The Hell of the North 2022 ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Jtomesgreen
    Jtomesgreen Posts: 190
    Does look like it might come back now as the first group is getting very disorganised and Alpecin are still drilling it behind
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    Could be a different race after the arenberg
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691

Yeah you feel 90-30km the action will slow down a bit. Not enough riders left in contention
  • Jtomesgreen

If there's a place for Mathieu to put the hammer down.. it's in the forest
  • Jtomesgreen
    Small group away at the front including Mohoric +4
  • mididoctors
    Ineos looking tired as the front group splinters
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Jtomesgreen
    Starting to see more attacks flying now as the riders try to get across to the front 5. Disaster for the Ineos group, this is going to come back together now I'm sure
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    About 40 seconds between the two groups now.
    That can be closed on the Arenberg sector alone.

Van Baarle punctures now as Ineos race is getting turned upside down.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Jtomesgreen
    Right can someone help me please - the graphic at the top shows group 1, 2 and 3. Is the time gap after group 3 the one between 2 and 3 or is this the gap from the leaders to group 3?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005

Right can someone help me please - the graphic at the top shows group 1, 2 and 3. Is the time gap after group 3 the one between 2 and 3 or is this the gap from the leaders to group 3?

Time gap is to the front
  • mididoctors
    Only 100 k to go
  • blazing_saddles
    The real race starts in 2 kms.
  • blazing_saddles

WVA in serious trouble...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    No super recovery from Wout.

Which is probably fair enough really...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • blazing_saddles
    Ganna, Kwiato, Kung, Politt plus one came out of the Arenberg the best of the big bunch.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Bike change for Wout
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Jtomesgreen
    van der Poel in the Ineos group now with at least one team mate
  • mididoctors
    Those punctures cost ganna I think
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    So Wout had to swap to a teammate’s bike in Arenberg. He’s looking ok now.

Word is that Mads P has abandoned.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mididoctors
    edited April 2022
    They are Leaving it late to bring them back
  • Jtomesgreen

They are Leaving it late to bring them back

Mohoric (Mohorovic according to Wig) isn't tonnes of help though, still well over an hour to race
  • Jtomesgreen
    If you switched it on now you'd be thinking it's a fairly formulaic race so far. JV now driving it with WVA in the passenger seat
  • blazing_saddles
    WVA turning up the heat....
  • mididoctors
    Front wheel impact punctures
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Kwia looking a mess
  • mididoctors
    Selection made
  • mididoctors
    Unexpected move Dylan
  • mididoctors
    Riveting watch ... Who's going to win ?
  • mididoctors
    3rd puncture ?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,923
    Wout & Mohoric both puncture