The actual I am watching the World Cup thread. No, non World Cup watchers please. Spoilers.

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Read that the majority of the Moroccan squad were born outside Morocco.

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

oi - ITV fellas:

Ingerrrlsnd lost, sgain
    You went home
    You're not there sny more

Stop bleating on about Ingerrrrland this, Ingerrrrrland that

66 years of hurt snd long may it continue

ABE

This is Argentina/France/Morrocco time to shine

Erm, point of order m'lud. 1966 to 2022 is 56 (years of hurt). However I'm sure that in another 10,20,30... years time, the fanbois will still be a-singing "it (whatever it is)'s comin' 'ome, itz comin'..." and throwing fizzy pop shite over themselves. #ABE
    We won the Euros in the Summer !!
    no you didn't. the women's team did.

ingerrrrrland men's failed miserably yet again at the last Euros despite it being fixed for them.

don't try and jump on other people's success.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,923
    Do you enjoy acting like a massive tool @MattFalle? It does you no favours.
    You seem to have a bigger issue with England going out than anyone else on here.
    And if losing a final on penalties is a miserable failure, then how do you describe the abject performances of the 2 sides you pretend to support?
  • MattFalle
    don't be angry because your team is rubbish. you'll win something, sometime

unfortunatrly it won't even be the Nstions League or whatever its cslled as you were relegated from that as well after failing

losing is failure, end of. its why its not called winning.

ABE
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Irony of course is that this English team are one of the most likeable teams I can remember.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    MattFalle said:

don't be angry because your team is rubbish. you'll win something, sometime

unfortunatrly it won't even be the Nstions League or whatever its cslled as you were relegated from that as well after failing

losing is failure, end of. its why its not called winning.

ABE

Just remind us again where were Italy playing other than with them selves.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407

Do you enjoy acting like a massive tool @MattFalle? It does you no favours.
    You seem to have a bigger issue with England going out than anyone else on here.
    And if losing a final on penalties is a miserable failure, then how do you describe the abject performances of the 2 sides you pretend to support?

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    Or maybe don't feed the bitter jealous ABE saddos? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,743
    MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

oi - ITV fellas:

Ingerrrlsnd lost, sgain
    You went home

ABE

Erm, point of order m'lud. 1966 to 2022 is 56 (years of hurt). However I'm sure that in another 10,20,30... years time, the fanbois will still be a-singing "it (whatever it is)'s comin' 'ome, itz comin'..." and throwing fizzy pop shite over themselves. #ABE

ingerrrrrland men's failed miserably yet again at the last Euros despite it being fixed for them.

I've spent 7 years coaching women's football and watch it live and on TV so I'm claiming it.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • MattFalle
    is it trolling if its factually correct?
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

oi - ITV fellas:

Ingerrrlsnd lost, sgain
    You went home

ABE

I've spent 7 years coaching women's football and watch it live and on TV so I'm claiming it.
    I've spent 49 years eating pork scratchings but I'm not claiming to be The Oink Company
  • DeVlaeminck
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

oi - ITV fellas:

Ingerrrlsnd lost, sgain
    You went home

ABE

I've spent 49 years eating pork scratchings but I'm not claiming to be The Oink Company

Yeah but you've contributed to the success of the pork scratching industry - you, the company, the pigs - all part of the team.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

oi - ITV fellas:

Ingerrrlsnd lost, sgain
    You went home

ABE

Yeah but you've contributed to the success of the pork scratching industry - you, the company, the pigs - all part of the team.
    that is a blimmin' brilliant way of looking at it - a deep fried team. an integral part of success.

grazie!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    This Morocco v France game is pretty good. Helped by the ref not buying dives so the players engage brains and actually play.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,245
    edited December 2022
    The booking for the Moroccan guy for getting kicked was a bit much.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    Beginning to wonder if France would be as well playing Mpeople. 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    edited December 2022
    Unfortunately, I was late to this game but this is proper kickball this!

Allez les bleus!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,923
    edited December 2022
    Allez les bleues on Sunday!
    Morocco can hold their heads high, just could quite get that final touch they needed.
  • DeVlaeminck
    Really enjoyed that match, when Morocco attack they really commit to it - made me wonder if we'd had rampaging FBs to link up with Saka and Foden if we'd have done better.
  • Great performance from Morocco and good to see an emerging nation make a semi final this time.

I know France have found a way to win in the last two games but in truth they have looked poor. If they try to sit back and soak up pressure on Sunday and then hit Argentina on the counter attack, I can't see them winning. Messi looks like he has rediscovered some form and will have an influence. Les Bleus need to be more positive and Mbappe needs to perform.

Overall, I think the quality of the football all round has been fairly poor in this WC. The two finalists have hardly been brilliant, Brazil were feeble and most European sides underperformed. You could make the case that only Morocco have performed well above expectations and have been the standout team.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    edited December 2022
    Who knows how well Morocco would have done over the years had it been a nice enough place to live that their best players didn’t go to Holland, France, Belgium and Germany, eh?

Alas they sh!t on half the population so they all left.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Thought Mbappe was poor by his standards. Seemed to be in full diva mode, diving about and waving his arms in exasperation when he wasn’t found perfectly with a pass. Must be hard at times to be a patient team player when everyone else is slightly below your level but unless he fully commits for France in the final, I’d make Argentina favourites.

Argentina favourites, didn’t think I’d be saying that after their first 5 games. Football is weird.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    I'd say France has more options going forward than Argentina and their defence is more solid so I'm picking France. Football is weird and the Messi factor though so who knows.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Really enjoyed that match, when Morocco attack they really commit to it - made me wonder if we'd had rampaging FBs to link up with Saka and Foden if we'd have done better.

I think our problem was the safety first don't lose the ball mindset rather than the personnel.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    seanoconn said:

Thought Mbappe was poor by his standards. Seemed to be in full diva mode, diving about and waving his arms in exasperation when he wasn’t found perfectly with a pass.

Agree with this. Incredible talent but just starting to exhibit Neymar/Ronaldo/Messi like traits when things don't go his way. It's almost like they think "there must be something wrong with that pass/tackle/decision, it can't possibly be me that's at fault".
    Griezeman is still the key for the French, I think. Makes them tick in the same way Modric does for Croatia and isn't shy about dropping back to defend when needed. Player of the tournament for me.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Amazing how another player suddenly looks better when the opposition has to use up defenders to neutralise the Mbappe threat.
  • Amazing how another player suddenly looks better when the opposition has to use up defenders to neutralise the Mbappe threat.

That is a harsh description of Griezman

At international level, Griezmann has 116 caps, ranking as France's sixth-most capped player, and with over 40 goals scored, he is also the nation's third-highest all-time top goalscorer. He finished as top goalscorer and was Player of the Tournament as France finished runner-up at UEFA Euro 2016, and won the Silver Boot as the second highest goalscorer as France won the 2018 FIFA World Cup; and was also named Man of the Match in the final.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,245
    edited December 2022

Amazing how another player suddenly looks better when the opposition has to use up defenders to neutralise the Mbappe threat.

At international level, Griezmann has 116 caps, ranking as France's sixth-most capped player, and with over 40 goals scored, he is also the nation's third-highest all-time top goalscorer. He finished as top goalscorer and was Player of the Tournament as France finished runner-up at UEFA Euro 2016, and won the Silver Boot as the second highest goalscorer as France won the 2018 FIFA World Cup; and was also named Man of the Match in the final.
    Not harsh at all - he's a great player, but saying that Mbappe is poor and Griezmann is the key doesn't take into account how the last two teams have played Mbappe.

There will be more space for him because Mbappe is taking players away from that area. He is the perfect player to make use of it.

Not harsh at all - he's a great player, but saying that Mbappe is poor and Griezmann is the key doesn't take into account how the last two teams have played Mbappe.

There will be more space for him because Mbappe is taking players away from that area. He is the perfect player to make use of it.
    This. There were plenty congratulating England on neutralising Mbappe. After all, the preceding days were spent obsessing over him, and he was made to be quiet by the wily English. So the the great Mbappe isn’t all that.
    Just allowed Griezmann to have the space to do the damage.
    Options.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,682
    Testing my Spanish here: what a silly look Or: what a look Silly?

Quien habla español? @sungod ?