The Hell of the North 2022 ***Spoilers***

Comments

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,932
    edited April 2022
    Always get it at Roubaix "I love to ride on cobbles", said riders then doing everything they can to not ride on the cobbles....
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,862
    edited April 2022
    DQ sticky bottle
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,932
    Rainbow jersey DQ'd for a sticky bottle
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,517
    Good
  • mididoctors
    Ladies race coming back together
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Longbordgini(SP?) Counters over top ... Trying to solo it from 30 k out
  • Big save!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,813

Big save!

Not by those two Uno X riders though! :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    Kopecky almost gaping the other chasers....
    ....then caught.
    Carrefour done.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,618
    I reckon she's got this. Chase group starting to look at each other.
  • mididoctors
    Chase group what 4 riders running out of legs Lgbgi riding away ...
  • blazing_saddles
    Game over.
    The chasers are being marked out by the Trek two.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,691
    Balsamo got DQ-ed? Missed that.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,618
    orraloon said:

Balsamo got DQ-ed? Missed that.

Too sticky a bottle
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    JimD666 said:

Always get it at Roubaix "I love to ride on cobbles", said riders then doing everything they can to not ride on the cobbles....

This irritates me - all the cobbles hype, then they race 90% of the sectors on the hardpack. Sure it's very tough, but I'd like to see a few more bales to keep the on the road.
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2022
    Trek nailed that down with brand getting away with kopecky earlier allowing the longborgini counter
  • mididoctors
    Very professional looking race
  • mididoctors
    Good race
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Well, ELB did exactly what I told Ganna to do...

Just like that Fillipo

Good on you ELB. Deserve that!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Mad_Malx said:

JimD666 said:

This irritates me - all the cobbles hype, then they race 90% of the sectors on the hardpack. Sure it's very tough, but I'd like to see a few more bales to keep the on the road.
    Anyone using those "on the fly" pressure adjust gismos?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,578
    Very good win that
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,578
    Mad_Malx said:

JimD666 said:

The bigger crowds help mitigate it in the men's race, especially on the main sectors but it is annoying
  • blazing_saddles
    Pross said:

Mad_Malx said:

JimD666 said:

The bigger crowds help mitigate it in the men's race, especially on the main sectors but it is annoying
    There should be barriers in place on the Arenberg sector and I did see a photo of a tractor ploughing up the verges.

• neonriver
    neonriver Posts: 228
    edited April 2022

Anyone using those "on the fly" pressure adjust gismos?

DSM have said they’re not using it this weekend but in the roubaix tdf stage
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Put a load of gravel alongside the cobbled section and then riders can decide if they want to do a cobble race or a gravel race
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,789
    This is probably one for the unpopular opinions thread. P-R is the cycling equivalent of the Grand National. You have to be good to win but other than that it is pure lottery.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    pblakeney said:

This is probably one for the unpopular opinions thread. P-R is the cycling equivalent of the Grand National. You have to be good to win but other than that it is pure lottery.

I agree. Does that make Ronde van Vlaanderen the Cheltenham Gold Cup? And stage racing flat racing - less risk, more money?
  • pblakeney
    RichN95. said:

pblakeney said:

I agree. Does that make Ronde van Vlaanderen the Cheltenham Gold Cup? And stage racing flat racing - less risk, more money?
    Quite possibly, but I know nothing about horse racing. All I know is the GN gets rammed down our throats and bigged up to the max. Not to say it is not a spectacle.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • RichN95.
    pblakeney said:

Quite possibly, but I know nothing about horse racing. All I know is the GN gets rammed down our throats and bigged up to the max. Not to say it is not a spectacle.

With jump racing the National is the one everyone knows, but the Cheltenham festival is their biggest event. And flat racing is where all the money is - mostly from the Middle East. I half expect Pogacar to be put out to stud at 28 and expected to 'cover' their women's team.
  • pblakeney
    🤣🤣🤣
    Veronese68 wrote: