RVV 2022 - May contain *Spoilers*

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Mad_Malx said:

Robbie managing to limit CK time

I think having McEwen and Dan Lloyd there is actually limiting Kirby quite well - they both have a lot of useful input so there's not as much dead time for Kirby to waffle into
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,384
    Time for a game of Who's Lefèvre going to blame this time..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,554
    Still a two horse race.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,776
    That looked really painful
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    Good effort by Van Baarle and Wright to hang on the back there... but you've got to think it's between Pog and MvdP from here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Good effort by Van Baarle and Wright to hang on the back there... but you've got to think it's between Pog and MvdP from here.

yup - I'm probably jinxing it and vdP and P will now crash into wach other, but yup: last 15k and they'll just ride off?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    Starting to think MF's recent assessment of Pidcock wasn't far off. He looked to be the point where the elastic snapped when MvdP, Pog and Madouas rode off but was possibly Kung in front of him (Kung also seemed keen to get in his way a couple of times).
  • MattFalle
    Pross said:

Starting to think MF's recent assessment of Pidcock wasn't far off. He looked to be the point where the elastic snapped when MvdP, Pog and Madouas rode off but was possibly Kung in front of him (Kung also seemed keen to get in his way a couple of times).

lets not jinx me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Pross
    Front 5 have got this, JV suddenly look a lot weaker than they have done all season and Quickstep looking a spent force
  • bobmcstuff
    Pross said:

Well he does also have Van Baarle up the road at the moment, that was my assessment anyway (not that I think he is in the same tier as MvdP and Pog for this race).

G2 isn't working well, gap going up.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    It's a funny old game.
    G2 marking each other out, but up front, with the two hot favourites, it's all peace and cooperation.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,001
    This is an impressive ride for Wright
  • MattFalle
    MvdP and Pog 1/2 - could go either way, heart says my man will storm it, P second, Wrigh 5th, scrappy for 3rd between the last two.
  • Pross

Pross said:

Well he does also have Van Baarle up the road at the moment, that was my assessment anyway (not that I think he is in the same tier as MvdP and Pog for this race).

He looked pretty keen to follow at the time but had just let the gap go too much. I think it may have been Kung that let the initial gap go though possibly as Madouas had followed.
  • Pross
    Given the lack of teams in the front group I really don't get why group 2 aren't more organised in their pursuit.
  • MattFalle
    Pross said:

Pross said:

He looked pretty keen to follow at the time but had just let the gap go too much. I think it may have been Kung that let the initial gap go though possibly as Madouas had followed.
    looking keen to do somethibg and actually be able to do something are two completely different things.

many want to make love to TDNFNATN but I am the only one who can.
  • The sponsor Whoosh on Pog's backside is just so funny to me
  • bobmcstuff
    I like Benoot. He always looks like he is giving it the beans.
  • MattFalle
    vdP and P just looking so smoooooth.

just hacking along, just a Sunday ride, heading to the pub.
  • Pross
    Is that Connor Swift trying to bridge to group 2? Having a good race.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    Belgians a bit flat in the booth. No 🇧🇪 in the hunt
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    Pog turns the heat on right at the bottom of OK #3
  • bobmcstuff
    DvB dropped a bit
  • Pross
    Van Baarle pops, Wright closes the gap but follows suit and Madouas now going leaving the big 2.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    Dear me, could they not see that coming?
    2 left.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,192
    Pogacar pops all but MvdP
  • bobmcstuff
    All now distanced except MvdP - Pog turned it up there.

I guess they may get back on but they won't make it up the next climb.

17km to go
  • bobmcstuff
    You know Pog is going for it when MvdP looks like he's rolling...

Interesting dynamic as you would assume MvdP has the advantage know the flat but Pog on the climbs.
  • I know we all knew it was coming, but it’s no less impressive to watch for it. So, so strong.
  • Pross

Dear me, could they not see that coming?
    2 left.

I'm sure they saw it but would anyone expect them to go with it?