Bianchi to be bike suppliers to GreenEDGE from next year

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    This could be the saddest thread ever posted in Pro Race.
  • brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited October 2020

How many watts/grand did you gain?

4.2 by my reckoning. ‘Marginal gains’ and all that.

• pblakeney said:

Only a deluded mug would think a £12k bike will be faster than a £3k bike.

You should try a bike from the 3 grand ( ish ) bracket, then compare it to a ‘Super bike’, with real numbers / stats, then see what you think.

• Pross said:

This could be the saddest thread ever posted in Pro Race.

I agree ^^^^^ this very well could be.

• Anyway, back on topic. What are GreenEDGE going to call themselves now?
  • Mitchelton?
  • Mitchelton?

Biachelton?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,619
    Michelton Munchers
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Celestedge
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Seems WVA can't wait to ditch his Bianchi.

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Kinda like that...🙂
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • brundonbianchi
    brundonbianchi Posts: 689
    edited November 2020
    andyp said:

Errr no, he’s been given the new team sponsor’s rig to try out. I guarantee he’ll think it’s shite in comparison.

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Cervelo aren't what they were 10 years ago.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Guarantee?

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    He probably rides a Stevens painted up in the colours of his current team.
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

andyp said:

Errr no, he’s been given the new team sponsor’s rig to try out. I guarantee he’ll think it’s shite in comparison.

Do you know anything about pro cycling? Riders don't just get to fully painted team bikes for the next year to try out. That's not how it works.

The whole team we'ren't happy about the bike situation this year with the excess weight etc.
  • 50x11 said:

andyp said:

Do you know anything about pro cycling? Riders don't just get to fully painted team bikes for the next year to try out. That's not how it works.

The whole team we'ren't happy about the bike situation this year with the excess weight etc.
    It’s a good job they had the option of lightening it up with the black paint job and Corima rims then. The team were dominant in all the GTs they stayed in. That’s because it’s not all down to purely the weight, how the bike feels and handles counts for a lot more. There were no ‘complaints from the riders’ that’s utter nonsense.
  • webboo
    How do you know.
  • On the one hand one should not feed the troll but seriously, what deluded nonsense.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    It's weird, back a few weeks they were riding them as they were the best bikes around now they've moved to Cervelo it's just a sponsorship deal thing (which was what sane people were saying about them riding Bianchi).

Someone is very keen to justify their ridiculously expensive purchase
  • 50x11
    50x11 Posts: 408

50x11 said:

andyp said:

It’s a good job they had the option of lightening it up with the black paint job and Corima rims then. The team were dominant in all the GTs they stayed in. That’s because it’s not all down to purely the weight, how the bike feels and handles counts for a lot more. There were no ‘complaints from the riders’ that’s utter nonsense.
    Haha, I've never witnessed someone so insecure in a purchase of a bike. Just because you love your bike doesn't mean everyone else has to.

• 50x11 said:

andyp said:

If Lotto Jumbo carry on winning next season, does this mean that a Cervelo "feels and handles" as well as a Bianchi?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    edited November 2020

50x11 said:

andyp said:

If Lotto Jumbo carry on winning next season, does this mean that a Cervelo "feels and handles" as well as a Bianchi?
    The more important question is why did they feel the need to change?
    Can't be Bianchi's decision. You wouldn't choose to move from Jumbo to Greenedge.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Still remember those Cav comments re the Cervelo...
  • webboo
    Don’t bike sponsors have to pay as well as providing the bikes.
  • pblakeney
    webboo said:

Yes they do. I was assuming cash is less of a problem for a winning team like Jumbo.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    pblakeney said:

webboo said:

Yes they do. I was assuming cash is less of a problem for a winning team like Jumbo.
    Most of the extra budget for the big riders like Tom is coming out of the personal pocket of the owner of Jumbo, so I wouldn't be so sure.
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

webboo said:

Most of the extra budget for the big riders like Tom is coming out of the personal pocket of the owner of Jumbo, so I wouldn't be so sure.
    Assuming Jumbo don't want to lose then the conclusion would be that the cash benefit outweighs any drop in bike performance. The bikes are largely similar. Who'd have thought? 😉
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    This thread is insane.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Have I wandered into www.bianchifanboy.com?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.