TDF 2021: Stage 6, Tours > Châteauroux 160.6 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Surely, to get an early break like this, some heads must have got together before the kick off?
    Tactically, this has me scratching my head.
    I am wondering if at some point, some of them will start sitting on....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,804

I saw Cav in the flesh in the 2008 Tour, ahead of when he won actually, in Figeac before he set of to Toulouse to win.

Evans looked mightily stressed out. Cav rocked up last, hanging around the back of the peloton pen, noticeably fatter than the rest. He was all hair and had a really really deep tan - surprised me how tanned he looked.

did i tell you about riding with cav on a training ride he was wearing rainbow stripes
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Asgreen probably just protecting sprint points
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors

Surely, to get an early break like this, some heads must have got together before the kick off?
    Tactically, this has me scratching my head.
    I am wondering if at some point, some of them will start sitting on....

asgreen may commit
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    mrfpb said:

Are any riders going to do a lap around the block at the end to make up the Imperial Century?

They can include the neutralised zone
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    They are playing about now.
  • blazing_saddles
    No love for Asgreen
    Too high in the GC for one thing
  • mididoctors

No love for Asgreen

where is he?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,229

No love for Asgreen

where is he?
    11th @ 1:49
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,611
    edited July 2021

I saw Cav in the flesh in the 2008 Tour, ahead of when he won actually, in Figeac before he set of to Toulouse to win.

Evans looked mightily stressed out. Cav rocked up last, hanging around the back of the peloton pen, noticeably fatter than the rest. He was all hair and had a really really deep tan - surprised me how tanned he looked.

did i tell you about riding with cav on a training ride he was wearing rainbow stripes

• kingstongraham
    Impressive from asgreen to bring the 8 back together, but it looks like that's too many to all commit.
  • blazing_saddles
    Has Eddy Merckx added GVA to his will, recently?

He’s riding like a novice French wildcard
  • mididoctors

oh yeah

• blazing_saddles
    Disaster!
    Roger Kluge off the wrong end of the peloton.
    He’s throwing his chance of overall glory away.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Oy that gold helmet is annoying.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Hatch convinced that Kluge has gone off the front to chase a stage win.

Oh my sweet innocent summer child.
  • kingstongraham

Disaster!

Already building his excuse for why he can't stay with the peloton when it rolls past him. Long game.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,486
    GVA must be chuffed, not allowed to gain much with a group then ends up on his own and they sit up to leave him out there. Good training for an Olympic title defence.
  • Lanterne_Rogue

Disaster!

Na. Classic chasse patate, innit? Spend an hour on your own achieving nothing except a little bit of airtime, then go back to the bunch, slip off another couple of hours later because you're plausibly knackered.

You'll notice how Kluge is carefully pegging GVA at 30 seconds so that he doesn't have to start taking turns. Even Carlton isn't trying to claim Kluge's chasing him down...
  • Pross

Disaster!

Nah, he can sit up and go well out the back when he gets caught.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    GVA frantically looking around to try and work out how the hell Kluge hasn't caught up yet. Sean Kelly laughing his head off.
  • mididoctors
    He should just sit up completely that will trigger attacks
  • blazing_saddles
    He’d better look up or else he’s going to catch old golden bonnet
  • Pross
    Even now the peloton are refusing to let the front duo have more than 2 minutes.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,845
    Silly "Allez opi. omi!" sign woman has had the lawsuit against her by UCI dropped.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    I still rate that 2016 Rio road race as one of the greatest one day races of all time
  • Pross
    edited July 2021
    Geraint noticeably not riding bear the front with Carapaz and the main Ineos flatland domestiques.

Visited that Chateau a few years ago when we'd be staying near Saumur before heading down to the Dordogne

• mididoctors
    edited July 2021

Silly "Allez opi. omi!" sign woman has had the lawsuit against her by UCI dropped.

Yeah I think that's a bit vindictive... A stern talking too and public messaging . She is lucky thou . I didn't like the witch hunt feel of it all .like all the sins of tour crashes were because of her ... They were all gutter to gutter AGAIN which is a inherently unstable formation for the peloton
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    Pross said:

Geraint noticeably not riding bear the front with Carapaz and the main Ineos flatland domestiques.

Visited that Chateau a few years ago when we'd be staying near Saumur before heading down to the Dordogne

Is that the one across the Loir (no 'e') that in WW2 had one side in occupied france and the side in Vichy France?
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    GVA takes the solitary mountain point. Looks every bit as ecstatic about it as you'd expect.