Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,422
    Someone who was watching on TV will have to tell me how Buttler was run out there. He looked miles in on the big screen.
  • bobmcstuff

On my way to see McCoy's vs Butterkist - I think we can all agree there's no competition which is best.

Looking forward to a couple of beers in the sun (hopefully according to forecast) and seeing Jos Buttler smashing it about a bit (also hopefully). Might catch the end of the women's game too.

I doubt it.
    Phoenix all out for 87 and a first in the league 5 wicket haul for just 7 runs from Morris.
    Yeah was just catching up on the train.

That still took them 86 balls and the second innings only just started, I reckon I'll be there in 15 mins.
    99 balls to beat 87 must have helped!

To be fair it's not like they were under any pressure until the "strategic timeout"
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023

Someone who was watching on TV will have to tell me how Buttler was run out there. He looked miles in on the big screen.

The bit of his bat that was over the line wasn't making contact with the ground, the shoulder was pushed into the ground and elevating the other end.
  • Comfortable win in the end.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bobmcstuff

The bit of his bat that was over the line wasn't making contact with the ground, the shoulder was pushed into the ground and elevating the other end.
    Yeah that wasn't clear at all on the big screen and they didn't explain it at all.

The DRS/umpire reviews were very poor in the ground as they took ages, the graphics were slow/not in line with the audio and you didn't get the full audio anyway. It's way better at Tests and internationals - I think at proper cricket matches the DRS reviews are really entertaining in the ground but they were just confusing tonight, which definitely doesnt help new fans. Was better when Ali burned the Phoenix review so the later LBW was just out. They've been pretty poor on TV as well to be fair, from what I've seen.
  • bobmcstuff
    Who is this Spencer Johnson and why wasn't he playing in the Ashes - 3-1 off 20 balls.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,056
    Off to The Oval shortly to watch Kent v Surrey. Report to follow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Good day, Kent won by something like 88 runs. Plenty of sun and cider plus a half time pitch walk.

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,393
    Definitely plenty of cider judging by the angle of the photos!
  • Stevo_666
    Pross said:

Definitely plenty of cider judging by the angle of the photos!

T'was a good day :) Forgot that the forum software rotates pics by 90 degrees if you don't take them in landscape.
  • bobmcstuff
    Looks like fun that.

Saw Leicestershire-Lancashire was insanely high scoring.
  • Stevo_666

Looks like fun that.

This one was Kent 330 for 6 and Surrey all out for 242 in a 2 x 50 over match. Not being an expert I'm not sure if that's a high score but was good watch anyhow.

Added bonus was my mate who invited us was a member so we could go in the pavilion to start with then moved over to the Galidari stand and spread out a bit when the pavilion started to get a bit packed. Only downside was the food wasn't up to much.
  • bobmcstuff
    Stevo_666 said:

Looks like fun that.

This one was Kent 330 for 6 and Surrey all out for 242 in a 2 x 50 over match. Not being an expert I'm not sure if that's a high score but was good watch anyhow.

Added bonus was my mate who invited us was a member so we could go in the pavilion to start with then moved over to the Galidari stand and spread out a bit when the pavilion started to get a bit packed. Only downside was the food wasn't up to much.
    330 is a decent score for a one day game, it's more than 6 an over which is decent going. Basically an England test innings these days 😉

Leicester got 411 which is a record in that series and Lancashire got to 315 ish.

I'm tempted to get Lancashire membership as its surprisingly good value compared to other sports.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Looks like fun that.

330 is a decent score for a one day game, it's more than 6 an over which is decent going. Basically an England test innings these days 😉

Leicester got 411 which is a record in that series and Lancashire got to 315 ish.

I'm tempted to get Lancashire membership as its surprisingly good value compared to other sports.
    Not sure how much you're looking at price-wise for Lancashire but my mate said his Surrey CCC membership was £170 a year, which was a fair bit cheaper than I had expected it to be.
  • Pross
    Skips v Tyrells is a good match. Root had been doing a good job chasing things down and has got Sams with him now who is on 24 from 8 balls. Being helped by some sloppy bowling and Root just smashes another 6 into the stand. 17 needed from 6 balls to chase down 196.
  • Pross
    9 needed from 3 with new man in.
  • Pross
    5 needed off the last ball, they can only get 2 and Tyrells hold on. Last wicket was critical, previous player was caught so new man had to face and just couldn’t catch anything clean.
  • bobmcstuff
    Watching the Manchester game today, top order collapsed somewhat with both Salt and Buttler going cheap - Salts been having a bad series with the bat.

But Jamie Overton - 83 off 30 balls! Sensational, made for a really interesting innings as I thought they were down and out.

Reese Topley was very dangerous with the ball.

Superchargers to chase 183 off 90 balls (lost 10 balls from each innings due to rain).
  • bobmcstuff
    Originals won easily in the end, despite Superchargers getting off to an amazing start. Mir came into his own with a four fer, after being a bit expensive in previous games...
  • Who is this Spencer Johnson and why wasn't he playing in the Ashes - 3-1 off 20 balls.

I meant to reply to this earlier. I first saw him when he appeared half way through this year's Big Bash, playing for the Brisbane Heat, making their team for the final. I think he's come quite late to the party, as he's only played a handful of first class matches. He seems to be quite a prolific wicket taker.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977

Who is this Spencer Johnson and why wasn't he playing in the Ashes - 3-1 off 20 balls.

I meant to reply to this earlier. I first saw him when he appeared half way through this year's Big Bash, playing for the Brisbane Heat, making their team for the final. I think he's come quite late to the party, as he's only played a handful of first class matches. He seems to be quite a prolific wicket taker.
    He got injured - stress fracture in his foot in 2017, came back in the next level down and then got promoted again in one days last year. This year, made his first class debut took 6-87, then next match took 7-47.

If he can stay fit, sounds like he bowls like lightning.
  • Pross
    Played for the Italian national side apparently
  • bobmcstuff
    He didn't play quite as well yesterday, no wickets and 32 runs from his 20 balls. 36 runs from 20 balls with 1 wicket on Friday.

3-1 off 20 is still mental though.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    Seen that Stephen Finn has had his hand forced into retirement through recurring injuries. Saw the below in the comments on the Beeb. Quite an XI

How good would this England team have been? Not bad eh? Well amazingly every single one made their Test debut after Jimmy Anderson and still retired before him!

Alistair Cook (capt)
    Andrew Strauss
    Jonathan Trott
    Ian Bell
    Kevin Pietersen
    Moeen Ali
    Matt Prior (wk)
    Graeme Swann
    Stuart Broad
    Tim Bresnan
    Steven Finn
  • A pleasure and privilege to have watched Tammy Beaumont smash the first ever woman’s century in the hundred.
    Scored at a rate of 200.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Shame she couldn't carry her bat. Damn good effort though :)
  • Highest ever score, men or women.
    Highest ever woman’s team score, beating the previous best by a whopping 24 runs.
  • JimD666
    Dropped by England for the T20's as her strike rate wasn't good enough. Think she's doing her best to rectify that.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    Fire have had a massive turnaround this year
  • JimD666
    Finally get a wicket and get NSB in. Not sure that's a good exchange. 🤔