Musky

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,745

Also, a trumpets only got three button things, what's the point of that?

The fewer buttons, the harder it is. This is harder than launching things into space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJ-xcblCMo
    Piece of p1ss compared to reusable rockets, surely?

If the World is just, this should get a minimum of twenty likes.

Try building rockets with billions of dollars and a crack team of scientists around you.

Then learn the natural trumpet and go on stage to do this.

Come back and tell me which is harder.
    He's not even out of breath at the end of that. 😳
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry said:

Also, a trumpets only got three button things, what's the point of that?

The fewer buttons, the harder it is. This is harder than launching things into space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJ-xcblCMo
    Piece of p1ss compared to reusable rockets, surely?

If the World is just, this should get a minimum of twenty likes.

Try building rockets with billions of dollars and a crack team of scientists around you.

Then learn the natural trumpet and go on stage to do this.

Come back and tell me which is harder.
    He's not even out of breath at the end of that. 😳
    Yeah, it ain't rocket science though.
  • rjsterry
    Take a tube. Fill it full of something explosive. Leave one end open. Ignite fuel. Voila. Been around since the 14th century.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,681
    It's all just noise in comparison to the achievements of Newton.
  • It's all just noise in comparison to the achievements of Newton.

You can't argue with the apples of Musk to risk everying in the pursuit of defying gravity.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,843
    edited February 2023

You can't argue with the apples of Musk to risk everying in the pursuit of defying gravity.
    Yes we can. It was first done a long time ago.
    Can I get on a boat and discover America?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

Reusable?

Has it been done before to make space travel more tenable.

The space shuttle doesn't count.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    The Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria were reusable, yes...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,843

pblakeney said:

Reusable?

Has it been done before to make space travel more tenable.

The space shuttle doesn't count.
    That wasn't in your statement so doesn't count.
    By the way, we won't be going to Mars either.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • TheBigBean

He's just using Newtonian mechanics and not defying anything.
  • rjsterry
    Gravity being the weakest of the fundamental forces.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• I will today defy gravity by going 3 metres above ground and remaining there for several hours before returning to ground level.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    You don’t do space travel by defying gravity.
    You do space travel by utilising gravity.
  • morstar said:

Getting in to orbit though, that's a fair amount of defying.
  • It's all just noise in comparison to the achievements of Newton.

If it wasn't for that apple, he wouldn't have discovered $h1t though. It probably banged him on the noggin and it nocked some sense into him.
  • morstar

morstar said:

But that’s not space travel. That’s powered flight. Copyright Wright Brothers.

And is already well established as mentioned already. I love the recycling of boosters but that happens in earths atmosphere.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,010
    Seems that the trending Twitter hashtag "blockelon" suddenly disappeared from the 'trending' list. I wonder why that would be...
  • rjsterry

morstar said:

If you want to look at it that way, every moment that you don't plummet to the centre of the Earth is defying gravity.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• morstar

Seems that the trending Twitter hashtag "blockelon" suddenly disappeared from the 'trending' list. I wonder why that would be...

Free speech absolutist did somebody mention?

F’in non PC insult.
  • TheBigBean

If it wasn't for that apple, he wouldn't have discovered $h1t though. It probably banged him on the noggin and it nocked some sense into him.
    Musk may not have been flying rockets if Newton hadn't existed. Punchy argument, but not without merit.
  • morstar
    By deduction, are we idolising Hitler for pushing rocket science forwards and providing the foundation for modern space flight?
  • morstar said:

By deduction, are we idolising Hitler for pushing rocket science forwards and providing the foundation for modern space flight?

Don't forget computers too, with the Enigma.

I obviously take your idolise with a pinch of salt. The by-product of rapid evolution to maintain supremacy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,413

morstar said:

I obviously take your idolise with a pinch of salt. The by-product of rapid evolution to maintain supremacy.
    Maintain supremacy over what?
    The by-product of rapid evolution has resource implications.
    The human race is not 'supreme'. The human race has become parasitical. We are no better than Leeches.
    An intelligent parasite doesn't kill it's host. We're not collectively intelligent enough to preserve our host.

Musk should spend his money on anthropological or environmental concerns.
    He can fcuk off to Mars for all I care. In fact, please fcuk off to Mars Musky.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    lol humans are supreme. might not be positive for the world, but supreme we are
  • rjsterry

Top of the third division at best. Just look at the damage a jumped up cold virus caused.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    rjsterry said:

Top of the third division at best. Just look at the damage a jumped up cold virus caused.
    eh?
  • rjsterry

rjsterry said:

eh?
    Covid.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rick_chasey
    edited February 2023
    what about it? smashed it in 2 years.

what other animal could do that?
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,204
    edited February 2023
    pinno said:

morstar said:

The human race is not 'supreme'. The human race has become parasitical. We are no better than Leeches.
    An intelligent parasite doesn't kill it's host. We're not collectively intelligent enough to preserve our host.

I get your passionate response Pinno and to be serious, yeah sure it would be great to see Humanity calm it down and live for needs not wants. However...

You wouldn't be doing what you're doing right now having the incredible experience of being able to communicate with people around the World without people like Musk.

If all of humanity thought within confined limits we would be no way near as evolved with the positives and negatives with it.

What happens if an asteroid happens to be in Earths path? It won't matter how green Humanity has become.

Look at Starlink being able to provide the internet to anywhere in the world including someone in a boat on the sea. Reusable rockets has provided that.

Porsche, great cars. Turbo/GT3 RS 992, wow! Completely irrelevant with regards getting someone from A to B in a sustainable environmental way. Look at the technology/safety which has filtered down through Motorsport though.

No, Humanity needs people like Musk to push passed what is considered possible. Do we want everyone to be like that on Earth? No, we want them to be 912s.

• morstar

pinno said:

morstar said:

I get your passionate response Pinno and to be serious, yeah sure it would be great to see Humanity calm it down and live for needs not wants. However...

You wouldn't be doing what you're doing right now having the incredible experience of being able to communicate with people around the World without people like Musk.

If all of humanity thought within confined limits we would be no way near as evolved with the positives and negatives with it.

What happens if an asteroid happens to be in Earths path? It won't matter how green Humanity has become.

Look at Starlink being able to provide the internet to anywhere in the world including someone in a boat on the sea. Reusable rockets has provided that.

Porsche, great cars. Turbo/GT3 RS 993, wow! Completely irrelevant with regards getting someone from A to B in a sustainable environmental way. Look at the technology/safety which has filtered down through Motorsport though.

No, Humanity needs people like Musk to push passed what is considered possible. Do we want everyone to be like that on Earth? No, we want them to be 912s.

I have made your key point myself many times.

However, you need to recognise that these people who drive change are often seriously flawed people. Extreme at both ends.

Musk is quite evidently an odious, narcissistic character.
    I find the idolisation when his flaws are so apparent weird.