TDF 2021: Stage 17 Muret > Saint-Lary-Soulan Col du Portet 178.4 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    I've barely watched ITV this year, though I listen to the podcast. It's generally a more interesting analysis of the stage than you get on the highlights.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,801
    I got a hunch that a frenchman won't win today
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pogacar's gonna take at least a minute at the end of this, isn't he?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,473
    Hatch asking what I've been wondering since turning on. Why did those chasing KOM points allow the break to get such a big lead? I would have thought they'd would want to pull them back on the early slopes of the first climb.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited July 2021
    It's the Tour - teams always assume another team will come along and do the work for them.

Slightly irritatingly, they're usually right.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Pross said:

Hatch asking what I've been wondering since turning on. Why did those chasing KOM points allow the break to get such a big lead? I would have thought they'd would want to pull them back on the early slopes of the first climb.

fear
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    NHS rave advert looked cool.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,565
    Super use of super this year. I think it is beating full gas.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Cavendish doesn't really go hard for the intermediate, surrenders just the point to Matthews.
  • mididoctors
    Oh dear israel start up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Anyone else instantly convert numbers of Arkea riders to a number of thirds? Sounds much more impressive to have two thirds of their team off the front than just two riders.
  • Pross
    Kwia in the bus
  • mididoctors
    Com on Latour ghost it
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Kwia in the bus

Looks a bit try tomorrow vibe
  • mididoctors
    I remember these trees lining the road as saplings
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,729
    It is a nice view down from that last hairpin.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,729
    Pog on a cafe run, everyone else blowing already.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Pogacar should be fined for having really bad helmet hair.

I have zzzzzzz the whole length of the Peyresourde.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    edited July 2021

Anyone else instantly convert numbers of Arkea riders to a number of thirds?

I worked for Arkea in Brest. Very nice people, the sponsors not the cycling team. It is a bank with a big back office in Brest. After checking in I spent a week with them and I was able to come and go to the office they lent me as I pleased with no faff about security or anything.

So if anyone is ever offered a job in Brest with Arkea, take it. The locals were very friendly too but the town is a bit of a dump, a bit like Cardiff really, without the castle.

BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308
    Rolf Sørensen complaining the pancake house at the top of the first climb has put prices up for the Tour
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    Profit vans ...pop up baguettes from.car boots
  • Pross
    Team Sky c. 2012-2015 have returned to the Tour
  • Pross
    TGH got back then but is still clinging on by his fingernails
  • mididoctors
    Latour is just humiliating all.of France tbh ...pack it in
  • Pross
    Martin dropped
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited July 2021
    "And you can see what it means for France generally," say Carlton, convinced that the hopes of a nation are best expressed as two inflatable chickens and a fellow being abducted by a blow-up alien.

• Pross
    According to Wiggins Michael Hirschi is dropped. Is he Marc's brother?
  • Pross
    Nice climb (to look at)
  • mididoctors
    Pross said:

Martin dropped

Left his legs at the giro
  • Pross
    UAE seem to have burned a lot of riders without shedding many of the GC riders.

Nasty little descent this.