TDF 2023: Stage 5:- Pau to Laruns, 165km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    If mads was 5% more talented he would win loads
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,645

Savage.

Long old climb this.
  • rick_chasey

Already swinging off the back.
  • rick_chasey
    You think you're fit and decent on the bike and then you see them riding threshold up a 5% at well over 25kph.
  • rick_chasey
    Trio have lost about half their gap in 15km, down to 33" to the chasers, (87km to go, 12.3km to the top of the climb)
  • rick_chasey
    Cavagna is really behind that drop in gap
  • mididoctors
    Remy doing the buisness ...looking better for jai
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Come on cav ...he is off the back
  • rick_chasey
    Pog remarkably chilled at a bike change. Puts him level with Cav temporarily.
  • rick_chasey

Come on cav ...he is off the back

He's gone deep enough, should be fine?
  • rick_chasey
    Mads dropped from the front trio.
  • rick_chasey
    JA now leading the chase to the remaining duo. 19"
  • mididoctors

Already swinging off the back.
    Yeah ....
  • mididoctors
    JA making a selection
  • rick_chasey

Mads dropped from the front trio.

Lidl chase break members immediately take up the chase.
  • mididoctors
    Chiccone and trek got a free ride. Mads dif his part
  • rick_chasey
    Campenaerts throwing the shades overboard. Madness.
  • mididoctors
    And here come trek
  • mididoctors
    UAE look unhappy
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 271
    Good that Jakobsen got back in earlier, had assumed he was way off the back. Hope Cav can link up and they can all crawl home within the time cut.
  • mididoctors
    Trek not pulling like Remy
  • mididoctors
    UAE backing it off a bit
  • mididoctors
    Ouff 13kmh
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,703
    Surprised Lafay has been dropped
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Double ouff 10 kmh
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    WvA dropping the first grenade of this year's TDF.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Back from my run and struggling to work out what's happening!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Might have to switch to ambient sound as Kirby combined with JV telling us how brilliant and cool his riders are is a challenge.
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 271
    Riders all over the mountain, UAE confirming they're not really worried about Jai Hindlay, Wout burning some matches, Kirby spouting nonsense.
  • mididoctors

Surprised Lafay has been dropped

I think he crashed yesterday