Ronde van Vlaanderen 2021 ***Spoilers***

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    How many times does it split for real there?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    Paterberg time
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Quick Step remind me of the Italian football team of the 70s and 80s.
    Every opposition attacker gets one of their defenders attached to his shirt.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    Asgreen is having a season
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    The vans are back on watching each other mode whilst four riders including Pidcock open a gap.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398

Asgreen is having a season

Him and Van der Poel look like the best riders in the race
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    This race is becoming a little predictable
  • Pross
    Laporte is having a good ride, think he had a minor crash early on from memory.
  • Pross
    QS doing what QS do with options everywhere
  • blazing_saddles
    edited April 2021
    Koppenberg then Boonenberg coming up.
  • mididoctors

This race is becoming a little predictable

Change up the finale time
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    Let me guess the tactics. QS just going to make sure they have a rider up the road at all times.

All of the riders at the front and not one Jumbo rider to support WvA. What a poor showing from them, I would be giving the rest of the guys hell on the radio. They need to be really active in the rider market and get some decent riders for the classics into the team.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • mididoctors
    JA Like a rocket
  • blazing_saddles
    Alaphilippe going all Gilbert.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    edited April 2021
    There was a small, short haired guy who used to work for Morvelo, who had the loudest shout I've ever heard who yelled at me at the top of the Koppenberg one year...

I used to see him at some UK MTB events and stuff.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    EF soigneur dummying a bottle!
  • bobmcstuff
    Pidcock is having a good ride
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    Wtf is a “whole tray of beef” :D
  • Pross

Pidcock is having a good ride

He's very good at hiding until the action starts. His size helps with that I think.
  • bobmcstuff
    david37 said:

And why was he going on about Bisseger getting DQd for littering when he dropped his bidon at the soigneurs feet...
  • blazing_saddles
    david37 said:

The Eurosport in tray for Kirby?
  • bobmcstuff
    Good point from Backstedt, that must be one of the biggest lead groups all season not to have more than 1 QS rider in it...
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Missus is asking me who the LGBT team rider is.

thinks

ah Mr Rousse?
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    WvA needs to attack soon to stop the riders coming back across. Otherwise I think it will be game over for him with no team mates.

Can we all start a go fund me page to pay Eurosport to get rid of Kirby? Never known anything like it, just keep your mouth closed man.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • mididoctors
    Attrition spliting the groups
  • Pross
    This could be the move. Big 3 plus Haller who has Teuns coming over.
  • mididoctors
    MvdP does not want to take both asgree and JA
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    MvdP is so strong on the bergs.
    Asgren doing another great ride.
    2 Bahrain, 2 QS & 2 Vans
    Decisive split?
  • mididoctors
    Bora and Ineos to chase I guess
  • Pross
    Pidcock seems to struggle (relatively) on the short, steep climbs. He kept losing wheels at Strade on the steepest slopes and again today. I think he lost ground to MvdP and WVA on the one cross race I watched on a short climb too.