Musky

Comments

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,901
    edited December 2022
    Electric goodness motors in the wheels. Three wheel drive?
  • pangolin said:

That is bigger than I expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jVDqiLYOs

Yeah, not bad considering the aerodynamic design.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625

Gets "up to 40 miles per day" from solar power.

Only when it's direct full day sun I bet. Still very good compared to a normal EV decked out with sunny capturing greatness. Very efficient low weight car.
    I think you could probably carry more on a bakfiets.

Not very space efficient is it?
  • 10 miles per kilowatt hour.
  • Is this in any way connected to Elon Musk?

Yeah, if he buys it.

Yeah, if he buys it.
    Unlikely, he'd probably get a discount on a Tesla.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,511
    It's no wonder that Musk hasn't got time for Tesla, what with trolling on Twitter and serial posting in Cake Stop.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Has anyone tried putting solar panels on ebikes?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • focuszing723
    edited December 2022
    Stevo_666 said:

More fun in the wind too.
  • Stevo_666 said:

• focuszing723
    edited December 2022
    The Aptera is first principles greatness, though relative to efficiency being the salient goal.
  • Anyway, back on Twitter.

Here Musk says that revenue will be $3bn next year (before he took over it was looking at about $4.8bn). Debt he has added of $12.5bn means servicing costs of $1.5bn, leading to a loss of about $3bn.

He has directly caused this business to become massively loss making.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Given it was a vanity throb, no due diligence, too late found he couldn't back-weasel out of statutory process... will he learn (the hard way) from it?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

More fun in the wind too.
    Handy for keeping the rain of for those winter trips to Lidl.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Surprised that's in the US...
  • briantrumpet
    Well, FZ's sales pitch isn't doing much for Tesla's share price... another 10% wiped off today. It's been an impressive 12 months.

• Stevo_666

Well, FZ's sales pitch isn't doing much for Tesla's share price... another 10% wiped off today. It's been an impressive 12 months.

I remember talking to some bloke back in the summer who had invested a fair bit in Tesla amd was trying to persuade me to pile in (was sitting on the same table as him at a wedding and he got onto the subject). Thought better of taking his advice - wonder how he's feeling now?
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

I remember talking to some bloke back in the summer who had invested a fair bit in Tesla amd was trying to persuade me to pile in (was sitting on the same table as him at a wedding and he got onto the subject). Thought better of taking his advice - wonder how he's feeling now?

Poorer, I guess.

Wasn't it considered over-valued back then though? I know nothing about the business (except that it's got a loon as CEO), so I'm guessing it's a combination of automotive falling back generally, plus the Musk effect to add to the woe.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Stevo_666 said:

Hope you moved to the bar at the first opportunity to get away from the boring tvvat?
  • Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

Hope you moved to the bar at the first opportunity to get away from the boring tvvat?
    Hmmmm, 22 pages of greatness and counting...
  • briantrumpet

Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if you're honing some sort of strange comedy show, and trying out your routines in CS.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,602

Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

It was you?!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • pangolin said:

Pross said:

Stevo_666 said:

It was you?!
    Well, what's the problem with VAT on TV's anyway?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660

Stevo_666 said:

Poorer, I guess.

Oooh, I dunno.

Muskbros and cryptobros are very similar (indeed often the same). I'm sure it is a sign of unappreciated genius and the stock is about to double...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    pblakeney said:

rjsterry said:

Can you all leave Mr Musk alone now? He trying to enjoy himself at the World Cup!!

No.
    pblakeney said:

It is a genuine thought I had years ago.
    Why are car parks not covered in solar panels? Multi-benefits.

The French made this law last year. Has F-all to do with Tesla.
    I never said it did.
    Sorry, was intended to be directed at FZ's post, not yours.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition