The Rugby Thread

1757677787981»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited July 27

The lousy weather certainly has something to do with the way things panned out as well.

However, I am sure the French public enjoyed that spectacle more than last night’s travesty.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • So it’s time to kick off the season with a tasty little number.

Bath vs Northampton and I know there is someone on here who’ll be well up for it!

I think I will be watching tonight, too and just keep a check on the Cardiff vs Zebre match.

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,488

On paper, most other clubs appear a little weaker than last season, but Bath a little stronger.

Fingers crossed that comes true. Saints have lost 4 of their first choice pack to departures and Mitchell is out injured tonight. Bath really only missing their 2 first choice 12s.

Sarries have also lost a few starters from last season.

Sale will be strong too.

Be interesting how Cheika gets on at Tigers.

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited September 20

It’s so depressing, trying to watch the Welsh regions. Cardiff Arms Park is a so muted, it’s a bit like one man and his dog. The quality of the rugby does little to help.

A stark contrast to the Rec. A proper atmosphere with some real skill and intent on the pitch.

• Dorset_Boy

Can never avenge the final, but that was a decent statement tonight. Very dominant display, even when having no possession in the 3rd quarter.

• Dear me, after last night’s feast of rugby, Exeter and Leicester are currently serving up starvation rations.

• Watching this evening, I noticed that Saracens have an interesting and apt sponsor on the seat of their shorts: it’s Trek.

• Dorset_Boy

Gloucester looked really poor until close to the end when they had to chuck the ball around, and even then their accuracy was terrible.

Sarries look strong.