New UCI calendar

14567810»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    edited August 2020
    Between this and the Coronavirus thread we re gonna have to start calling him Rickstrodamus...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Pedersen will get to keep wearing the jersey for longer then after all.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Rohan Dennis now onto the Tour team? ;)
  • UCI looking for a Plan B similar route in Europe. Tbf, there's plenty of places to find a route like that in France, Italy and Spain
  • ddraver
    That was my first thought too...
    - @ddraver
  • UCI looking for a Plan B similar route in Europe. Tbf, there's plenty of places to find a route like that in France, Italy and Spain

Atm, Italy would be the best bet in terms of the pesky virus.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    ddraver said:

Between this and the Coronavirus thread we re gonna have to start calling him Rickstrodamus...

Broken clock and all that
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702

gweeds said:

Worlds likely cancelled

For real?
    Rick has probably read a tweet somewhere and jerked his knee again.
    The UCI have, or at least had, a back up plan.
    The most recent cancellation was yesterday...........................for the Chinese WT races.

Swiss Covid numbers have been slightly up the past few days, but not by much.

I’ll let you off 😉

Atm, Italy would be the best bet in terms of the pesky virus.
    Organisers of the Giro della Toscana and Coppa Sabatini announced Tuesday that they have placed a bid to host all of the events and categories of the 2020 UCI Road World Championships from September 20-27 in the region of Valdera, located in the Province of Pisa in Tuscany.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tuscan-region-bids-to-host-2020-road-world-championships/
  • ddraver
    Did I half hear some podcast or other suggest that it was going to be LBL..?
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    Going back to the lane marking posts (sorry, I was away at the time they were made) I just wanted to reiterate that in the vast majority of cases these are public roads going back into public use within a few hours of races finishing. Do you really think it is a good idea to have a load of superfluous road markings potentially causing confusion to regular road users as well as becoming hazards in wet weather (particularly motorbikes)? I don't know about other countries but in the UK it would actually be illegal to have road markings on a public highway that don't comply with the Traffic Signs Regulations & General Directions.

So you'd have to have some form of paint that won't wash off in heavy rain but that can be reasonably easily removed by pressure washer or similar so that the roads can be quickly reopened once the race finishes whereas the alternative is to simply DQ riders that don't sprint in a straight line. They're perfectly capable of sprinting straight when it suits them i.e. they are the fastest and want the shortest route to the finish line. Also, how do you pass a slower rider without exiting your lane.

As for the 'hard shoulder', riders are able to ride safely close to the barriers as long as they're the proper design and one of the best aspects of a bunch sprint is seeing a rider with the skill to squeeze through a gap that doesn't seem possible at close to 40mph. Again, it comes down to sanctioning the riders that don't sprint in a straight line.
  • https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/world-championships-will-go-ahead-says-lappartient-with-numerous-european-cities-in-contention-465139

UCI President David Lappartient has said the 2020 UCI Road World Championships will still go ahead as planned on the original dates, albeit in a different location.
    A number of European cities have applied to host the week-long event, with Italian and French locations among those being considered.
    A final decision is set for the first two days of September, where the host city will be announced.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    Ai. That man has a long way to go to get back to a sort of normal. Best wishes to Fabio J.
  • ddraver
    In Dutch but works fairly well through Translate...

https://www.ad.nl/wielrennen/jakobsen-doet-zijn-indrukwekkende-verhaal-elke-keer-dacht-ik-dit-is-t-ik-ga-dood-br~ab4edd99/

Goes into some grisly details.
    - @ddraver