2022 Transfers: Rumours & Facts

Comments

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 1,972
    Le Col-Wahoo are looking to be struggling after one of the headline sponsors have dropped out.

https://www.velonews.com/news/road/le-col-wahoo-scrambling-for-funds-after-sponsor-pulls-out-of-deal/
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,143
    Apparently Quintana (Nairo not Dayer) has said he has a contract with a WT team for next season, to be announced soon.
  • Cav's future might still be in the air, but he's been publically hitting Zwift over the weekend, testing out the "ride on" receiving limits.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • andyp
    According to the latest rumours, Quintana will sign for either EF or Intermarche for 2023.
  • andyp said:

According to the latest rumours, Quintana will sign for either EF or Intermarche for 2023.

Could be handy in protecting Louis Meintjes' top 20 places at the tour.
    ================================
    Cake is just weakness entering the body
  • In the spirit of silly season, I'm adding together the 2 that Nairoman has said he'll be in the biggest races, together with the 2 from the fact that the world tour teams don't have a barge pole long enough and making the 5 that: he's going to Lotto Dstny.

You read it here first (& probably last).
  • They just signed Sepulvada to support him in the mountains...
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    andyp said:

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,949
    Think they can afford to be picky if they start winning more tbf
  • Caley Fretz texted Vaughters during his new 'The Redundant Placeholders' podcast, and he responded with a 'no, period'
  • Pineau has told his existing staff to go and find other teams for next year (strictly speaking, they already could).
    That's bad news for Cav and worse news for a lot of others.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,212
    Ciro tweeted that his sources were saying Cav was now 100% not riding for Pineau's team next year
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,610
    Damn.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,135
    Ramon Sinkeldam to Alpecin for 2 years, Michael Vantourenhout extends until 2025 at Pauwels Sauzens. Rumours about Victor Koretzky to Bora from B&B.....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • andyp
    Unsurprisingly, given his performances at the Tours of Britain and Croatia, Team DSM have promoted Oscar Onley from their development team to their World Tour Team, on a five year contract!

• andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,135
    With that team's history, I wonder how long he will stay there.....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2022
    Stevie Williams to Israel PT which fills their roster up.

On NSF Lil Pete seems sure Cav has a deal so, maybe Ineos?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Gazzetta are linking Cavendish to Groupama-FdJ which just seems weird to me. They have Demare
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    RichN95. said:

Gazzetta are linking Cavendish to Groupama-FdJ which just seems weird to me. They have Demare

I think it's got to the stage where journalists are looking at the confirmed size of a team's roster for next season and linking Cavendish to any team which still has space.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,928
    edited December 2022
    There was a spoof Groupama-FDJ Twitter account which announced the Cavendish move yesterday.

“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • andyp
    If Procyclingstats is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt they are, then Cavendish will end up at one of:

AG2R-Citroen
    Arkea-Samsic
    Bahrain-Victorious
    Groupama-FDJ
    Ineos
    Intermarche-Circus-Wanty
    Jumbo-Visma
    Trek-Segafredo
    UAE

He could join a Pro Continental team, but you'd expect Tour wildcards to go to Lotto-Dstny, Israel-PremierTech, Total Energies and possibly Uno-X, so he'd have to take a risk with one of them. We know he won't go to Total-Energies, and you can't see Lotto signing him with Caleb Ewen in their roster, so his options are very limited.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,621
    Superman Lopez gets the boot from Astana.

Nairo will seem a decent replacement?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,923

No doubt he will prove me wrong but I'm of the opinion that Nairo is on a downward spiral. I wouldn't be signing him if I was in charge of a top team.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • andyp
    pblakeney said:

No doubt he will prove me wrong but I'm of the opinion that Nairo is on a downward spiral. I wouldn't be signing him if I was in charge of a top team.
    We're talking Astana here.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,923
    andyp said:

pblakeney said:

We're talking Astana here.
    They are still a World Pro team.
    I imagine Vinokourov wants more than the occasional top 10 in a mtf.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    pblakeney said:

It depends on the price
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,752
    Why sign a 32yo, high asking price, tarnished reputation Nairoman when there all these youngsters tearing it up?
  • andyp
    orraloon said:

Why sign a 32yo, high asking price, tarnished reputation Nairoman when there all these youngsters tearing it up?

Because all the youngsters who are tearing it up are on long-term contracts with their existing teams?
  • RichN95.
    edited December 2022
    orraloon said:

While these youngsters have been tearing it up Thomas, Porte, Kruijswijk, Caruso, Landa, Valverde and Nibali have appeared on Grand Tour podiums at the age of 32 or more.