RVV 2022 - May contain *Spoilers*

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    MattFalle said:

WTAF was Pog doing?

I thought he was doing everything right in keeping riding to the line and not giving mvdp a rest before the sprint, and then he gave him a rest before the sprint. I don't really think he could have outsprinted him anyway today, but definitely not with that last km.

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    There's a rain drop on the camera that looked like a deer running into the road on the way to Paterberg. Was a bit of a heart in mouth moment.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    AvV can’t shift Kopecky.
    SD Works have two against her and Lotte is much faster in a sprint.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I thought it was all over once they came out of the Paterberg together for the last time and that Pog, whilst trying to take any opportunity that preseneted itself was racing for 2nd. To screw up that finish was pretty silly.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Kopecky takes it easy... wasn't much jeopardy in that!
  • blazing_saddles
    edited April 2022
    The rear shots told the story.
    A good big one will always beat a good little one.
    Belgium get a winner with Kopecky, who now has two big ones to her name.
  • Fark me.
    I don’t know what the situation is with Rob Hatch, but he’s nowhere to be found atm.

Yes folks, it’s going to Kirby crucifying yet another Classic.
    McEwen, Blythe and Lloyd will be the co commentary back up.

The news has pretty much ruined my super Sunday.

Brace yourself…..there is a world outside GCN/Eurosport.
    I know and for may years, I used to live there. It's called Sporza.
    Sorry for being an arse. He was doing the world feed.
  • AvV can’t shift Kopecky.
    SD Works have two against her and Lotte is much faster in a sprint.

Can’t believe a**e is censored.

Anyway, you’d say the same about Vollering at Omloop HN but I think Van Den Broek Blaak’s presence made it a certainty here.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    Love to see Lotte get the win there. Have to admit I was struggling to follow after the beers...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Big numbers... 40% better than my best 1 minute and 5 minute...
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,436
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Meh. Not sure anything Pog could have done differently in the sprint. 99 times out of 100 MDVP beats him. Though it seemed to me there was a moment Pog could have went on the inside just before they were caught.

His achilles heel, preventing him from winning *everything* is he can't generate enough power to drop both WVA and MDVP on shorter steeper climbs.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864

Meh. Not sure anything Pog could have done differently in the sprint. 99 times out of 100 MDVP beats him. Though it seemed to me there was a moment Pog could have went on the inside just before they were caught.

His achilles heel, preventing him from winning *everything* is he can't generate enough power to drop both WVA and MDVP on shorter steeper climbs.

He nearly dropped him
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157

His mistake in the sprint was letting two more join in (obvs). But due to that he never really got to sprint. I fancied his changes against a tired MVDP.

The problem with Pogacar is he's not experienced so he attacks at the obvious points. If he rides these races more he may see other opportunities.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360

He nearly dropped him
    Yes, Pog had to drop MvdP on a climb.
    He is a tour rider and doesn't quite have the engine for 272km's where you leave everything on the road. Strada Bianche was only 136km's.
    It's only a matter of time...

WvA vs MvdP Roubaix (with any luck)?

I thought what with MvdP missing most of the cross season after surgery that he wouldn't back to peak very quickly but how wrong was I.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Ineos finally got on the podium of Flanders. I think this was the only major race they'd not been on the podium.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    RichN95. said:

Ineos finally got on the podium of Flanders. I think this was the only major race they'd not been on the podium.

now this is grasping at straws.

i'm not gonna mention the "P" as as Pross has very kindly pointed it out above.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,932
    MvdP's Flanders results: 4, 1, 2, 1
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    pinno said:

He nearly dropped him
    He is a tour rider and doesn't quite have the engine for 272km's where you leave everything on the road. Strada Bianche was only 136km's.

I thought what with MvdP missing most of the cross season after surgery that he wouldn't back to peak very quickly but how wrong was I.
    Strade Bianche was 184 kms this year. It's still not long enough to make it on par with the actual monuments.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    pinno said:

He nearly dropped him

Doubt that was peak MvdP but good enough.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415

Little bit of kidology from MvdP with a few K’s to go might have played a part. Very deliberately slapping his thighs in front of Pog. Pog then thinking I can take jelly legs in the sprint.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    When MvdP lost the wheel in a dodgy bit on the paterberg and clawed it back it was clear he had some left in the tank for the sprint.

Also the fact that the chasers made ground after the hill before the final km suggests both were sandbagging a bit.
  • blazing_saddles
    andyp said:

pinno said:

He nearly dropped him

Strade Bianche was 184 kms this year. It's still not long enough to make it on par with the actual monuments.
    Pinno has the right distance, but the wrong gender.
    Woman’s race was 136km
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,864
    If pog hadnt crashed and saved a bit of glycogen with better positioning .. a few minor improvements here and there he may have just got away .

In the sprint MvdP out rode and out thought him. Mvdp said he was the strongest .

Mvdp deserves credit for that .
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    I like how pissed off Pog was as well. Properly incensed about losing.

A few people called it petulant - but to me it shows the humanity and how important these things are. I hope he comes back stronger next time.

Glad MvdP won, though.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

A few people called it petulant - but to me it shows the humanity and how important these things are. I hope he comes back stronger next time.

Glad MvdP won, though.

this completely.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    MvdP - Dwars and Flanders in the same week. He can't be far off peak, surely. 450km's of tough racing.
    He looked more mashed on Wednesday than he did yesterday.

A wet Roubaix please...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132

Glad MvdP won, though.

I think it's good - it shows he cares, and thinks he should/could have won.

The best current Road rider v the best All round cyclist....it's about as good as it gets. (not withstanding a sick Wout)
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."