TDF 2023: Stage 5:- Pau to Laruns, 165km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    This is the Adam Blythe narrative ..lol
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,703
    All the top climbers catch Van Aert.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    WvA caught
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    WVA dropped
  • blazing_saddles
    Then recovers
  • blazing_saddles
    Definitively dropped now by Gall’s attack
  • mididoctors
    Chiccone going for the jersey ...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    He's going backwards now but will probably get back on the descent.
  • mididoctors
    Buchman is going to be needed ..
  • mididoctors
    Gall is a rider we forgot about
  • mididoctors
    Jai needs Buchman to come back to him
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    Holy pea soup, Batman!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • blazing_saddles
    4 minute lead for Hindley and co now.
  • mididoctors
    UAE doing the right thing ? Bluffing it?
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo and UAE bluff each other out of this
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Pross said:

Might have to switch to ambient sound as Kirby combined with JV telling us how brilliant and cool his riders are is a challenge.

Oh is that who that is
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Pross said:

Back from my run and struggling to work out what's happening!

Yeah, wtf... I am not sure letting Hindley have a 4 minute lead is super smart myself.
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo will have to ride at some point
  • mididoctors
    Buchman has to ride this valley
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,645
    Uran looking feisty.

• blazing_saddles

Pross said:

Back from my run and struggling to work out what's happening!

Yeah, wtf... I am not sure letting Hindley have a 4 minute lead is super smart myself.
    It’s the point I was making earlier, but folks thought me wrong.
    Even Jonathan Vaughters isn’t sure what’s the right call.
  • rick_chasey

Rather a lot for a Giro winner.
  • mididoctors

Rather a lot for a Giro winner.
    Bit of road left to pull it back but if they don't do some of it on the flat it's going to be a problem
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    That road is pointing in the wrong direction, though.
  • mididoctors
    Pulled back a chunk a min or so
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810
    Following via PCS, this thread and The Guardian. Are we thinking UAE/Jumbo don't see Jai as a threat, or are they bluffing each other?
  • mididoctors
    Powless sitting up to lose time I guess
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 271
    I reckon Pog and Vin will be pretty confident of putting 3-4 mins into Jai over the next few weeks.
  • mididoctors
    Peloton starting to make small in roads
  • rick_chasey
    WvA is ridiculous. He's 15kg heavier than JA.