Musky

Comments

• Look at that though, admire it, praise it.
    It is massively impressive to be fair
    I will take the liberty of quoting some praise for greatness.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tbh, the rocket launch landing stuff is utterly mega and theres no denying it.

i'm struggling to see why its an example of Musk's alleged greatness though: he didn't actually design or build any of it.

essentially he's an apartheid era blood diamond funded Richard Branson, no?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

Exactly Matt, let the flood of praise commence.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Not sure how anyone can see Musk speak and think “ah yes, this is the guy who is key to success”
  • Not sure how anyone can see Musk speak and think “ah yes, this is the guy who is key to success”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIVCCaYWGpk

Just join in with the praise Rick. Akin to how you did when Starlink gave Ukraine the hardware and access.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Exactly Matt, let the flood of praise commence.
    if he actually designed and built the rockets, then yes.

but he didn't, so no.

its a bit likely praising MbinZAN for banging in 3 against Southampton.

Tbh, the Space Shuttle was cooler.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,901
    edited December 2022
  • MattFalle

And they did.

who did?
  • MattFalle
    who did what?

sorry, we're confused here.
  • Not sure how anyone can see Musk speak and think “ah yes, this is the guy who is key to success”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIVCCaYWGpk

Just join in with the praise Rick. Akin to how you did when Starlink gave Ukraine the hardware and access.
    What do you mean by "gave"?
  • Look, I'm not arguing with any of you for the rest of this eveningtoday. It's clear I'm right and you've got till tomorrow to get up to speed.

Hasta la vista

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Is 'zing one of these paid-for soshul meejah 'influencers'? He/she/it would be better off peddling the wares on a more popular site. Or is he/she/it just in training for such? If so, needs to refine the tactics.
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

Is 'zing one of these paid-for soshul meejah 'influencers'? He/she/it would be better off peddling the wares on a more popular site. Or is he/she/it just in training for such? If so, needs to refine the tactics.

nah - he's just takingthepiss and winding people up - you forget how easily prople get enraged about total trivia on here.

they forget its a bicycle forum and think its something serious.

F has found niche and he'll continue in that vein. Its a long term game he's played very well tbh. We wouldn't have the patience to carry it on this long
  • MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

nah - he's just takingthepiss and winding people up - you forget how easily prople get enraged about total trivia on here.

F has found niche and he'll continue in that vein. Its a long term game he's played very well tbh. We wouldn't have the patience to carry it on this long
    Gold
  • MattFalle said:

orraloon said:

I think he needs to find a few more veins
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660

As the traditional car manufacturers catch up, which they have, does Tesla not just become another GM?

I suspect that's part of the share price readjustment... they have a tendency to look past hubris and bullshit.
    Maybe you saw the same tweet I can't find now but it said exactly that. When Tesla was valued as a tech company (i.e produces nothing but somehow is worth a trillion billion) the stock price made sense. As it's becoming more and more clear that it actually makes cars though, it's starting to be valued like, oh I dunno, a car company and so the price is located vaguely on planet earth.

It's an insight into our global banking system for sure...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver said:

As the traditional car manufacturers catch up, which they have, does Tesla not just become another GM?

I suspect that's part of the share price readjustment... they have a tendency to look past hubris and bullshit.
    Maybe you saw the same tweet I can't find now but it said exactly that. When Tesla was valued as a tech company (i.e produces nothing but somehow is worth a trillion billion) the stock price made sense. As it's becoming more and more clear that it actually makes cars though, it's starting to be valued like, oh I dunno, a car company and so the price is located vaguely on planet earth.

It's an insight into our global banking system for sure...
    Tesla is not priced like a car company as they tend to be valued at 5-10 P/E ration whereas Tesla is around 40. If it was valued as a car company the shares would still have 75-90% to fall
  • ddraver
    What's the cryptobro opposite of "To the Mooooon"?
    - @ddraver
  • orraloon
    I have a family member who, as part of her degree course, had a placement year (5-6 years ago?) working in JLR in the future development end of spectrum. Then JLR seemed fixated on what Tesla were doing, leading innovators etc. That is no longer the case, the market as a whole has moved.

So Tesla (not started but bought as existing entity by the Muskrat remember) perhaps can be looked on as the catalyst for change but now just another, rather expensive and somewhat tarnished by the Muskrat's twatter spouting nonsense, choice in the expanding e-vehicle market.
  • MattFalle
    ddraver said:

What's the cryptobro opposite of "To the Mooooon"?

best ask Bankman-Fried.

He seems to have gone very far opposite.
  • ddraver
    orraloon said:

So Tesla (not started but bought as existing entity by the Muskrat remember) perhaps can be looked on as the catalyst for change but now just another, rather expensive and somewhat tarnished by the Muskrat's twatter spouting nonsense, choice in the expanding e-vehicle market.

I've said from the start that the way to "change the world" isn't to shave 0.1s off a 4 door saloon's 0-60 time but to make a white van that will do a full Tacho-day on a single charge*...

(* a top up on the 45 min break would be a start)

- @ddraver
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Pross said:

Pross said:

Look at that though, admire it, praise it.
    It is massively impressive to be fair
    Isn’t it just a rocket launch on rewind?
    Even if it is, to launch rockets is still pretty impressive 😂
    It’s been happening for nearly 70 years though!
    It is them landing. You can tell by the configuration.

FWIW, Musk has confirmed he is an utter knob.

However, to say he has no influence on the achievements at Spacex is disingenuous at best.

Things don’t happen by accident.

Rick, how did your little project that you are so happy about come about?

Was it gifted to you, or did you make it happen?
  • orraloon
    ddraver said:

I've said from the start that the way to "change the world" isn't to shave 0.1s off a 4 door saloon's 0-60 time but to make a white van that will do a full Tacho-day on a single charge*...

(* a top up on the 45 min break would be a start)

Quite. I don't understand the practicalities of current e-vehicles for distance / lengthy timewise use. E.g. having had multiple M6 transits this past year with the relocation, I have these abiding memories of the lines of Teslas and others plugged in at service stations, with the people hanging about, sitting inside looking bored, waiting for enough for the next section.

Not exactly the timeline model that a Yodel delivery driver wants to undergo.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812

Look at that though, admire it, praise it.
    Google ‘Delta clipper’.
    Also current landing the rockets is costing them more than sending them into space per SpaceX own information.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,901
    edited December 2022

Google ‘Delta clipper’.
    Also current landing the rockets is costing them more than sending them into space per SpaceX own information.

No, don't want to.
  • MattFalle
    edited December 2022
    Anything to do with Delta Goodrow?
  • MattFalle

Google ‘Delta clipper’.

No, don't want to.
    post of the year.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,511
    Oops no.237. Tesla shares down another 9% today. Meanwhile Musk pleasures himself with serial trolling on Twitter. If he did have a plot before, I think he's lost it.

https://post.news/article/2JUjA2IPUdaFWeMsrG0CGNe9eP0

(I've just inserted a Post link to see if sharing them works yet.)

• MattFalle