2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    webboo said:

It’s not like Cav is not going to know who the dodgy fu(kers are in the current peloton.

MattFalle said:
    And it’s not like you have to spend your day with folk you wouldn’t turn your back on. But do you resign in protest or tell your senior officer that they can go fu(k them selves.
    We all have to compromise to achieve our goals.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,473
    Cavendish has been blurrily pictured on an Astana willier
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,751
    Been trawling t'interweb. There are various comments / rumours that he and Cees Bol are at the Astana training in Spain. But just that, internet wittering.

I do hope he gets a chance to go for That Record.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,473
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    Nick Shultz, another caught up in the B&B Hotels collapse, has joined Israel-Premier Tech (despite them saying they'd completed their roster when they signed Stevie Williams).
  • Astana team photo sans Cav...
  • andyp
    It was taken before he is meant to have arrived at the team camp, so I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,751
    Friebe was positing on latest Cycling podcast episode that announcement delayed pending reconciliation between team sponsors and Cav's personal sponsors.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,528
    orraloon said:

Friebe was positing on latest Cycling podcast episode that announcement delayed pending reconciliation between team sponsors and Cav's personal sponsors.

Specifically, protective eyewear.
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,135
    Shoes and glasses should be a personal choice for each rider; but a lot of teams now go for the whole team sponsorship - as it's more money.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • orraloon said:

Oakley clinging on to Cav then and Sci-Con not willing to buckle!

If Cav could ride for Bahrain with a Rudy Project helmet and Oakley specs for a year, this should be sortable.
  • I've been off grid over Christmas and New Year. Has there been any update about Cavs team for this year?

Last I heard Astana was basically a done deal?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,923

I've been off grid over Christmas and New Year. Has there been any update about Cavs team for this year?

I've not been paying attention but I gather that he may have been busy in court over the burglaries.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • andyp
    pblakeney said:

I've been off grid over Christmas and New Year. Has there been any update about Cavs team for this year?

I've not been paying attention but I gather that he may have been busy in court over the burglaries.
    The court case only started yesterday, and I'm not sure when or for how long he'll be required to give evidence, if at all.

From what I've read and heard, it's a done deal but there are some loose ends to tie up with regards to Cavendish's existing sponsorship deals first before any announcement is made.
  • pblakeney
    andyp said:

pblakeney said:

The court case only started yesterday, and I'm not sure when or for how long he'll be required to give evidence, if at all.

From what I've read and heard, it's a done deal but there are some loose ends to tie up with regards to Cavendish's existing sponsorship deals first before any announcement is made.
    Yes but that explains the delay in tying up the loose ends.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,016
    edited January 2023
    un
    pblakeney said:

Love the way that the Guardian highlight an Olympic silver as his biggest achievement .

Two of the suspects wanted over a knifepoint raid at the home of the Olympic silver medallist Mark Cavendish have not been tracked down by police, a court heard.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/04/two-men-in-masked-raid-on-mark-cavendish-still-at-large-court-hears
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,175
    Miguel Angel Lopez has joined Team Medellin in Colombia
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,628
    RichN95. said:

Miguel Angel Lopez has joined Team Medellin in Colombia

Is that a cartel?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,957

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 264
    Cav looking a little overstuffed 😂😂
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,975
    edited January 2023
    exlaser said:

Cav looking a little overstuffed 😂😂

He spent a lot of time on Zwift in the build up to and over Christmas. So more likely the camera angles....
  • pblakeney
    I spent a lot of time on my trainer over the Christmas period.
    Trust me, this is no indicator of weight or form. 🤣🤣🤣
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,135
    It's just looking like Hobson's Choice.......
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • andyrac said:

It's just looking like Hobson's Choice.......

Mmmn, cookies:
    https://www.hobsonshomemade.com/cookies.html
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • Cav to Astana officially confirmed
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    Fast fingers there TTHR!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • What do you expect, he's my guy <3

Now, how do I change my avatar?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,666
    edited January 2023
    Cees Bol been spotted on an Astana coloured Wilier.

The thinking is he will be lead out man
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,175

Cav to Astana officially confirmed

Wow. Nobody saw that coming
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • But Cav is riding bare eyed which is making people wonder if there is an Oakley and Astana eyewear sponsor issue still to overcome.