Tour de Romandie 2021 *spoliers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,805
    Soler surprised me a bit there. He is strong but that was quite the ride . How much did ineos wait for Dennis
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490

Soler surprised me a bit there. He is strong but that was quite the ride . How much did ineos wait for Dennis

I don't think they did although it may have led to the initial hesitation. I suspect bothe Thomas and Porte felt they could pull that sort of gap back in the TT plus holding back a bit for today where I can see Soler paying for the effort.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    In theory we should have live pictures in about 5-10 minutes. They will be just starting the penultimate climb
    The weather is.....................unpleasant.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Froome already out the back with 50k to go.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Why is this rider from the Swiss National team selection working on the front?
  • Pross
    andyp said:

Why is this rider from the Swiss National team selection working on the front?

Maybe riding alongside Movistar he has caught a dose of their race tactics so is chasing down his own teammate.
  • Pross
    edited May 2021
    So what is the expected issue with the weather that caused the early start, is there snow forecast?

A lot more riders in shorts and even short sleeves than I'd expected to see. Usually they are wrapped up like an Arctic expedition until the last few Kms at the hint of wet weather.
  • Pross
    One way to make yourself popular with your mechanic.
  • blazing_saddles
    I assume the descent is being neutralised due to the mist
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Movistar soigneur failing to remember that they are leading and takes a bottle out of Soler's reach. Hilarity ensues.
  • Pross
    Going to be interesting to see how they get the gap back to its correct level once the neutralised section ends. Thought the break might push on hard to keep the gap knowing they can then ease off and recover but they've lost 20" (also lost time to the solo leader).
  • Pross
    Ah lone rider (Wurtz) is chasing not leading.
  • Pross
    Only 3km neutralised, team cars to go in front of each group to maintain the gap.
  • blazing_saddles
    Shambles
    Breakaway allowed to gain 2 minutes
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2021
    Dodgy stream anyone . No Eurosport vanilla coverage.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross

Shambles
    Breakaway allowed to gain 2 minutes

How hard can it be? Stick the cars in front and tell them to drive at 40km/h or something. Sure, you'd expect a few seconds but 2 minutes in 3k is ridiculous, it should only have taken 5 minutes so the break was going nearly 50% quicker.
  • blazing_saddles

It's working on the Tiz Cycling backup link.

https://tiz-cycling-live.io/live.php
  • mididoctors

Ignore that got it on virgin TV go
    ....thanks
  • mididoctors

It's working on the Tiz Cycling backup link.

https://tiz-cycling-live.io/live.php
    Thank you
  • mididoctors
    6 mins? !!! Any threats on GC ?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230

Cort at 0:59, Petilli at 4:01.
  • blazing_saddles
    Brian Smith reckons Magnus Cort can't be caught now and will probably take over lead of the race...
  • mididoctors

Cort at 0:59, Petilli at 4:01.
    Thanks me to check the profile
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,747
    I'm thinking Cort may be tiring. Just based on personal experience but struggling to find things in my pockets is a signal for me.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    Looks fucking horrid.
  • kingstongraham
    This climb gets steeper from here, doesn't it?
  • mididoctors
    I still don't understand what the timing situation is
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150

I still don't understand what the timing situation is

They neutralised 3km of the descent. When it was neutralised Cort and Petilli lead the peloton by about 3:40. By the time the peloton were allowed to race again the lead had grown to about 4:50. So Cort, who is 59s down on GC gained a free minute and bit and it may be enough to decide the race.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • kingstongraham

• mididoctors
    Why not stop everyone at the base and time restarts ?