Kids treated like puppies

1235»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474

Wildlife poo is never disgusting, pets poo always is, I think it's down to what they eat. A fox is basically a dog, but their poo is nowhere near as horrible

if you had a dog that had rolled in fox shyte, you wouldn't say that. Its vile. And hard to wash out of dog fur properly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,489

Wildlife poo is never disgusting, pets poo always is, I think it's down to what they eat. A fox is basically a dog, but their poo is nowhere near as horrible

You've never got fox shit on you have you?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

I don't know, the flying rat censored that lands on the path and the car isn't very pleasant.
    Anyone know the best way to poison pigeons without killing off the smaller birds?
    Wanna borrow our cat?

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918

I don't know, the flying rat censored that lands on the path and the car isn't very pleasant.
    Anyone know the best way to poison pigeons without killing off the smaller birds?
    Wanna borrow our cat?

Your cat would be knackered after 2 days round here - far, far too many of the flying vermin. Need to get the next door neighbour back shooting them! Mind you, he might catch one of his builders atm!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,624
    I tend to think those who claim to like some animals bit hate others don't actually like animals at all.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    edited June 2021

Let's play a game of name that poo! All my photos, from my wildlife blog. All European mammals, all taken in the Nalaboki forest in (soon to be Russia) Belarus.

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416
    This is why kids need reins. He though the algae was grass.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-57646683

Poor kid. As a parent I feel the horror his parents must have felt.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866

Lead poisoning
  • surrey_commuter

I rest my case, the disgusting bit is somebody picking the poo up
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    elbowloh said:

Let's play a game of name that poo! All my photos, from my wildlife blog. All European mammals, all taken in the Nalaboki forest in (soon to be Russia) Belarus.

Top right is bear?
    left the forum March 2023
  • surrey_commuter
    elbowloh said:

Top right - a big deer
  • ballysmate

elbowloh said:

Top right - a big deer having seen a big bear.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

Top right is bear?
    Correct
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

Top right - a big deer
    Nope
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

We had a dog did that once. Ran out onto the canal which was a carpet of green.
    I swear gravity only kicked in when he realised his mistake.
    Was like a cartoon moment.

But yes, pretty scary with your child.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    morstar said:

Seems to me, once again, poor parenting, failing to explain the kid what the green stuff is... maybe the parents were busy whatsapping
    left the forum March 2023
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,592
    edited June 2021

morstar said:

Seems to me, once again, poor parenting, failing to explain the kid what the green stuff is... maybe the parents were busy whatsapping
    How many conversations have you had with three year olds?

I mean if you want to criticise the parents, you can, but it would be the basis that they weren't watching him near to a hazard. However, you will find few parents will criticise in this situation, because it is likely that at some point every single one of them will have been momentarily distracted and discovered that their child has done something they weren't expecting. In most cases, this won't involve jumping into a pond, but the fear that it could have happened will make most parents quite understanding.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited June 2021

morstar said:

As someone with a PHD and works in education I would have thought you might have some understanding how cognitive development works in children.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    webboo said:

morstar said:

As someone with a PHD and works in education I would have thought you might have some understanding how cognitive development works in children.

PhDs and 'a bit of common sense' aren't always bedfellows...
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,624

webboo said:

morstar said:

PhDs and 'a bit of common sense' aren't always bedfellows...
    It only tends to be those who haven't got one who trot that out.

But in this case I agree. Come on Ugo - that's a "there but for the grace of God" incident if ever I heard one.

Within reason it is the same with any entity possessed of its own nervous system and means of perambulation.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    morstar said:

My son did it at a mill in Belper after visiting a soft play there. Luckily his twin sister saw and alerted me as when I looked round he was just going under - sprinted back and yanked him out didn't really have time to panic. A moment's inattention and if she hadn't seen I'd have looked back and he would be gone.

Maybe I should have used reins!!
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    The odd thing is my memory (he's 19 now) is he was just slowly sinking without struggling and when I got to the water (it was mill pond thing so deep from the edge) I could see his face slowly getting deeper - must have been maybe 30cm under. But it seems such an unlikely way to go under - and wouldn't he gave swallowed loads of water which he hadn't - I'm not sure if that's some kind of false memory .
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638

morstar said:

You are rapidly turning into Coopster.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    morstar said:

Our dog did the same at the pond in our local park. Got quite a shock and came up thrashing around a bit but hauled himself out OK. Was actually quite amusing given dogs are pretty good swimmers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    edited June 2021

Dogshit is bad enough but what about this?

• surrey_commuter

The sites that you lot visit to come across these images is definitely a trivial thing that intrigues me
  • ballysmate
    :D
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

The sites that you lot visit to come across these images is definitely a trivial thing that intrigues me

MTB section.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/