Hilly Classics 2022 ***Spoilers***

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    edited April 2022
    I stand corrected on my usage of the word 'sandbagging'.

I still don't like Kwiatkowski.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited April 2022
    Wednesday is going to be a busy day, with the Queen stage in Turkey, Sicily and also, more importantly, the 62nd De Brabantse Pijl - La Flèche Brabançonne, over 205 hilly kilometres.

The race sees the arrival of the Quick Step "names".

Top competitors

ALAPHILIPPE Julian
    EVENEPOEL Remco
    COSNEFROY Benoît
    MATTHEWS Michael
    KWIATOKOWSKI Michal
    PIDCOCK Tom
    TRENTIN Matteo
    HIRSCHI Marc
    BARGUIL Warren
    COVI Alessandro
    TEUNS Dylan
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    I think Kwiat is down, too.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    G said at Basque Remco was saying how important this race was for him as it passes when he lives. So I imagine he'll be full gas all day.
  • blazing_saddles
    edited April 2022
    Evenepoel physically shoving Ineos riders out of the way.....

Adam Blythe calls him a spoiled brat over the comms. B)
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Brabantse looks fun today - wet and windy altho it's drying now?
    2 guys off the front with sub minute gap.
    Chasing group of about 8 or 9 including Ben Turner and Magnus Sheffield I think as well as Remco. Then, as Sheffield I think it was was going through on Campaneart's wheel Remco then shoved the Ineos's rider's at his left hip as if he wanted to take the wheel. Why ? Blythe not impressed.
    3 laps of the finishing circuit remain.
  • 50x11
    edited April 2022

Should be DQ'd, would have already happened if it was the other way. Why does he think he deserved to be on that wheel and not Turner?

There is so little to like about Remco.
  • 50x11
    He's been given an "official warning".

If that was Turner on Remco, he'd have been out of there and fined in seconds, with Holm charging about swearing and shouting about respect to anyone who can listen.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804
    Ben turner the new Ian stannard
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    50x11 said:

Should be DQ'd, would have already happened if it was the other way. Why does he think he deserved to be on that wheel and not Turner?

There is so little to like about Remco.

I put it down to youth . He is just a kid ...but he needs to grow up quick
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,603
    km to go?
  • mididoctors
    Ouffff that looks hard
  • andyrr
    Blythe's initial comment was '... what a brat', not sure why he did it, didn't appear like the Ineos rider left much of a gap at all plus their group was being brought back by the main chasing group/remains of peloton.
    Remco driving yet again with 52kms left - chasing Turner who's off the front now, - missed that happening. Campanaerts tries to get on his wheel, Pidcock also reacts.
    It's all kicking off, splits all over the place now.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,481

km to go?

• 50x11
    Remco dropped
  • blazing_saddles
    Remco put himself in the gutter with pointless attacks
  • andyrr
    Remco dropped from front group, Ineos have 3 at the pointy bit. Karma for the wunderkid!
  • blazing_saddles
    Pidcock’s turn to struggle
  • mididoctors
    Bit of a race brewing here
  • 50x11
    Looks like he missed the move, more than dropped. big group, multiple attacks from Ineos/Remco.
  • Pross
    Was distracted doing some work, can't work out how they let Remco get back as it was becoming quite a sizeable gap and I would have thought they front riders would have gone hard to stop him closing.
  • Pross

Pidcock’s turn to struggle

Looked a bit like he did on the cobbled climbs at the end of RVV, whilst he's been at the head of recent races he doesn't look to be at his best.
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Was distracted doing some work, can't work out how they let Remco get back as it was becoming quite a sizeable gap and I would have thought they front riders would have gone hard to stop him closing.

Pidcock is suffering I think that stalled the effort a bit
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Wellens has this. The other 6 are all past, current or future DeadCalm Team My Man.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • mididoctors
    DQS car takes out alaphillpe by proxy
  • Pross
    WTF were the riders up to there? It was quite clear the cars were coming through.
  • 50x11
    edited April 2022
    Crash in peloton

Lulu holding his arm like he's done his collar bone or shoulder injury but gets on a rides. So maybe just a sore one
  • mididoctors
    On the limit ... Cars trying to reach there riders in the break 20 k to go
  • blazing_saddles
    edited April 2022
    Finishing line is not the best spot to send team cars through
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

WTF were the riders up to there? It was quite clear the cars were coming through.

Riders zoned out on the limit