TDF 2023: Stage 5:- Pau to Laruns, 165km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790

Humble brag opportunity - my bike only has 36 x 28 as the easiest gear and I rode that through the Pyrenees, Tourmalet etc plus Ventoux

Last big hill i rode was the ventoux in 34 X 30 your crushing me there
    I did all 3 sides (Cingles) on that gearing.
    Here's your 🎖️,.. I never done the 3rd side

"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Vaughters bringing "truth" takes to the breakaway team
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

Humble brag opportunity - my bike only has 36 x 28 as the easiest gear and I rode that through the Pyrenees, Tourmalet etc plus Ventoux

Now THAT is the sort of recognition I seek in an anonymous online world. Almost as much kudos (I got 2) as the 10 mile jog I pumped out before work this morning. My Strava followers clearly are not impressed.

Thank you!
  • mididoctors
    LOL
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    edited July 2023

I've loved having an 11-34 cassette on my Cube for the past few years for the extra practical climbing sprockets (17-19-21-23-25-27-30-34) in combination with 34/50 rings, but now I'm ~12Kg heavier at 92Kg and much more unfit than I was nine months ago, the 34/34 is a godsend on many inclines.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    My run was 2 miles
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Have they done the "innovative" tour bus cringefest yet?
  • mididoctors
    JimD666 said:

Not yet
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,810

Now THAT is the sort of recognition I seek in an anonymous online world. Almost as much kudos (I got 2) as the 10 mile jog I pumped out before work this morning. My Strava followers clearly are not impressed.

Thank you!
    I got a Kudos for a 7k WALK yesterday. A bloody walk I tell you!
  • mididoctors
    Cringe bus
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    JimD666 said:

Ugh
    They've just started....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Adam Blythe scousing it up impersonating Cummings
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Tour bus nonsense leaves the camera panning around an apparently empty studio as the director belatedly realises the problem they've created for themselves and Orla's disembodied voice rings out...
  • mididoctors
    Not buying Adam Blythe take
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    edited July 2023
    I can't get on to Discovery + for some reason. It goes through all the stages to the watch live and when I select that I just get a black screen.

Edit - went out and started watching a 'normal' programme, went back in and it worked. Weird!
  • mididoctors
    They're off
    ... everyone attacks
  • Pross
    No soft break today, they're going to have to earn a place.
  • mididoctors
    edited July 2023
    Pross said:

I can't get on to Discovery + for some reason. It goes through all the stages to the watch live and when I select that I just get a black screen.

Edit - went out and started watching a 'normal' programme, went back in and it worked. Weird!

Consumer digital services and techs are never fully realised ... They are always changing and de bugging . The modern world is a belly aching glut of unrealised promises that just add stress as a cost of doing business. Driving us all mad

• Pross
    They've mugged Latour into going solo.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    That little lump starting at 153km to go might bring someone across.
  • mididoctors
    Latour needs some one to come across
  • mididoctors
    JV don't like it
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Jumbo want a break that can stay away and take the win.
  • Pross

Latour needs some one to come across

He needs to sit up, he's going nowhere and burning lots of matches.
  • mididoctors

Jumbo want a break that can stay away and take the win.

Yeah you would think
  • Pross
    Skeljmose down but looks pretty minor. MVDP trying to attack.
  • mididoctors
    Skelly mousse on the deck
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    Skelmose tastes the tarmac.
    MvDP has a dig
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Can't see the race ref letting them stay behind the car like that for long.
  • Pross
    It's an odd one, the attempts at getting in a break are pretty half-hearted. Latour now has 24". Feels like it is going to split soon though.