Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    Brook being careful to aim for the vacant fourth slip position with his edges.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,422

:smiley:

Mad skills.

Two great shots in a row from him, 4 and 6. Fingers crossed...
  • kingstongraham

:smiley:

Mad skills.

Two great shots in a row from him, 4 and 6. Fingers crossed...
    He's some player when his luck's in.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    131 - 3 isn't too awful, but one fewer wickets would look lot better..
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

131-3 having been put into bat is very good. We'd of been spitting if the positions we're reversed
  • bobmcstuff
    JimD666 said:

131-3 having been put into bat is very good. We'd of been spitting if the positions we're reversed
    Yeah that quick 40 off Duckett really helped. Australia have had a lot of chances so I think we are doing well to be in this position.

What do we reckon par score is, 250ish? Given the movement?
  • kingstongraham
    If he gets his century, Brook needs to buy a lottery ticket.
  • kingstongraham
    He seems to be trying to get out any way possible, so maybe they need to bowl towards the stumps.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,535
    Moeen unable to run but knocking the ball all over the shop!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • bobmcstuff
    Well Mo's not going to die wondering is he

That over the keeper shot to the bouncer was amazing
  • bobmcstuff
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/66300514

I am struggling to pick my Ashes 11. Currently I only have 3 fast bowlers and no wicket keeper :smiley:

Definitely need Stokes to bowl
  • kingstongraham
    Cometh the hour, cometh the Bairstow.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,750

If he gets a double hundred, I will just wish Foakes played instead of Ali.
  • bobmcstuff

If he gets a double hundred, I will just wish Foakes played instead of Ali.
    Nope
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 289
    At least no one will be left wondering if the Ashes could have been won if it had rained less in Manchester.
  • bobmcstuff
    jdee84 said:

At least no one will be left wondering if the Ashes could have been won if it had rained less in Manchester.

Bit early for that, it looks like very difficult batting conditions out there. Let's see what happens when Woakes gets bowling, he should be getting even more movement.
  • kingstongraham

And goeth the Bairstow.
  • jdee84
    jdee84 Posts: 289
    The difference could well be Australia's tail will add about 5 times the runs that England's will
  • bobmcstuff

jdee84 said:

Bit early for that, it looks like very difficult batting conditions out there. Let's see what happens when Woakes gets bowling, he should be getting even more movement.
    Google's win predictor has 50% Aus, 38% Eng, rest draw. This means it's pretty evenly poised as it only takes a wicket or two to swing it a lot in either direction.

I stand by what I said earlier, looking at the pitch and the overheads 250 is about par.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    I'm thinking it's going to be fairly low scoring all round with the forecast over the course of the match. An innings like Brooks could make all the difference yet.
  • kingstongraham
    If it's going to rain, can it do it before 5 please, I need to cycle home.
  • bobmcstuff

If it's going to rain, can it do it before 5 please, I need to cycle home.

I need it to rain around 16.45 so I can get the train, then have play extended till 7ish so I have something to watch in the pub
  • bobmcstuff
    Tashman said:

I'm thinking it's going to be fairly low scoring all round with the forecast over the course of the match. An innings like Brooks could make all the difference yet.

Exactly my point.

If the Aussies are getting this kind of movement of the ball then we should too if the conditions stay like this. Looks like we'll be bowling today, will be interesting to see if we can capitalise.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,490
    Just read that this season 250ish is about par for the Oval wicket.
  • Tashman

Tashman said:

Exactly my point.

If the Aussies are getting this kind of movement of the ball then we should too if the conditions stay like this. Looks like we'll be bowling today, will be interesting to see if we can capitalise.
    And Anderson must be due some wickets! Could be just right for him
  • kingstongraham

Just read that this season 250ish is about par for the Oval wicket.

It feels like England have been steadily losing wickets, but 250/7 is pretty damn good at tea.
  • bobmcstuff
    My wife fancies Woakes fwiw.

One of her friends says it's because I look like him, but I think that's flattering (to me).

He has bowled fantastically.
  • bobmcstuff

jdee84 said:

Google's win predictor has 50% Aus, 38% Eng, rest draw. This means it's pretty evenly poised as it only takes a wicket or two to swing it a lot in either direction.

I stand by what I said earlier, looking at the pitch and the overheads 250 is about par.
    Now 42:45 Eng:Aus. Basically even.
  • bobmcstuff
    edited July 2023
    Woakes survives an LBW and a really poor dropped catch in the same over! lol

That dropped catch was one of the poorest yet
  • Tashman
    283ao. 2 hours to get into the top order now