GB News

Comments

• secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,775
    edited September 2023
    Where’s the fella that makes an announcement at the end of the programme…..

“That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the Conservative Party.
    Any resemblance to a news programme is entirely contrived.”

I watched on YT out of curiosity. The next suggested video was this. Utterly brilliant….

https://youtu.be/Nmj0JFGqE30?si=Bjf2PirZIdSnHxnO

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,519
    orraloon said:

Copied from elsewhere:

GBNews - owned by Australians, based in the Dubai tax haven, managed by New Zealanders. The only British bit, the fools watching.

Here is a key British connection for you, brought up in Wales, educated at Christ College, Brecon:
    https://www.libertyglobal.com/leadership/andrew-j-cole/
  • Where’s the fella that makes an announcement at the end of the programme…..

“That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the Conservative Party.
    Any resemblance to a news programme is entirely contrived.”

I watched on YT out of curiosity. The next suggested video was this. Utterly brilliant….

https://youtu.be/Nmj0JFGqE30?si=Bjf2PirZIdSnHxnO

As noted by some commentators, Braverman might be quite pleased with that, as I think she probably is cultivating her Cruella profile for her stab at leading the UKIP-Tory Party when Sunak goes. The cruelty is not an accident - it's by design.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,721

orraloon said:

Copied from elsewhere:

GBNews - owned by Australians, based in the Dubai tax haven, managed by New Zealanders. The only British bit, the fools watching.

Here is a key British connection for you, brought up in Wales, educated at Christ College, Brecon:
    https://www.libertyglobal.com/leadership/andrew-j-cole/
    Yoo want troo facts? Then don't be watching that there GBNews then.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,681
    orraloon said:

Copied from elsewhere:

The production and broadcast facilities are in the UK, aren't they? Can't see that Rees-Mogg etc are going to take flights to and from Dubai when they present.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 2,941

Jezyboy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/sep/27/laurence-fox-gb-news-comments-ava-evans-investigation-inappropriate

As if they are "apologizing" for it. Surely that kind of content is exactly what GB news is all about.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Whilst it is unbelievable that in 2023 someone can say that sort of thing on national TV; you can't help feeling that the reason it was said was to cause an outrage and remind people GB News exists and actually is national TV.
    Seems they've lost 3 "high profile" presenters/regular guests in the fall out, for something that would be unquestionably unacceptable for most channels but which felt to me like the classic pub bore chat of old. Which I kind of thought was the whole reactionary vibe that GB news was going for ...

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,394
    . . . is the "Kirkwood" referred to in the red circled area the woman who does the weather on Breakfast telly?
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,355

. . . is the "Kirkwood" referred to in the red circled area the woman who does the weather on Breakfast telly?

Probably, Michael Take is all about taking the mick after all.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,661
    I'm confused now - did they genuinely make the same mistake as The Mail did last year in quoting a spoof MP's Twitter account or are they messing about themselves?
  • Pross said:

I'm confused now - did they genuinely make the same mistake as The Mail did last year in quoting a spoof MP's Twitter account or are they messing about themselves?

They did - same spoof account. Jeremy Vine read out one of his tweets on air thinking it was real as well. Whoever runs it is quite good at it.
  • Pross

Pross said:

They did - same spoof account. Jeremy Vine read out one of his tweets on air thinking it was real as well. Whoever runs it is quite good at it.
    To be fair the Tories are making it very easy for spoof / satire to be confused with reality these days.
  • Pross said:

I am totally confused as the person below is complaining to Ofcom that Bruce shut down anti-Tory sentiment
  • Pross

Pross said:

I am totally confused as the person below is complaining to Ofcom that Bruce shut down anti-Tory sentiment
    I think the other quotes are genuine loons but the one circled in red is from a parody account that GB News failed to spot as it supported their narrative (the Daily Mail quoted the same account last year - it's quite a decent one as the fake constituency they 'represent' is the only point on the compass that doesn't have a Dorset constituency).
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,020
    edited October 2023
    On balance, it probably won't persuade me to buy a TV or TV licence, though I'm sure Johnson will put as much effort into prep as he normally does.

Haven't noticed any left-wing media meltdown yet, though I have been busy...

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,747
    edited October 2023

On balance, it probably won't persuade me to buy a TV or TV licence, though I'm sure Johnson will put as much effort into prep as he normally does.

I'm sure Novara Media will be outraged.

Obviously deeply committed to the new role judging by the introduction he filmed on his mobile from his hotel room.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,392
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,330
    ddraver said:
    idk...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Jezyboy
    rjsterry said:

Obviously deeply committed to the new role judging by the introduction he filmed on his mobile from his hotel room.
    Is it not just a little bit...cheap? Going from PM to presenter on an entertainment channel?
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Jezyboy said:

rjsterry said:

Is it not just a little bit...cheap? Going from PM to presenter on an entertainment channel?
    He's got many mouths to feed...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,577
    edited October 2023
    Jezyboy said:

rjsterry said:

too 'cheap' for johnson? he's a long-term proven liar and traitor who took bungs while in office

cleary a gb 'news' kind of guy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,355
    He seems the type that would happily sell his grandmother for cash, is anything too cheap for him?
  • Jezyboy
    Possibly. But in the past whilst lying, taking bungs and generally being unpleasant, he has held positions with actual proper status. He's been a journalist at a well respected paper*, MP, mayor of London and of course PM. GB news is just a bit...sh1t.

*Well sort of well respected...
  • briantrumpet
    Jezyboy said:

Possibly. But in the past whilst lying, taking bungs and generally being unpleasant, he has held positions with actual proper status. He's been a journalist at a well respected paper*, MP, mayor of London and of course PM. GB news is just a bit...censored .

*Well sort of well respected...

"once-respected" would be more accurate.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,721
    The Spaffer Johnson fanboi club on here seems to have gone somewhat quiet. I wonder why?
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,204
    orraloon said:

The Spaffer Johnson fanboi club on here seems to have gone somewhat quiet. I wonder why?

Campervan holiday?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,681
    drhaggis said:

Jezyboy said:

rjsterry said:

Although it does seem as if he is saving money by continuing to live rent free in quite a few Cake Stoppers heads :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

drhaggis said:

Jezyboy said:

rjsterry said:

Although it does seem as if he is saving money by continuing to live rent free in quite a few Cake Stoppers heads :smile:

Eh? He's in the news. And we're laughing at him and GB News, which is looking more and more like a Has-Been-Tories Pensions scheme.