Bianchi to be bike suppliers to GreenEDGE from next year

Comments

• gsk82 said:

I think you lot need to get over it

I agree, I’m not holding my breath though.

• The XR4 is also heavier and less aero than other brand offerings...

However, it’s such a beautiful ride, it matters not a jot. It’s such a joy to ride, it’s easy to find time over loads of other brand’s bikes, that are really just trying too hard, and concentrating on the wrong things. Try it you might like it. You can pick the frame sets up for not entirely eye watering sums.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

The XR4 is also heavier and less aero than other brand offerings...

However, it’s such a beautiful ride, it matters not a jot. It’s such a joy to ride, it’s easy to find time over loads of other brand’s bikes, that are really just trying too hard, and concentrating on the wrong things. Try it you might like it. You can pick the frame sets up for not entirely eye watering sums.
    Why did you pay over 10 grand for yours then. I could have got at least 10% off what you paid.
  • webboo

webboo said:

One of my Bianchis is broken and lives on the turbo. The carbon bits on the other are going grey. Is there a forum where I can get support for this.

You could try the Bianchi owners club U.K. part of Bookface.
    Instead of spending umpteen grand on another super bike you could keep saving up to buy a sense of humour.
  • harry-s
    harry-s Posts: 295
    I've never really understood the term 'superbike' when used for bicycles. Supercar, yes, (the 4 wheeled sort that is, not the one with the talking chimp). Very Expensive Bike yes, but always assumed the 'super' bit was all about the engine. How's your engine Brundonbianchi?
  • Two bikes at half the price set up so you didn't need to adjust everything every time you go a different distance would probably be more fun overall.
  • harry-s said:

I've never really understood the term 'superbike' when used for bicycles. Supercar, yes, (the 4 wheeled sort that is, not the one with the talking chimp). Very Expensive Bike yes, but always assumed the 'super' bit was all about the engine. How's your engine Brundonbianchi?

Super.
  • Two bikes at half the price set up so you didn't need to adjust everything every time you go a different distance would probably be more fun overall.

Partial credit for that one. I like your thinking, but I’d rather have one bike that puts the grin on my face that this one does, rather than 2 that sort of put a bit of a grin on my face.
  • webboo said:

webboo said:

One of my Bianchis is broken and lives on the turbo. The carbon bits on the other are going grey. Is there a forum where I can get support for this.

You could try the Bianchi owners club U.K. part of Bookface.
    Instead of spending umpteen grand on another super bike you could keep saving up to buy a sense of humour.
    Money can’t buy my sort of sense of humour.
  • brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited November 2020
    webboo said:

The XR4 is also heavier and less aero than other brand offerings...

Why did you pay over 10 grand for yours then. I could have got at least 10% off what you paid.
    The only way I could have got the price down, was to buy it from Switzerland, with fishing kit, and even then there was a massive wait for it, and no guarantee of getting the Celeste colourway. I probably would have been stung for import tax, and that would have left me no better off. I wanted the Celeste frame, size 55, Campag super record EPS V4, with the Fulcrum hoops, and vision Metron 5D integrated cockpit and I didn’t want to wait 6 months for it. Given the world we live in right now, I had to take a bit of a hit and pay full whack. Not much has changed, even getting a built bike, to my spec, is nigh on impossible at the moment, getting a discount is even less likely. There are a few black ones out there, some Celeste frame sets, but no built bikes. I believe all the 2021 built XR4 bike allocation has already sold out as well.
  • webboo
    Is that so.

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,576

Two bikes at half the price set up so you didn't need to adjust everything every time you go a different distance would probably be more fun overall.

Partial credit for that one. I like your thinking, but I’d rather have one bike that puts the grin on my face that this one does, rather than 2 that sort of put a bit of a grin on my face.
    That is the same logic that prompted people to buy hybrids.
    A bike that is equally bad off road as it is on road.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.

• Yates spotted in Andorra on his new 2021 team Bianchi Oltre XR4. I’m loving that colourway.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,530
    edited December 2020

Yates spotted in Andorra on his new 2021 team Bianchi Oltre XR4. I’m loving that colourway.

Ooow no. Bianchis should be unashamedly Celeste. Even ignoring that fact, that paint job makes the bike look cheap.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,214
    Both the bus and Yatesy are on the wrong side of the road.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Agreed, Bianchis should always be Celeste.

Also, I hate the term 'colourway'. When did that become a thing.

Oh and why is Yates draughting a bus?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,576
    elbowloh said:

Oh and why is Yates draughting a bus?

Practice for being at the back of the group.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Both the bus and Yatesy are on the wrong side of the road.

What on a one-way street?

brundonbianchi What on earth is a 'colourway'?

• elbowloh said:

Also, I hate the term 'colourway'. When did that become a thing.

Since at least the 1940's. It's a term often used in the fashion world and it really ramped up its usage in the late 70's to describe trainer colour combinations.

• Getting used to seeing the back of something in that shade of yellow.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,230

Isn't it a splash of blue paint on a road to show drivers where to aim to hit cyclists?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited December 2020

pblakeney said:

Teams happily changing bike brands show that despite the PR guff the brand of bike means little in pro cycling and how it's really all about the riders.

Flip side argument. Jumbo blame Bianchi for blowing Le Tour. Should’ve used Colbago. 😂😂😂
    Your argument is the correct one, obviously. 😉
    I do like this argument. Perhaps the reason Alaphillipe lost LBL is that the new Tarmac hadn't been aero tested with a rider riding with their arms aloft.

The old rim/brake argument is pretty boring now but it'll be mildly interesting to see if any Greenedge riders switch back to rim brakes from disc brakes if Bianchi still offer rim brake options.
    I’d be surprised if Bianchi supplied the older rim braked version, rather than the new disc braked version.

why? a bike with calipers was good enough to beat all the disc bikes at this year's tdf so just wonderin'

#inquisitiveMF
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle said:

pblakeney said:

Teams happily changing bike brands show that despite the PR guff the brand of bike means little in pro cycling and how it's really all about the riders.

Flip side argument. Jumbo blame Bianchi for blowing Le Tour. Should’ve used Colbago. 😂😂😂
    Your argument is the correct one, obviously. 😉
    I do like this argument. Perhaps the reason Alaphillipe lost LBL is that the new Tarmac hadn't been aero tested with a rider riding with their arms aloft.

The old rim/brake argument is pretty boring now but it'll be mildly interesting to see if any Greenedge riders switch back to rim brakes from disc brakes if Bianchi still offer rim brake options.
    I’d be surprised if Bianchi supplied the older rim braked version, rather than the new disc braked version.

why? a bike with calipers was good enough to beat all the disc bikes at this year's tdf so just wonderin'

#inquisitiveMF
    It seems that Bianchi have indeed supplied the disc brake version. That frame is different enough to the rim braked version to warrant it being called a new bike, that’s not Bianchi’s way though. They don’t fix what isn’t broken, and tend to only make a big change, once it’s proven effective.

• MattFalle
    Isn’t that just pandering to the market though as it seems disc bikes are the current fad? I mean it’s likely that some bods will ignore some really important bits of the bike buying process because they feel things like discs/colour/perceived kudos of owning a certain bike is more important?
  • MattFalle

Yates spotted in Andorra on his new 2021 team Bianchi Oltre XR4. I’m loving that colourway.

Matching bus and clothes - even a cynic like me admits that’s cool.

#coordinated
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,610
    I feel MF and B B may be a rather fun combination...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Photo is supposedly taken in Andorra hence “wrong side” of road
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,214

How can you tell from the photo that it's a one way street? Or do you know the exact location?

• Both the bus and Yatesy are on the wrong side of the road.

How can you tell from the photo that it's a one way street? Or do you know the exact location?

2 Av. Dr. Mitjavila
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/YEfBBc1Tn7ew8KNL8