Bianchi to be bike suppliers to GreenEDGE from next year

Comments

• Photo is supposedly taken in Andorra hence “wrong side” of road

As I've already mentioned, it's a one-way street. With two lanes going in the same direction, there is no wrong side!
  • Both the bus and Yatesy are on the wrong side of the road.

How can you tell from the photo that it's a one way street? Or do you know the exact location?

Been there...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Photo is supposedly taken in Andorra hence “wrong side” of road

As I've already mentioned, it's a one-way street. With two lanes going in the same direction, there is no wrong side!
    Are you sure?

;)
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    Yates behind the bus. Best get used to that with that behomoth of a bike to get over the hills.
  • brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited December 2020
    david37 said:

Yates behind the bus. Best get used to that with that behomoth of a bike to get over the hills.

You’ve obviously never ridden one then. It really is extremely agile, despite what the stats on its weight say. I’ve ridden a few of the ‘featherlight’ super bikes, found in the peloton and found their relative stiffness, and resultant harsh ride, really screw the dynamics up. For example, I had a Pinarello Dogma F10 on loan a while back, and it was the measure ( nearly ) of the XR4. I was then loaned an F12, and although the F12 is lighter, it’s so much stiffer, it’s hard to keep all the power moving it forward, it’s relatively jittery, which you don’t want in fast downhill corners. Just because a bike is lighter ( on paper) does not necessarily equate to it being faster. Every up hill, has a downhill ( except summit finishes obvs.) and anything that XR4 gives away going up, it more than compensates for going down.

• david37 said:

You’ve obviously never ridden one then. It really is extremely agile, despite what the stats on its weight say.

Those stats won't include the 5kg of water.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Given his average speed on rides is about 14mph and generally not very hilly. I wonder where all this testing takes place.
  • david37 said:

You’ve obviously never ridden one then. It really is extremely agile, despite what the stats on its weight say. I’ve ridden a few of the ‘featherlight’ super bikes, found in the peloton and found their relative stiffness, and resultant harsh ride, really screw the dynamics up. For example, I had a Pinarello Dogma F10 on loan a while back, and it was the measure ( nearly ) of the XR4. I was then loaned an F12, and although the F12 is lighter, it’s so much stiffer, it’s hard to keep all the power moving it forward, it’s relatively jittery, which you don’t want in fast downhill corners. Just because a bike is lighter ( on paper) does not necessarily equate to it being faster. Every up hill, has a downhill ( except summit finishes obvs.) and anything that XR4 gives away going up, it more than compensates for going down.

Embarassing
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,563
    The xr4 isn't even Bianchi's best bike.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    gsk82 said:

The xr4 isn't even Bianchi's best bike.

The XR4 is nice but its not that nice. Its the TOWIE of bikes - wants to be Real Housewives of Jersey but doesn't quite hit the mark.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle

david37 said:

So basically its heavy and unless you are a demon descender you're stuffed going uphill and downhill?
  • Aero trumps weight going uphill where the difference is marginal
  • MattFalle
    Is that with deep rims or shallow?
  • Sorry that's what I mean. Deep rims trump an extra few grams.

I can't remember the exact number of grams but I think it was quite a lot.
  • MattFalle

Sorry that's what I mean. Deep rims trump an extra few grams.

I can't remember the exact number of grams but I think it was quite a lot.

Aaaah - got ya, see.

Wasn't sure if you meant trad frame shapes vs aero frame shapes. Grazie.

• 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408
    edited December 2020

david37 said:

Absolutely bizarre. We get it you bought a bike and have some disposable income. You've ridden other bikes, but you've rigorously tested them all and the one you dropped money on is the best. Better than all the other ones you could have spent all your disposable income on.

Once again if weight isn't an issue, why then did the pros (who know something about bikes) need to get them to roll back and make them special lightweight bike with no paint and rim bikes.

It's almost like you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Almost?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Is it possible to mute a thread?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734

Yes, don't click on it :smiley:
  • If we all agree not to post here, that should do it.
  • MattFalle
    but where's the fun in that?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,671
    edited December 2020
    Well, if we stopped posting, it would just drop away, wouldn't it?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    flasher said:

Yes, don't click on it :smiley:
    It's like a light bulb to a moth though. If there's more posts I *have* to look...
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,874
    You made me look. Dammit!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MattFalle

Well, if we stopped posting, it would just drop away, wouldn't it?

Agree, but its like a scab isn't it? You know it's going to be painful each time you pick it but you just can't stop......

All we can do is splosh the TCP of rationality and humour onto the seeping wound to ease it along.

Neglect is not an option.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,874
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

Is that one of them Bianchi's then?

• Could be, the saddle looks a bit low.
  • 50x11 said:

david37 said:

It's almost like you have no idea what you're talking about.
    The irony detector shop is doing a roaring trade today. You owe me a new one, mine just exploded.

• MattFalle said:

david37 said:

So basically its heavy and unless you are a demon descender you're stuffed going uphill and downhill?
    It isn’t that heavy, you don’t need to be a demon descender to get the advantage of its superb dynamics, that’s the whole point.