113th Milan - Sanremo - 293 km ***Spoilers***

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    tbh, its building up to be quite good fun.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    As a complete novice to betting on line, do I get my stake back if my rider doesn’t start?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    I can't past Van Aert for this. So much so that I've bet a tenner on him (2/1). A fiver each way on Ganna (20/1)

(I've been at Cheltenham today so have the betting bug for a while)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    RichN95. said:

I can't past Van Aert for this. So much so that I've bet a tenner on him (2/1). A fiver each way on Ganna (20/1)

I think Ewan being off sick is massive for van Aert's chances.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • As a complete novice to betting on line, do I get my stake back if my rider doesn’t start?

Yes, it should void the bet
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    PCS have a nice preview piece for the stats nerds among us:

https://www.procyclingstats.com/article/preview-milano-sanremo
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    Interesting thread about how the current wave of sickness in the peloton coincides with the loosening of covid protocols

• phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,906
    gsk82 said:

RichN95. said:

It will depend if anyone has any team mates after the Poggio I think, as without that it can be the case that someone relatively unheralded gets off the front as no one will work to pull them back for WvA. It's perhaps notable that there hasn't been a single multiple times winner since Freire in 2010, and he's the only rider that has won it more than once in the past 20 years.

In many ways it is the most predictable race on the calendar but it produces the most unpredictable list of winners.
  • blazing_saddles
    phreak said:

gsk82 said:

RichN95. said:

It will depend if anyone has any team mates after the Poggio I think, as without that it can be the case that someone relatively unheralded gets off the front as no one will work to pull them back for WvA. It's perhaps notable that there hasn't been a single multiple times winner since Freire in 2010, and he's the only rider that has won it more than once in the past 20 years.

In many ways it is the most predictable race on the calendar but it produces the most unpredictable list of winners.
    I would expect there to be 3 Jumbo riders left after the Poggio.
    If there aren't, then I can give the reason in one word: Pogacar.
  • blazing_saddles
    Well, that's made my decision for me. Kirby is on comms, he's already doing his first run through of half the peloton "being in the house" for the win and they have left the neutral zone yet.

So, I shall enjoy the sunshine and watch the rugby, before catching the final hour and the inevitable screaming descent off the Poggio.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    What time is the finale?
  • Mad_Malx said:

What time is the finale?

Just after 3pm for the Cipressa onwards
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,931
    Very odd. GCN on fire stick no issues. GCN on Android pad no English commentary. Long list of other languages but no English (and yes I'm fully aware most of you lot would consider that a selling point with CK on comms)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Timings (CET) here.

My plan is to check them on Turchino, watch the Arsenal match and then see them from the Capi on
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,692
    I may not be up after all I have got the faintest of faint lines on my test so hoping by the arvo I will be freeeeeeeee
  • MattFalle
    what time does it start on Eurosport gents? gotta go and sort something until 1:15, don't want to miss too much.
  • blazing_saddles
    MattFalle said:

what time does it start on Eurosport gents? gotta go and sort something until 1:15, don't want to miss too much.

The whole race is live, so you've already missed the first 75kms.

I am about to go out, so just checked Eurosport to find it's still Kirby and McEwen and they are still doing the start list whataboutary. FFS.
  • MattFalle said:

I am about to go out, so just checked Eurosport to find it's still Kirby and McEwen and they are still doing the start list whataboutary. FFS.
    Rob Hatch is on now

Rob Hatch, is on now

• blazing_saddles

MattFalle said:

Rob Hatch is on now

Rob Hatch, is on now

Kirby has gone for a Crunchie. No sure if that's a euphemism.

Averaging 45.5kph, so mercifully the finale should arrive sooner rather than later.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

Grazie!

I'll hit the rewind function and go back as far as poss - may only end up missing 5/10k hopefully
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Looks like the raver household has joined the Pro Race Covid Club...

We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860

MattFalle said:

I laughed when I saw they were showing the whole thing
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,860
    I just got back in
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    WTF is this. Popped out to a nearby street food van to grab lunch - figured that was the least corona spreading option.

So not only can I not order verbally, but I have to go up to the van, scan in the QR code, order the food online.

Even worse, the “next available pick up time” is 12:45.

I’m literally standing in front of you with my wallet ffs.

More scintillating updates on my tragic life as they come.
  • rick_chasey
    Quite windy here so if I angle my head the wrong way my cap flies off my head.

Curious how this will work with the packaging for my burger.
  • rick_chasey
    ddraver said:

Looks like the raver household has joined the Pro Race Covid Club...

Again?!
  • Quite windy here so if I angle my head the wrong way my cap flies off my head.

Curious how this will work with the packaging for my burger.

Hungry now…
  • rick_chasey
    Filippo Conca (ITA)
    Filippo Tagliani (ITA)
    Ricardo Zurita (SPA)
    Samuele Rivi (ITA)
    Artyom Zakharov (KAZ)
    Alessandro Tonelli (ITA)
    Diego Pablo Sevilla (SPA)
    Yevgeniy Gidich (KAZ)

Is the break at 6”22 with 147km to go
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Missed the Turchino, did anyone struggle?
    They're way ahead of schedule
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Scanning the interviews on Belgian TV and I’m always amused how many of them talk in TV terms.

“You want to be out of shot for as long as possible until the right moment and then you want to stay there in shot” to badly translate