TDF 2021:- Stage 10, Albertville > Valence 190.7 km**Spoilers**

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Chute. All of Ineos down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Ineos and Jumbo down on some street furniture.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,845
    Ineos on the deck
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,497
    edited July 2021
    Another crash. Was that 5 of Ineos involved?
  • mididoctors
    singleton said:

Another crash. Was that 5 of Ineos involved?

Not serious ...
    Look deflated and tired
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Broad straight road, traffic island narrowing, standard boring sprint stage Chute
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    The chat about Porte's history makes me realise that Ineos really do have a fondness for a certain kind of rider.
  • blazing_saddles
    Porte came off worse by the looks.
    I am surprised that Geraint Thomas and Tony Martin were both involved in a crash.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,241

ITV 4 talking about carbon footprint and global warming.
    Yes normal TDF service has been resumed

You'd have thought there was enough in pro-cycling to talk about that without having to go into such dry tangential issues which also serve to make you feel guilty
    They just trumped it during the ad break with one for "Pure Cremations"! :D
    That's on ES all the time. Was one of the main reasons I stumped up for the ES player.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,681

The chat about Porte's history makes me realise that Ineos really do have a fondness for a certain kind of rider.

...which is?
  • mididoctors
    This is my favourite area of France ... Skirting the dept drome
  • No_Ta_Doctor

...which is?
    Riders that follow the tarmac diet?
  • rick_chasey
    Aha. Sorry. Slow.
  • mididoctors
    Some gutter to gutter half wheeling action
  • mididoctors
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Speed's gone up, gap come down
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    I think that's causing a little tension in the peloton, still possible rain & crosswind
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,202
    One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow...
  • mididoctors
    Wind is just not strong enough
  • mididoctors
    Ineos sliding in
  • rick_chasey
    edited July 2021

Speed's gone up, gap come down

From afar it looks like the peloton is chill as it's gutter-to-gutter at the front. It's only when they zoom in and you see the body language does it look fast.

I do find it disorientating - I am so used to using the peloton shape to judge the speed.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Bike Exchange trying to make the short climb hurt for Cav
  • mididoctors
    Bike exchange gave it go ...
  • mididoctors
    Ineos not up for it?
  • blazing_saddles
    Cav climbed that with ease
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534
    Hmm, get the klaxon warm up - might be too sheltered though.
  • mididoctors
    No has the balls to go for it
  • blazing_saddles
    Both sets of commentators sound absolutely desperate for crosswinds.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Cav climbed that with ease

He seems to be climbing quite well
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    BBC has a live blog for today's stage, that's unusual I think?

Out meeting a friends baby for the first time, I'm getting told off for looking at the Tour too much!