Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293
    Only managed one :(
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    Steve Smith is so infuriating. He looks like a walking wicket moving across the stumps but always gets something on it.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,535
    Tashman said:

Steve Smith is so infuriating. He looks like a walking wicket moving across the stumps but always gets something on it.

Gets into the game so quickly too . . .
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Looking like an uphill task already unless we see bit of a turnaround in the final session of the day.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    This is lost already, I fear.
  • JimD666
    edited June 2023
    Englands premier all rounder(-ish) makes things look a little better.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,396
    Did a race in Cardiff this evening and despite the persistent drizzle it was nice to see 4 separate matches taking place in the park.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,423

This is lost already, I fear.

I think so.

Starting to regret the amount of money I've spent on Old Trafford, if today's performance is anything to go by!
  • bobmcstuff
    Australia might get bowled out somewhere in the 400s if we're lucky, and I somehow don't see us getting to that total - for this to work we needed to skittle them pretty early. I thought we might be batting by this evening.

There was a point earlier on when I thought we might be lucky to avoid the follow on, maybe we will still won't.
  • kingstongraham
    Just switched on TMS and literally first ball there's an Anderson wicket. Nice.
  • Pross
    Surprising, given conditions looked very favourable, how few wickets Broad, Anderson and Robinson managed. Did the Aussies just play them very well?
  • bobmcstuff
    Seems like we might be lucky and it might be the low 400s...

Although if it is moving about this much for us...
  • bobmcstuff
    Pross said:

Surprising, given conditions looked very favourable, how few wickets Broad, Anderson and Robinson managed. Did the Aussies just play them very well?

I think the wicket yesterday was a lot flatter and slower than either side or any of the pundits expected.

And the Aussies played well, and England were pretty lacklustre. Combination of the 3...
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,756
    Pross said:

A lot went past the bat and there was at least one drop. On another day, they would have got more wickets in the morning.
  • kingstongraham

Pross said:

A lot went past the bat and there was at least one drop. On another day, they would have got more wickets in the morning.
    Yes, I think Australia were lucky - there were quite a lot that on another day could have taken the edge.

416 isn't too bad after yesterday - England need some of the same luck with deliveries not taking the edge.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Good start so far....
  • kingstongraham

Good start so far....

Haha
  • JimD666
    It wasn't my fault this time!
  • kingstongraham
    100-1 is still a pretty tidy start.
  • Pross

100-1 is still a pretty tidy start.

Haven't you learned the 'curse of the forumite' from others? Stop tempting fate!
  • kingstongraham
    After 30 overs, Australia were 99/2. England are 145/1.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Lyon crocked, leg problem.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    edited June 2023
    Stupid to get out pulling like that. Nice to see our all rounder coming in at 188-2 though!
  • kingstongraham
    Hmm.
  • kingstongraham
    No ball !
  • JimD666
    Wondering if Tuffers is going to survive on commentary!
  • Pross
    That's one apiece on no ball wickets in the series. Let's hope that one ends up as costly as England's in the 1st Test.
  • Pross
    FFS giving wickets away
  • Pross
    They're just walking into the most obvious trap there is.
  • kingstongraham
    Yes, now seems like a good time to tire their pace bowlers out if Lyon isn't coming back.