Gazprom suspended

1235»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150

RichN95. said:

Ryan Giggs was never eligible to play for England he played for English school because he went to an English school, but none of his family was English. He could have played for Sierra Leone though

What are the residency rules in football?
    There is an agreement between the home nations that a player can't qualify solely via residency if they are eligible for one of the other home nations.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Well he played for England schoolboys then rejected a change to enable him to play for England, but for sake of argument change Ryan Giggs for Simone Perrotta in the above
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

So as I said, a passport is not required if you can prove nationality, which can be done through birth certificates of parents and grandparents.

My son has Australian citizenship but doesn't have an Aussie passport.
    He has a British passport.
    He is also applying for Irish citizenship (through my mother's place of birth).

He could compete for England, Ireland or Australia even though only holding a British passport.

I can claim NZ citizenship (would be handy if I ever wanted to work in Aus), although I haven't. I think I can also get an Irish passport, although they've made that harder.

I'm British though.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    This thread to me reads like anyone who happened to get born in any part of the dUK therefore has to be a mandatory supporter of Spaffer and Grease-Smug. Eh, no ta.