Gazprom suspended

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    MattFalle said:

Stance on Sivakov, MF?

As of March this year he's stopped riding for Russia and has been outspoken against the war and Russia's aggression, so I think he's fine. He's allowed nice things like riding in big international bike races, nor does he ride for a company which is owned entirely by the Russian state and is part of the geopolitical apparatus that the Kremlin uses to put pressure on other nations.
    no. wrong. you can't pixk and choose Rick, it doesn't work like that.

The Russians aren't picking and choosing when they are executing, toturing and raping people.
    They probably are
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Surely we should support Russians who disown Putin's war?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

MattFalle said:

Stance on Sivakov, MF?

As of March this year he's stopped riding for Russia and has been outspoken against the war and Russia's aggression, so I think he's fine. He's allowed nice things like riding in big international bike races, nor does he ride for a company which is owned entirely by the Russian state and is part of the geopolitical apparatus that the Kremlin uses to put pressure on other nations.

The Russians aren't picking and choosing when they are executing, toturing and raping people.
    They probably are
    nah, thay're not.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • mididoctors
    MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Stance on Sivakov, MF?

They probably are
    nah, thay're not.
    They are not picking or choosing ? What are they doing,? using a raffle system? Flipping a coin ?
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

MattFalle said:

Stance on Sivakov, MF?

They probably are
    nah, thay're not.
    They are not picking or choosing ? What are they doing,? using a raffle system? Flipping a coin ?
    they're just shooting anyone they fancy.

you honestly think there is a rationale behind what they're doing?

seriously?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Ooh I'm glad my comment caused a kickoff, but 55 posts was more than I was expecting!

Born in Italy and lived mostly in France. Outspoken against the war.

Surely we should support Russians who disown Putin's war?

Tends to be my view. Since if they're that outspoken against Putin/the war they probably can't go back to Russia either, so they'll be in a bit of a Catch-22 situation.
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2022
    see what you did???? 😂😂😂😂😂

outspoken against the war since March although it started in mid Feb but happy to have supported Putin for the past 10 years that includes Crimea, Mali, all the Wagner schnizzle.

So nothing to at all just to do with keeping his contract, no......

ok then.
  • MattFalle
    He wouldn't go back to Russia anyway as he's based in western Europe earning a nice mill or so a year.

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,754
    Just searched and the proms are letting Russian musicians play as long as they aren't pro-putin.
  • MattFalle
    ballet still banned?
  • kingstongraham
    MattFalle said:

ballet still banned?

Not individuals. Natalia Osipova still at the Royal ballet, and upcoming at the southbank.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,515
    Just a clarification - if you've been on holiday to Russia or bought something from Russia, and thereby propped up Putin, are you allowed to ride a bike?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,958

Just a clarification - if you've been on holiday to Russia or bought something from Russia, and thereby propped up Putin, are you allowed to ride a bike?

I must confess to having drunk a more than reasonable amount of vodka.
    Am I to be banished?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle

on if you have Ultegra and Hunts
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    That Matrushka (sp?) Doll I bought granny raver is looking more and more damning by the day
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,384
    I owned a Zenit camera once.

I do like how the MFs things they know what passport someone who has spent pretty much all his life in France has.
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2022

I do like how the MFs things they know what passport someone who has spent pretty much all his life in France has.

How do you mean?

Are you questioning he's got a Russian passport?

Is that a serious question?
  • Dorset_Boy
    MattFalle said:

How do you mean?

It is perfectly possible that he doesn't have a Russian passport.
    Holding a passport is not (afaik) a pre-requiste to representing a country at sport. You need to hold citizenship or prove the appropriate relative was born in said country.
  • MattFalle
    So,

Russian parents
    Russian citizenship
    Representing Russia
    Russian nationality

And

Its Russia

He'll have a Russian passport.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,638
    Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but what if he also has a FRENCH passport?
  • MattFalle

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, but what if he also has a FRENCH passport?

Thb, I think I read that he has dual nationality but, much like Ryan Giggs and Wales, it seems he chose Russia (or Wales in Giggs' case) as his primary country over France (or England, in Giggs' case)

So Russian at heart supportive of Putin over the past 10 or so years.
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

How do you mean?

It is perfectly possible that he doesn't have a Russian passport.
    Holding a passport is not (afaik) a pre-requiste to representing a country at sport. You need to hold citizenship or prove the appropriate relative was born in said country.
    Incorrect as per MF's post - see 3.2 as attached.

• MattFalle
    just seen that piccies rubbish - heres the link, drill down to eligibility and rules

https://www.uksport.gov.uk/resources/eligibility
  • Dorset_Boy
    edited May 2022
    So as I said, a passport is not required if you can prove nationality, which can be done through birth certificates of parents and grandparents.

My son has Australian citizenship but doesn't have an Aussie passport.
    He has a British passport.
    He is also applying for Irish citizenship (through my mother's place of birth).

He could compete for England, Ireland or Australia even though only holding a British passport.
  • MattFalle
  • Dorset_Boy
    edited May 2022
    MattFalle said:

You need to re-read it.

"The Athlete must be a British national or British passport holder"
    Not 'AND'
  • MattFalle
    Mate

Its Russia

He's Russian with a Russian passport.

I'd be more worried about his military service record if I were you.....
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Ryan Giggs was never eligible to play for England he played for English school because he went to an English school, but none of his family was English. He could have played for Sierra Leone though
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • kingstongraham
    RichN95. said:

Ryan Giggs was never eligible to play for England he played for English school because he went to an English school, but none of his family was English. He could have played for Sierra Leone though

What are the residency rules in football?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,515

RichN95. said:

What are the residency rules in football?
    Five years from 18 I think, but it has moved around a lot. It is to stop countries naturalising good footballers to boost their football teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_eligibility_rules