Cadex, I hear you say? 2nd coolest bike on here, you say?

12467

Comments

  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,241
    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    MattFalle said:

    masjer said:

    I've done full car resprays, so I would lecture too much.

    thankyou, we will.

    my father did full car resprays as well. he was a chef/cowboy at handiwork stuff.

    they turned out as well as yours probably did.


    Falles Garages?
    I've never had to take any car I've owned to a garage *(for repairs)*, so I must be doing something right.
    You've never had a car more than 3 years old and invalidated warranty, or never had an MOT? Or fixed as above?
    #confused
    It seems clear to me:I've never had to take any car I've owned to a garage, so I must be doing something right. Fixed just about everything else I've ever owned too.
    Yes, cars have been MOTed , not sure that means `taking it to the garage` (MOT station)
    Yeahbut, that's a separate sentence, separate point. I read things literally. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,462
    Fixed just about everything else I've ever owned too
    Too- meaning as well as.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,048
    masjer said:

    Did you use acid etch primer and the aluminium bits?

    masjer said:

    Fixed just about everything else I've ever owned too
    Too- meaning as well as.

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    MattFalle said:

    masjer said:

    I've done full car resprays, so I would lecture too much.

    thankyou, we will.

    my father did full car resprays as well. he was a chef/cowboy at handiwork stuff.

    they turned out as well as yours probably did.


    Falles Garages?
    I've never had to take any car I've owned to a garage *(for repairs)*, so I must be doing something right.
    You've never had a car more than 3 years old and invalidated warranty, or never had an MOT? Or fixed as above?
    #confused
    It seems clear to me:I've never had to take any car I've owned to a garage, so I must be doing something right. Fixed just about everything else I've ever owned too.
    Yes, cars have been MOTed , not sure that means `taking it to the garage` (MOT station)
    Do you use a mig or a tig?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,462
    Arc, Mig no Tig although I'd like to.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited February 2022
    MattFalle said:

    Ben6899 said:

    Hand built onto carbon rims?

    i do have the matching Dura Ace wheels in the loft - the C35 carbon rimmed climbing jobbies that cost a billion pounds and weigh nothing.

    the rims are worn out but the hubs are perfect so maybe in due course.

    It isn’t a Dura Ace wheel unless the rim's gone.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ben6899 said:

    MattFalle said:

    Ben6899 said:

    Hand built onto carbon rims?

    i do have the matching Dura Ace wheels in the loft - the C35 carbon rimmed climbing jobbies that cost a billion pounds and weigh nothing.

    the rims are worn out but the hubs are perfect so maybe in due course.

    It isn’t a Dura Ace wheel unless the rim's gone.
    😂😂

    the hubs are lovely - really really nice.

    a friend is going to lace them onto some carbon deep rims but that won't happen until the end of the year as they are away getting shot at, which is inconvenient on both counts.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,462
    edited February 2022
    MattFalle said:

    image


    It isn’t a Dura Ace wheel unless the rim's gone.

    😂😂

    the hubs are lovely - really really nice.

    a friend is going to lace them onto some carbon deep rims but that won't happen until the end of the year as they are away getting shot at, which is inconvenient on both counts.

    Why do you need your friend to build your wheels. Surely the great MF of the bike world could do it?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,172
    MattFalle said:


    a friend is going to lace them onto some carbon deep rims but that won't happen until the end of the year as they are away getting shot at, which is inconvenient on both counts.

    Why is someone shooting at deep carbon rims?
    #confused
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,241

    MattFalle said:


    a friend is going to lace them onto some carbon deep rims but that won't happen until the end of the year as they are away getting shot at, which is inconvenient on both counts.

    Why is someone shooting at deep carbon rims?
    #confused
    ? Wheelbuilder is away getting shot at. Maybe.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    pblakeney said:

    MattFalle said:


    a friend is going to lace them onto some carbon deep rims but that won't happen until the end of the year as they are away getting shot at, which is inconvenient on both counts.

    Why is someone shooting at deep carbon rims?
    #confused
    ? Wheelbuilder is away getting shot at. Maybe.
    this, not that.

    hth
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

    MattFalle said:


    a friend is going to lace them onto some carbon deep rims but that won't happen until the end of the year as they are away getting shot at, which is inconvenient on both counts.

    Why is someone shooting at deep carbon rims?
    #confused
    because they are scared of their POWER
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited February 2022
    Double post. FFS
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,462
    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,241
    edited February 2022
    masjer said:

    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.

    Currently in the hottest of cold wars in the past 60 years.
    RAF scrambled today to meet Russian aircraft for example.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited February 2022
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,462
    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.

    Currently in the hottest of cold wars in the past 60 years.
    RAF scrambled today to meet Russian aircraft for example.
    Cold war , cold being the operative word. Let's hope it stays this way!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,241
    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.

    Currently in the hottest of cold wars in the past 60 years.
    RAF scrambled today to meet Russian aircraft for example.
    Cold war , cold being the operative word. Let's hope it stays this way!
    Hope, but people are already there. Ready to be shot at.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,462
    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.

    Currently in the hottest of cold wars in the past 60 years.
    RAF scrambled today to meet Russian aircraft for example.
    Cold war , cold being the operative word. Let's hope it stays this way!
    Hope, but people are already there. Ready to be shot at.
    So this wheelbuilder is a Ukrainian?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 71,614
    Erm, what day are we on here?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,241
    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.

    Currently in the hottest of cold wars in the past 60 years.
    RAF scrambled today to meet Russian aircraft for example.
    Cold war , cold being the operative word. Let's hope it stays this way!
    Hope, but people are already there. Ready to be shot at.
    So this wheelbuilder is a Ukrainian?
    Just in case you are not keeping up with the latest developments, UK personnel are already there and more on the way.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,172

    Erm, what day are we on here?

    411
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,462
    edited February 2022
    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.

    Currently in the hottest of cold wars in the past 60 years.
    RAF scrambled today to meet Russian aircraft for example.
    Cold war , cold being the operative word. Let's hope it stays this way!
    Hope, but people are already there. Ready to be shot at.
    So this wheelbuilder is a Ukrainian?
    Just in case you are not keeping up with the latest developments, UK personnel are already there and more on the way.
    100 uk troops in the Ukraine on weapons training. 900 on the Estonia/Polish border.
    No UK military/Nato is there to engage the Russians (thank God).
    Here's the foreign secretary's view if you want to keep up to date:
    https://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60188690
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,312
    My specialized was too big. We should have swapped. Damn.
  • masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.

    Currently in the hottest of cold wars in the past 60 years.
    RAF scrambled today to meet Russian aircraft for example.
    Cold war , cold being the operative word. Let's hope it stays this way!
    Hope, but people are already there. Ready to be shot at.
    So this wheelbuilder is a Ukrainian?
    Just in case you are not keeping up with the latest developments, UK personnel are already there and more on the way.
    100 uk troops in the Ukraine on weapons training. 900 on the Estonia/Polish border.
    No UK military/Nato is there to engage the Russians (thank God).
    Here's the foreign secretary's view if you want to keep up to date:
    https://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60188690
    advisors... note they are not Dutch
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited February 2022
    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    pblakeney said:

    masjer said:

    Unless this friend is a model, I don't see how he can be shot unless we're in a war I don't know about.

    Currently in the hottest of cold wars in the past 60 years.
    RAF scrambled today to meet Russian aircraft for example.
    Cold war , cold being the operative word. Let's hope it stays this way!
    Hope, but people are already there. Ready to be shot at.
    So this wheelbuilder is a Ukrainian?
    Just in case you are not keeping up with the latest developments, UK personnel are already there and more on the way.
    shitpictures, mega cool bike though.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Anyhow, today's shenanigans.

    I had a load of running round to do, so all I had the chance to do was hoover and mop the oubliette and move the Cadex, or Le Poisson as it is now known, to the gym.

    i also thought about bolts - at the moment it has new stainless dome head allen bolts however id ti going too far? aluminium in non load bearing places?

    deffo sticking with silver though.

    also ordered some silver stem spacers to cover that fugly gap.

    watch this space.
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Question is though, sunny weather bike only or not?

    although its been checked for delamination, etc and all 2Pak Shakur'd up, it is carbon and old carbon at that, so will the weather affect its integrity?

    We all know that modern carbon has its, how shall we say, idisyncracies, but a beautiful classic such as this?

    waddya say hive mind?
    .
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.