Ollie Robinson , suspended

1234568»

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    MattFalle said:

Pross said:

Pross said:

I think people are forgetting just how modern a thing social media is and how people have learned its impact over the years. Twitter has only been around for 15 years and took a while to catch on, probably about 2009 before it really became mainstream so not long before the Robinson Tweets.

Part of me is tempted to stalk the Rick Chasey social media accounts but he's already admits he deletes things which suggests he's concerned his thoughts won't stand the test of time.

It's a fair bit harder to delete on here, so fill your boots.

I'd have no problem uncovering evidence of ageism but then you don't seem to think categorising anyone over 50 as a 'boomer' who all share the same traits and beliefs which are worthy of your scorn as being wrong in any way.
    Absolutely guilty of ageism. No doubt - though it is more I have seen the political divide move from class and money to age and since that penny has dropped I can't see past it.

I'll help you out.
    I think i called Matt Falle a pikey before taking it back I believe (if not, I apologise now), I suggested coopster take Trump's advice and inject bleach and there was one other where I think I had to apologise.

Edit: oh yes, there was the windowlicker bit which again I apologised for after you lot explained my mistake.

apology accepted!
    Can I get offended on your behalf? Can I? Can I? Go on, let me, pretty please.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,024
    Fairly sure you were then, IIRC.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Surely the best thing, is to not be a racist / sexist whateverist cnut in the first place?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

Surely the best thing, is to not be a racist / sexist whateverist cnut in the first place?

friggin' liberals...
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,166
    I really wouldn't be worried about what you say against other human beings. It's what you say about computers and machinery now, which will count when AI takes over!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,488

I really wouldn't be worried about what you say against other human beings. It's what you say about computers and machinery now, which will count when AI takes over!

I wonder if the day will come when my PC really does f' right off.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Birchill allegedly sacked by the Telegraph and Toch, a lawyer suspended due to these tweets about Mrs & Mr Markle's new baby.

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,253

Gives PC speech a new meaning
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,419

Birchill allegedly sacked by the Telegraph and Toch, a lawyer suspended due to these tweets about Mrs & Mr Markle's new baby.

Given that Birchill recently had to settle a large claim against her for defamation + make a public apology for racist and misogynist social media posts, I imagine she was already on her final warning.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,698

Free speech sure ain't what it used to be.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190

No criminal charges so no issue with free speech.

Don’t confuse the right to exercise free speech with the right for there to be no consequences.
  • blazing_saddles
    morstar said:

Don’t confuse the right to exercise free speech with the right for there to be no consequences.
    Consequences infers there being a price to pay.
    Ergo, it ain't free.
  • Jezyboy
    Jezyboy Posts: 2,850
    Cancel culture from the telegraph there. Who'd have thought.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,864
    Anybody else intrigued to see who will get dropped this morning because of a “niggle”
  • morstar

morstar said:

Ergo, it ain't free.
    There are no criminal charges. Upsetting your employer and limiting work opportunities are risks you opt to take in making deliberately provocative statements. It’s a private matter not curtailed by law and is not a difficult concept.

Any commentator who takes a provocative stance limits some opportunities whilst creating others.

Any edgy comedian or politician or public figure runs the same gauntlet. By saying what you say, you preclude yourself from some work opportunities. Frankie Boyle isn’t going to be allowed to host blue Peter.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,419

morstar said:

Ergo, it ain't free.

morstar said:

Ergo, it ain't free.
    If you define free as the absence of any consequences, then it never has been.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,166
    Is the problem more about organisations not wanting to be dragged into a situation where they get a load of hate and bad press as a result of what someone has said, who is linked to them. Consequently they have to make an example and launch some kind of inquiry, long enough for people to forget about the situation.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,024
    edited June 2021

Is the problem more about organisations not wanting to be dragged into a situation where they get a load of hate and bad press as a result of what someone has said, who is linked to them. Consequently they have to make an example and launch some kind of inquiry, long enough for people to forget about the situation.

ECB could of course not have board members who arranged cricket tours in apartheid South Africa during the international ban.

I suspect organisations that are much more comfortable with their credentials would not feel the need to hang individuals out to dry in quite the same way.

• morstar

morstar said:

Ergo, it ain't free.
    Further…
    You do realise every single action you undertake has consequences?

The suggestion that any action can take place without consequences is absurd.
  • blazing_saddles
    edited June 2021
    morstar said:

morstar said:

Ergo, it ain't free.
    Further…

Action?
    As in actions speak louder than words?

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,488

morstar said:

morstar said:

Ergo, it ain't free.
    Further…

Action?
    As in actions speak louder than words?

Words too, refer to Ollie Robinson.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.