TDF 2023: Stage 13:- Châtillon-Sur-Chalaronne to Grand Colombier, 138km ***Spoilers***

123457»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,646
    It’s not the first time Ewan has cheesed team members off.

Some riders are easier to ride for than others.

Not a massive Cav fan either but there’s a reason the polemics are as much about his generosity and leadership in the team as they are about his achievements.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

Not a massive Cav fan either but there’s a reason the polemics are as much about his generosity and leadership in the team as they are about his achievements.

I guess ....
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    Better to quit early than have a team continue working for a lost cause. These guys know when they don’t have it.
    If he knew he was off form before the start though…
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154

Pog is closing in on Jonas like its zenos paradox ...halfing the time gap every attack but never getting there

It’s like when I try to play darts. Need double 16, hit a single, then a single 8, then a single 4 etc. until constantly stuck with a double 1 to finish.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448

Unsurprisingly, Ewan's agent isn't best pleased. But it's hard to argue with a lot of what he says, especially given how many wins Ewan has brought to the table since he's been at Lotto.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/racing/its-disgusting-caleb-ewans-agent-calls-on-lotto-dstny-boss-to-apologise-after-public-humiliation
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,646
    andyp said:

Unsurprisingly, Ewan's agent isn't best pleased. But it's hard to argue with a lot of what he says, especially given how many wins Ewan has brought to the table since he's been at Lotto.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/racing/its-disgusting-caleb-ewans-agent-calls-on-lotto-dstny-boss-to-apologise-after-public-humiliation
    Mmm seems a clash of cultures.

Perhaps it’s not the most professional to air the frustration in the press but then, it’s entertainment and that’s part of it.

The lotto boss probably had better visibility of evans and his performance than we do, and he’s obviously p!ssed off.

It’s a results business after all.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

The lotto boss probably had better visibility of evans and his performance than we do, and he’s obviously p!ssed off.

I thought his punditry on ITV was OK.
    Twitter: @RichN95