TDF 2021: Stage 5, Changé > Laval Espace Mayenne 27.2 km **Spoilers**

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Apropos of nothing, there's been a distinct lack of cows on this Tour so far.

Correlation is not causation.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Why do gifs work for you but not for me? Tried one the other day without any luck.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832

TGH setting off now. Is he going to try and make a significant move back up the leaderboard or is he now playing the domestique role and keeping his powder dry?

And Bernie eisel has just said that he’s been told that he’s taking it easier today
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406

Why do gifs work for you but not for me? Tried one the other day without any luck.

No idea. I first save it to my desktop add it via the browse option.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Motorbike doing its best to mess up my PTP chances.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    edited June 2021

No idea. I first save it to my desktop add it via the browse option.
    Did that with no luck. Ho hum (good news for the rest of you though - overuse them at the best of times).

Bissegger has a slip - that rain's starting to affect the course.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Course is a ice rink ..oooppps
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Some GC guys are going to mess up
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Even if they don't, this could put some unexpectedly big gaps in if people ride with varying levels of caution.
  • mididoctors

Even if they don't, this could put some unexpectedly big gaps in if people ride with varying levels of caution.

That counts
  • mididoctors
    It's bucketing down
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    THE HARROWING ITV ADVERTS ARE BACK!!! 🥺😱🥺
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Is the cut off 25% for ITTs? Would put the limit at 41'15 or so currently, so not really a threat to anyone at the moment.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Apparently the Allez Omi Opi woman has been arrested
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    notable difference between ASO's treatment of her and treatment of the ASO driver responsible for Hoogerland-gate (/fence?)
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    ddraver said:

notable difference between ASO's treatment of her and treatment of the ASO driver responsible for Hoogerland-gate (/fence?)

One was an impulsive reaction and one was a premeditated moment of idiocy.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    edited June 2021
    Looks like it's a bit drier now.
    Cattaneo was 11" up on Bjerg at 1st, 3" down at 2nd, the first rider to threaten since the rain
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    My PTP this tour has been a total disaster... :(
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    Everyone's going to be wearing those stupid hats next year, aren't they?
  • ddraver

ddraver said:

You think she intended to shoulder barge Tony Martin?
    - @ddraver
  • Lanterne_Rogue

ddraver said:

Given the driver was facing forward and could see what danger he was heading into when he decided to overtake unsafely, whereas the muppet with the sign was blissfully unaware of the looming disaster until it suddenly hit her, you might need to specify which one you think is which...
  • kingstongraham
    Es commentary today is a net negative on valid information over what is displayed on screen.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    RichN95. said:

Seems a tad unfair given what she did is hardly unique. Still if it sends a message out and the charge isn't too severe I suppose it's doing something.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Moved from wrong thread...

Cattaneo goes fastest by 7"

DK coms think the wind has shifted or dropped

Küng catching his minute man Aranburu

• focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,193
    edited June 2021
    I know it's not as fast but what about all the idiot fans in the mountains? They will need a coach to arrest everybody.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    There's some fun rivalry between the 11 Danes, half of them have very decent TT form
  • kingstongraham

Moved from wrong thread...

Cattaneo goes fastest by 7"

DK coms think the wind has shifted or dropped

Küng catching his minute man Aranburu

Kung caught his two minute man Rolland
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Küng fastest by 36"
  • mididoctors
    Bissenger sabotaged by weather ..looks like it's dried up for Kung
  • mididoctors

RichN95. said:

Seems a tad unfair given what she did is hardly unique. Still if it sends a message out and the charge isn't too severe I suppose it's doing something.
    I feel a bit too but she fled the scene .... They need to send a message I guess . This sort of thing is never consistent . Selfie 🤳 or camera gurnning is a specific problem that can be addressed with education.