far happier in the icy wastes of the Antarctic, having been stationed there for the last year and a half. He had the look of a man hewn from ice – calved, if you will - from the glaciers of life. He was solid, chiselled and hard, with eyes as dark as the pit of a mighty crevasse.

Castor had decided, finally, to leave and escape into the hot night air. At that moment, his gaze was almost subconsciously drawn to a woman on the other side of the room. It was as if an angel had pulled on an invisible cord connecting the two strangers. Castor’s gaze met hers and his cold heart melted. It was if an explosion of ice crystals, sharp and stinging only for a moment before melting to soothing water, had occurred in his soul. At once, the heat was gone. His blood surged through his powerful muscles and he knew that tonight, she was his and his alone.

To be continued...

I thought I had better complete the romantic introduction before the bitter-sweet comedy kicks in :)
    Body chocolate's the only way to save this thread, and don_don's chances, I fear.

Thanks Crapaud, bear with me, I'm writing as fast as I can...
  • Crapaud wrote:

Spread the lurrrrve (so to speak).

Chapeaux, Crapaud!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :oops: All the rhyming in this thread seems to have got to me.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Chapeaux, Crapaud!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :oops: All the rhyming in this thread seems to have got to me.
    :lol:

I'm more concerned about the yeast (based) infection the thread seems to have picked up. :shock:

This could be a job for the yoghurt knitters!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Right, it's 23:51 and I'm champagne drunk (whaaaat, it was free!) Even pissed this thread makes no sense anymore, as far as can tell it's been reduced to some sort of yeast based sex pest thread.

Of course LiT s being very sensible and staying well clear. Chapeau Lit, this lot are just a little bit odd.

*sips wine, sighs.

Ah what a great thread. Living vicariously here.
  • hamstrich
    hamstrich Posts: 112
    Before the original matter is forgotten completely, here's my own little contribution (the craziness that unempoloyment brings...)

Lost_in_thought, I'm afraid that I had to give your bike a name for the sake of the rhyming scheme - you are by no means obliged to adopt it :wink:

And Don_Don, just to clarify, I'm not trying to imply that you routinely wear women's clothing!

The Ballad of Don Don and LiT

Old Don Don was hoping to court
    A young lass by name Lost In Thought,
    Being desperate to win her,
    He asked her for dinner,
    So some grub he then went out and bought.

When Don Don rode back from the shops,
    With some verily tasty pork chops,
    His bag didn't have space,
    So with a shoelace
    He suspended the meat from the drops.

And here something crazy occurred,
    An event that was rather absurd,
    Since riding ahead
    On her fixie named Ted,
    Was Don Don's coveted bird!

This caused poor old Don Don distress,
    Since he wasn't quite looking his best,
    So he'd pass her with speed,
    Before she could see
    That in fact he was wearing a dress!

But as Don Don picked up the pace,
    He forgot about the pork on the lace,
    It swung left and right,
    And at the top of its flight,
    The meat smacked LiT clean in the face!

At this she was rather surprised,
    And veered over to the side,
    With one hefty clout,
    She took Don Don out,
    And landed between his thighs.

This unfortunate twist of fate
    Gave rise to an unusual first date,
    But I wouldn't advise
    For all single guys
    To try using pork chops as bait!
  • Right, it's 23:51 and I'm champagne drunk (whaaaat, it was free!) Even pissed this thread makes no sense anymore, as far as can tell it's been reduced to some sort of yeast based sex pest thread.

Of course LiT s being very sensible and staying well clear. Chapeau Lit, this lot are just a little bit odd.

*sips wine, sighs.

Ah what a great thread. Living vicariously here.

:lol::lol:

'yeast based sex pest'

I need to find a way to integrate this phrase into my life... more regularly.

Even at 7am in an airport, that made me laugh.

Oh and Hamstrich, that is a work o'sheer genius! How are you unemployed with such limerick-writing skill?

However, don_don, the rom-com thing was not a subtle hint... :shock:
  • linsen
    linsen wrote:
    You've given your bikes names.

I'm sure I knew you in a previous life. What is your car called?

My first car was in fact called Percy. No car I have owned since deserved a name

There is no excuse for naming my bikes, so I shan't offer one. Suffice it to say I shall one day introduce you to Gladys too.

I'm sure I'm not the only one whose bikes have names - you're just all to scared to admit it. Though don_don's pretty brave in most respects...

Be funny if we did know each other though :lol:
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,608
    Crapaud wrote:
    I'm more concerned about the yeast (based) infection the thread seems to have picked up. :shock:
    !

Thanks Crapaud, I just spat some breakfast over my laptop! :?

Dondon, i thikn your scripts are rom com, I can read the rom, and I feel the com is unintentional, but it's there all the same :lol:

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18